Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1142931 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4035 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
I would have had the same reaction; "is this really happening"?

Redsoil

« Reply #4036 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
As an aside, what is it that people find so horrible about butt-crack?  I do understand that in our society, it' considered a little crass, but I can't see that it's really offensive or ugly.  Just a little indiscreet, given our social mores.  There are plenty of other things that get exposed and are totally acceptable, such as discoloured, cracked, mucky looking heels and feet.
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Otterpop

« Reply #4037 on: April 30, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
I can see why you'd be "disappetized."  But yeah, in hindsight, pretty funny.  Consider it part of the ambiance - deep south, fish camp, squatting dude with plumber's crack...

Had this happen at a tea house in Huntington Gardens, CA.  It was a female patron sitting on a metal folding chair.  Thing was FRAMED for all to see.  My cucumber sandwiches lost their appeal, but it's a funny story now.  ;)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4038 on: April 30, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »
As an aside, what is it that people find so horrible about butt-crack?  I do understand that in our society, it' considered a little crass, but I can't see that it's really offensive or ugly.  Just a little indiscreet, given our social mores.  There are plenty of other things that get exposed and are totally acceptable, such as discoloured, cracked, mucky looking heels and feet.

I think the problem is that a foot isn't considered as an intimate part of the body.  On the other hand, the tush is a little too close to certain bodily functions for comfort. 

Also, feet aren't funny.  A butt-crack can be. 

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #4039 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »

I think the problem is that a foot isn't considered as an intimate part of the body.  On the other hand, the tush is a little too close to certain bodily functions for comfort. 

Also, feet aren't funny.  A butt-crack can be.

Some people I know get grossed out because of what passes through buttcracks. It pops into their heads, and they lose their appetites.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4040 on: April 30, 2013, 10:43:53 AM »
Otterpop wrote:

"I can see why you'd be "disappetized."  But yeah, in hindsight, pretty funny."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Ahem.  Carry on.

Virg

Otterpop

« Reply #4041 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:33 AM »
Otterpop wrote:

Virg

CRUD MONKEYS!!!!  ROFL!!!  Good catch  ;)  See OP, your experience was worth it.  Thank you for sharing. *wipes tear*
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:51:12 AM by Otterpop »

Miss Tickle

« Reply #4042 on: April 30, 2013, 11:15:33 AM »
Speaking of bad smells, I'm finding I can't shop in certain clothing stores anymore. I feel sick everytime I go in. Not that they smell bad, per se, but that there's something in the air that nauseates me. I'm wondering if it's formaldehyde or something. At any rate, it's horrible, because it's DH's favourite shop.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #4043 on: April 30, 2013, 11:20:23 AM »
Otterpop wrote:

Virg

So Virg has the Evil Dip today.   >:D  Nice one, sir.

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #4044 on: April 30, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »
Speaking of bad smells, I'm finding I can't shop in certain clothing stores anymore. I feel sick everytime I go in. Not that they smell bad, per se, but that there's something in the air that nauseates me. I'm wondering if it's formaldehyde or something. At any rate, it's horrible, because it's DH's favourite shop.

A&F and Hollister...I can't walk by those stores without getting a headache and you can smell them from at least 2 storefronts away  ::)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4045 on: April 30, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
I'm officially an old fuddy duddy.  I can't shop in 'trendy' stores.  Between the overpowering scents in some of them and the loudness of the music, not to mention the style of music, I get an instant headache as soon as I walk in.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #4046 on: April 30, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »

A&F and Hollister...I can't walk by those stores without getting a headache and you can smell them from at least 2 storefronts away  ::)

Oh my gosh, yes. It smells like a paper factory was flooded with cologne.

norrina

« Reply #4047 on: April 30, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »
Definitely never going back to the "Nail Palace" in my hometown!  I actually ended up immediately going elsewhere to have the gel overlay that they did removed and redone. Before I was able to have them redone though, my fiancÚ exclaimed, "What happened to your pinky?!?" [the pinky nail was the worst of them all], and another gentleman took my hand, looked it over thoroughly, and asked, "Oh, honey, who did this to you?" The lady that redid my nails didn't speak much English. Of the few things she said to me, she commented, "Who do you nails? They UGLY."

I have very small hands/nails, and due to a genetic condition my nails will split and break when they don't have an acrylic or gel overlay, and I haven't had an overlay recently, so my nails were fairly short today. The gentleman that greeted me at the door informed me that my nails were too short for an overlay, so I said I would come back later (really, I intended to go to another salon, where I have had a gel overlay done on my "too short" nails before), but the nail tech insisted that I let her see my hands, and promised that she could do the overlay. I should have listened to the gentleman!

The tech did my first nail reasonably well, but then for the other 9 nails she decided that she was going to use a nail form to extend the length. I noticed that she was using the nail form over the my natural nail, when every tech I've been to previously has used it UNDER the nail, but I figured she was the professional so I was going to trust that she knew what she was doing. Afterwards I would realize I placed far too much faith in her.

During the process, half of the nail forms lifted off of my natural nail, resulting in a gap between my natural nail and the overlay. The gel overlay itself was also unnecessarily thick, resulting in a final outcome of an overlay that was about 2 stacked pennies higher off my finger than my natural nail. They looked like this: and
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:00:31 PM by norrina »

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4048 on: April 30, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
Definitely never going back to the "Nail Palace" in my hometown!  I actually ended up immediately going elsewhere to have the gel overlay that they did removed and redone. Before I was able to have them redone though, my fiancÚ exclaimed, "What happened to your pinky?!?" [the pinky nail was the worst of them all], and another gentleman took my hand, looked it over thoroughly, and asked, "Oh, honey, who did this to you?" The lady that redid my nails didn't speak much English. Of the few things she said to me, she commented, "Who do you nails? They UGLY."

I have very small hands/nails, and due to a genetic condition my nails will split and break when they don't have an acrylic or gel overlay, and I haven't had an overlay recently, so my nails were fairly short today. The gentleman that greeted me at the door informed me that my nails were too short for an overlay, so I said I would come back later (really, I intended to go to another salon, where I have had a gel overlay done on my "too short" nails before), but the nail tech insisted that I let her see my hands, and promised that she could do the overlay. I should have listened to the gentleman!

The tech did my first nail reasonably well, but then for the other 9 nails she decided that she was going to use a nail form to extend the length. I noticed that she was using the nail form over the my natural nail, when every tech I've been to previously has used it UNDER the nail, but I figured she was the professional so I was going to trust that she knew what she was doing. Afterwards I would realize I placed far too much faith in her.

During the process, half of the nail forms lifted off of my natural nail, resulting in a gap between my natural nail and the overlay. The gel overlay itself was also unnecessarily thick, resulting in a final outcome of an overlay that was about 2 stacked pennies higher off my finger than my natural nail. They looked like this: and

Oh...that's so bad. 

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4049 on: April 30, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
Nailwrecks?