News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 03:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 2993863 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4065 on: May 10, 2013, 08:00:16 PM »

I have dyed my hair numerous colorful colors...and never had the problems y'all are describing with the linens and things.  Weird.

Neither have I...though a friend did turn a bathtub hot pink once from her hair dye.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #4066 on: May 10, 2013, 08:53:46 PM »
I walked into a mall bathroom once that someone was rinsing pink dye out of her hair in one of the two sinks (and it was going everywhere) - but the gross part was the used internal female sanitary object on the floor by the drain (a meter/40" from the doors to the toilets) with spots of body fluid on the floor between the drain and one of the cubicles. 

It had been a two hour drive with a friend to get to that mall (she had an errand to run and that was the closest location with that jewelry store where she could do it) and I never, ever want to set foot in it again.....not any of the stores, not the food court, and especially not the ladies' room.......
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Momiitz

« Reply #4067 on: May 10, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
Please no more hair dye stories unless it pertains to a I'm never shopping there again.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #4068 on: May 11, 2013, 05:53:38 AM »
Well this one does relate though I won't say I'll never go to this place again, I just won't ask them to color my hair again. 

A few years ago I went to Hair Cuttery and asked them to color my hair a shade of auburn.  Now my natural color is kind of a dark chestnut I guess you'd say.  Frankly it's been so long since I've seen my natural color, I've kind of forgotten the exact shade of brown that it is.   They gave me the book of color and I picked a pretty auburn but they wouldn't do it because of the natural tone of my hair.

I don't remember the reason they gave but it annoyed me enough that since then I've just been using store-bought kits to get the color I wanted them to color it and it's worked out just fine.  Sure it doesn't end up the shade that's on the front of the box but it looks pretty.  And maybe they did have a good reason for it, like maybe someone had said "Oh I'm okay with it!" Then came back and complained because their hair didn't end up the shade they picked, I dunno.  I just don't feel like arguing about it. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Asharah

« Reply #4069 on: May 11, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »
I had the same experience with a waitress insisting that I'd ordered Meal A when I knew for a fact I'd orderd Meal B.  This was at Red Lobster, and Meal B (the fisherman's platter, I think) was my favorite.    She kept saying "you DIDN'T order that" instead of getting me the meal I'd wanted.    I finally gave up and ate what she'd brought.  I wouldn't have minded so much, but it was my birthday and I'd been looking forward to that dinner for weeks.
Tell me you didn't tip. PLEASE!
Asharah

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
« Reply #4070 on: May 11, 2013, 08:55:33 AM »
I had the same experience with a waitress insisting that I'd ordered Meal A when I knew for a fact I'd orderd Meal B.  This was at Red Lobster, and Meal B (the fisherman's platter, I think) was my favorite.    She kept saying "you DIDN'T order that" instead of getting me the meal I'd wanted.    I finally gave up and ate what she'd brought.  I wouldn't have minded so much, but it was my birthday and I'd been looking forward to that dinner for weeks.

I'm sorry your birthday meal was ruined. I understand why you gave up. At a certain point you have to weigh getting what you wanted against the fact that, because of the delay, you'll just be starting on your meal as everyone else is finishing.  :(

That reminds me of the last time I ever went to a specific McDonald's.

My order was all messed up - no cheese on my burger, a soda instead of the bottled water I'd asked for, wrong size fries, etc. It was insane. I showed my tray and my receipt to the person at the counter, which it turned out just happened to be the shift manager, and he argued with me! I forget his exact words but it was something like "You DID get what you ordered but if you want to change it now that's fine." He then rung it up and made me pay something like 60 cents more for the cheese and difference in drink, minus the difference for the smaller fries I'd actually ordered. Okay, I owed the money, but honestly I thought he should have just apologized, fixed my order and sent me on my way.

I emailed the corporate office and told the district manger that I didn't appreciate being accused of either lying or not knowing what I'd ordered, and additionally the place was filthy - sticky tables, garbage overflowing, bathrooms nasty, and in the 45 minutes I was there I'd seen a lot of employees standing around talking but not one had wiped a table or emptied a trash bin (I hung around because I'd promised the kids they could play in the playground, which was actually fairly clean, so I let them). He replied, apologizing, and offered me $10 in coupons for that (or any) store. I replied back to him that the coupons were appreciated but unnecessary as I had zero intention of ever stepping foot back in that store and I'd be happy to pay for my food in another store, that if he wanted to rectify the situation he could make a few surprise visits and get the store in shape, our little town would appreciate it.  :P

Tashigi

« Reply #4071 on: May 12, 2013, 10:14:55 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0511-abercrombie-ceo-20130511,0,3610146.story

If there was ever a reason not to visit Abercrombie...

I'm so happy that my relatives no longer shop from there so I don't have to wade into that dark, awful smelling, deafening din to get something or return something.

kitkatswing

« Reply #4072 on: May 12, 2013, 10:53:34 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0511-abercrombie-ceo-20130511,0,3610146.story

If there was ever a reason not to visit Abercrombie...

I'm so happy that my relatives no longer shop from there so I don't have to wade into that dark, awful smelling, deafening din to get something or return something.

Can you give us a run down for non-US people?? :) The website wont let me read the article.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #4073 on: May 12, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »
He doesn't want fat people, ugly people or people who aren't the 'cool kids' wearing his brand.

Hillia

« Reply #4074 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:12 AM »
He also says something about how their target customer is 'a cool kid with a great attitude'.  I fail to see how judging people based on their appearance shows a 'great attitude'.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #4075 on: May 13, 2013, 12:24:53 AM »
Yeah, they make big size clothing for their men's line, but they only go up to large for women. Basically, fat women wearing that brand make Abercromie & Fitch look bad, apparently.

Frankly, if he wants to let the nasty insults fly, fine. He should just know how much money he's losing the company by saying all those things. I know some of my friends are talking about donating the clothes to homeless shelters, since their corporate headquarters apparently burns leftover stock so poor people can't wear their clothes.

Vita brevis, ars longa

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #4076 on: May 13, 2013, 04:20:08 AM »
He also says something about how their target customer is 'a cool kid with a great attitude'.  I fail to see how judging people based on their appearance shows a 'great attitude'.
He said he was going after kids with "a great attitude and lots of friends." Now, I wouldn't think that someone with a 'great attitude' would shop at a store that makes their friends unwelcome.

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #4077 on: May 13, 2013, 06:16:53 AM »
Yeah, they make big size clothing for their men's line, but they only go up to large for women. Basically, fat women wearing that brand make Abercromie & Fitch look bad, apparently.

Frankly, if he wants to let the nasty insults fly, fine. He should just know how much money he's losing the company by saying all those things. I know some of my friends are talking about donating the clothes to homeless shelters, since their corporate headquarters apparently burns leftover stock so poor people can't wear their clothes.

Bolding mine.

That just seems so wasteful!

Captains Flat, Australia

dawbs

« Reply #4078 on: May 13, 2013, 06:56:58 AM »

Bolding mine.

That just seems so wasteful!

It's a fairly common practice.
It has it's reasons because of scarcity relating to value; if these items could be bought (because of someone picking them up or them ending up in a 'cheap' retailer) for 1/4 the price as it costs in regular stores, then the initial articles of clothing will only be worth 1/4 their regular price.

Heck, in a box in my office are a few hundred t-shirts printed w/ my employer's logo, from some events from previous years.
I can't donate them (having the entire homless population in my area wearing my employers logo = problematic).  I don't want to regale them all to rags.  Can't burn them.  Cant give them out to people who attend our events (here, have a t-shirt from 2001)...they're in t-shirt limbo-hell.

Jones

« Reply #4079 on: May 13, 2013, 07:08:33 AM »
His statements have made some friends of mine giggle. See, there's a woman in my town who looooves the brand. She is too big for their largest size, but she buys it anyway and squeezes in; doesn't seem all that great for the A&F image. 

Perhaps that should go in the "things I shouldn't laugh about" thread.

Personally? He has the right to market to whomever he wants, but a lot of those people love and support the people that have been rejected by his store. I've never worn the brand. The models who are paid to wear the clothes are usually half naked and getting nakeder in the ads. If you can't pay beautiful people to keep them on, why should the rest of us?

A real desire to believe all the good you can of others and to make others as comfortable as you can will solve most of the problems. CS Lewis