Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1212031 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4095 on: May 10, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
That happened to me once when I colored my hair black, though it might have been because I didn't rinse the color out enough, I'm not sure.  Either way I'm not going black again.  Too dark for my complexion. People kept asking me if I was sick.  So I didn't even get the cool pale skin goth look, just a sickly look. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4096 on: May 10, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
Not buying Garnier hair color again.  I covered it completely, thouroughly saturated and it didn't color all of it.  I ended up with partially purple locks and some of it a purplish auburn. DH said it looks like I did it on purpose so I guess it doesn't look too bad, but I'm not going to bother with it again.  Will go back to L'Oreal as I've always had good results with that.

Oh, I wonder what happened?  I've used Garnier several times without mishap.

Some of the Garnier reds are too purply, I think. I dyed mine with the Herbashine temporary dye in a reddish shade and it came out purply; I really liked it so I didn't mind, but I found some reviews that were less thrilled.

eltf177

« Reply #4097 on: May 10, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
We just returned from a short vacation in the tourist mecca city in which my dd lives. We went to one restaurant to which we will never return. Every single entree was wrong. And not even remotely close to correct. I ordered a steak and got stew. My dh ordered chicken and got a salad. My dd ordered chicken and got soup. The waitress kept insisting that she'd written down those entrees because that's what we ordered and showed us her pad. I told her, "I'm sorry. But we most certainly did not order those meals. We ordered..." She kept arguing with us. My dd actually asked the waitress if we were being punked. We had to ask for the manager and he acted so put out by our wanting the meals we actually ordered, that we got up and left the restaurant.

I hope you didn't pay or tip!

Cami

« Reply #4098 on: May 10, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
We just returned from a short vacation in the tourist mecca city in which my dd lives. We went to one restaurant to which we will never return. Every single entree was wrong. And not even remotely close to correct. I ordered a steak and got stew. My dh ordered chicken and got a salad. My dd ordered chicken and got soup. The waitress kept insisting that she'd written down those entrees because that's what we ordered and showed us her pad. I told her, "I'm sorry. But we most certainly did not order those meals. We ordered..." She kept arguing with us. My dd actually asked the waitress if we were being punked. We had to ask for the manager and he acted so put out by our wanting the meals we actually ordered, that we got up and left the restaurant.

I hope you didn't pay or tip!
Nope! I certainly wasn't paying for food I did not want nor eat. I was MOST certainly not going to tip that kind of non-service. The very least I expect is that I will get what I order. If you can't do that, then no tip for you.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #4099 on: May 10, 2013, 05:20:10 PM »
I have dyed my hair numerous colorful colors...and never had the problems y'all are describing with the linens and things.  Weird.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4100 on: May 10, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »

I have dyed my hair numerous colorful colors...and never had the problems y'all are describing with the linens and things.  Weird.

Neither have I...though a friend did turn a bathtub hot pink once from her hair dye.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #4101 on: May 10, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
I walked into a mall bathroom once that someone was rinsing pink dye out of her hair in one of the two sinks (and it was going everywhere) - but the gross part was the used internal female sanitary object on the floor by the drain (a meter/40" from the doors to the toilets) with spots of body fluid on the floor between the drain and one of the cubicles. 

It had been a two hour drive with a friend to get to that mall (she had an errand to run and that was the closest location with that jewelry store where she could do it) and I never, ever want to set foot in it again.....not any of the stores, not the food court, and especially not the ladies' room.......
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Shalamar

« Reply #4102 on: May 10, 2013, 09:55:37 PM »
I had the same experience with a waitress insisting that I'd ordered Meal A when I knew for a fact I'd orderd Meal B.  This was at Red Lobster, and Meal B (the fisherman's platter, I think) was my favorite.    She kept saying "you DIDN'T order that" instead of getting me the meal I'd wanted.    I finally gave up and ate what she'd brought.  I wouldn't have minded so much, but it was my birthday and I'd been looking forward to that dinner for weeks.

Momiitz

« Reply #4103 on: May 10, 2013, 10:07:33 PM »
Please no more hair dye stories unless it pertains to a I'm never shopping there again.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4104 on: May 11, 2013, 06:53:38 AM »
Well this one does relate though I won't say I'll never go to this place again, I just won't ask them to color my hair again. 

A few years ago I went to Hair Cuttery and asked them to color my hair a shade of auburn.  Now my natural color is kind of a dark chestnut I guess you'd say.  Frankly it's been so long since I've seen my natural color, I've kind of forgotten the exact shade of brown that it is.   They gave me the book of color and I picked a pretty auburn but they wouldn't do it because of the natural tone of my hair.

I don't remember the reason they gave but it annoyed me enough that since then I've just been using store-bought kits to get the color I wanted them to color it and it's worked out just fine.  Sure it doesn't end up the shade that's on the front of the box but it looks pretty.  And maybe they did have a good reason for it, like maybe someone had said "Oh I'm okay with it!" Then came back and complained because their hair didn't end up the shade they picked, I dunno.  I just don't feel like arguing about it. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Asharah

« Reply #4105 on: May 11, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »
I had the same experience with a waitress insisting that I'd ordered Meal A when I knew for a fact I'd orderd Meal B.  This was at Red Lobster, and Meal B (the fisherman's platter, I think) was my favorite.    She kept saying "you DIDN'T order that" instead of getting me the meal I'd wanted.    I finally gave up and ate what she'd brought.  I wouldn't have minded so much, but it was my birthday and I'd been looking forward to that dinner for weeks.
Tell me you didn't tip. PLEASE!
Asharah

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4106 on: May 11, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »

I'm sorry your birthday meal was ruined. I understand why you gave up. At a certain point you have to weigh getting what you wanted against the fact that, because of the delay, you'll just be starting on your meal as everyone else is finishing.  :(

That reminds me of the last time I ever went to a specific McDonald's.

My order was all messed up - no cheese on my burger, a soda instead of the bottled water I'd asked for, wrong size fries, etc. It was insane. I showed my tray and my receipt to the person at the counter, which it turned out just happened to be the shift manager, and he argued with me! I forget his exact words but it was something like "You DID get what you ordered but if you want to change it now that's fine." He then rung it up and made me pay something like 60 cents more for the cheese and difference in drink, minus the difference for the smaller fries I'd actually ordered. Okay, I owed the money, but honestly I thought he should have just apologized, fixed my order and sent me on my way.

I emailed the corporate office and told the district manger that I didn't appreciate being accused of either lying or not knowing what I'd ordered, and additionally the place was filthy - sticky tables, garbage overflowing, bathrooms nasty, and in the 45 minutes I was there I'd seen a lot of employees standing around talking but not one had wiped a table or emptied a trash bin (I hung around because I'd promised the kids they could play in the playground, which was actually fairly clean, so I let them). He replied, apologizing, and offered me $10 in coupons for that (or any) store. I replied back to him that the coupons were appreciated but unnecessary as I had zero intention of ever stepping foot back in that store and I'd be happy to pay for my food in another store, that if he wanted to rectify the situation he could make a few surprise visits and get the store in shape, our little town would appreciate it.  :P

Shalamar

« Reply #4107 on: May 11, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »
Nope, we didn't tip the Red Lobster waitress - and that was a huge deal for us, because we ALWAYS tip.  We always make excuses for bad servers.   Grumpy?   Maybe she's having a bad day and her feet hurt.    Took forever to bring us our food?   Well, the restaurant is really busy, and maybe they're short-staffed tonight.    Forgot our dessert?   Everyone makes mistakes. 

That was just too much, though.   

Tashigi

« Reply #4108 on: May 12, 2013, 11:14:55 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0511-abercrombie-ceo-20130511,0,3610146.story

If there was ever a reason not to visit Abercrombie...

I'm so happy that my relatives no longer shop from there so I don't have to wade into that dark, awful smelling, deafening din to get something or return something.

kitkatswing

« Reply #4109 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0511-abercrombie-ceo-20130511,0,3610146.story

If there was ever a reason not to visit Abercrombie...

I'm so happy that my relatives no longer shop from there so I don't have to wade into that dark, awful smelling, deafening din to get something or return something.

Can you give us a run down for non-US people?? :) The website wont let me read the article.