Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1250758 times)

Amanita

• San Francisco I miss you!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4170 on: May 18, 2013, 07:10:23 PM »
I second that, write to corporate, that's awful.

katiescarlett

« Reply #4171 on: May 18, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
I'm afraid, if that had been me, when told that they take too long to make, I would have responded that I didn't mind waiting.    ;D   Deliberately misunderstanding her, of course. 

dawnfire

« Reply #4172 on: May 18, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »
sounds to me she opened late and hasn't done her prep yet

A.P. Wulfric

« Reply #4173 on: May 18, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
I emailed corporate, but I think it's a different company b/c it's in a gas station and not an independent store.  I also posted the story on every review site I could find, b/c hey, there are so many alternatives, why should people bother with this one?

Pen^2

« Reply #4174 on: May 19, 2013, 05:17:25 AM »
A few days before an interview for what turned out to be my first full-time job (I was 21 at the time and had only worked casually or part-time), I was walking past a particular women's business-wear place which is fairly well-known, and also pricey. Not having a full-time job, I naturally had never been there, since I couldn't afford anything except the cheapest stuff. But they had a sign advertising $20 work shirts (three days only!), and since their shirts always look fantastic in the window, I decided it was worth taking a look.

Unfortunately, the door was locked. It was 11am, one hour after opening time. There was no sign indicating that they were out for a quick break and would be back soon or anything. I wasn't in a rush, so I hung around for ten or fifteen minutes until I heard the door being unlocked.

Inside, there were only the two women who worked there, and they seemed very busy (busy enough to ignore me, actually) with their important conversation about some trivia from their social life. I looked at all the shirts, but found none at the advertised price (all were upwards of $80). Thinking that perhaps they didn't relabel the clothes and the ones on special were all in a certain designated area of the shop, I approached the women and said I was interested in the $20 advertised special.

One woman rolled her eyes and the other turned to speak. Her response was to very obviously and slowly look me up and down (I was wearing jeans and a plain top; nothing terrible but nothing remotely fancy either) before saying slowly and patronisingly, "oh, no, that special isn't for people like you." I remember this word-for-word. I pointed out that there were huge letters on the window, visible from where we were, to the contrary. She made another comment which was something like, "there isn't a special available to you" before turning back to her demanding conversation.

"You'll be hearing from your superior" was what I said as I stormed out (the force dampener on the door prevented me from slamming it) and emailed the company directly. They chose not to respond, even after I sent two more. So I have since told everyone who has ever brought up that particular chain of my experience, and have left negative feedback with details of what happened and their refusal to deal with it on every website I can.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #4175 on: May 19, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »
Please share the chain with us as well, Pen^2.

snowdragon

« Reply #4176 on: May 20, 2013, 12:59:18 AM »

Yes, please do  - and if you don't feel comfortable posting it. please PM me

Pen^2

« Reply #4177 on: May 20, 2013, 03:50:40 AM »

It was an Australian company: Nina Kay. Very nice looking clothes. I'll never know if they actually are nice, though, since the prima donnas working there refused to let me buy anything. Apparently money from "my kind" is tainted  >:(

If there are any Aussies reading, I hope you decide to take your business elsewhere. Not just the rudeness, but their refusal to even accept that it had occurred and deal with it in any way is what makes me angry. They might have been the only two rude employees in the entire franchise, and they may have been fired long ago for all I know. It's not really about them. It's that the company blatantly refuses to listen to or address any problems their customers have. That is what is unacceptable.

StarFaerie

« Reply #4178 on: May 20, 2013, 07:00:38 AM »

It was an Australian company: Nina Kay. Very nice looking clothes. I'll never know if they actually are nice, though, since the prima donnas working there refused to let me buy anything. Apparently money from "my kind" is tainted  >:(

If there are any Aussies reading, I hope you decide to take your business elsewhere. Not just the rudeness, but their refusal to even accept that it had occurred and deal with it in any way is what makes me angry. They might have been the only two rude employees in the entire franchise, and they may have been fired long ago for all I know. It's not really about them. It's that the company blatantly refuses to listen to or address any problems their customers have. That is what is unacceptable.

Thanks for that Pen^2. I have looked at buying their stuff online and had wondered if I should, but with customer service like that about a customer complaint, I'm going to give them a wide berth.

Geekychick1984

« Reply #4179 on: May 20, 2013, 07:11:41 AM »
Just had a bad one from this weekend. I drove up to NJ from the DC area to visit my mom in a rehab facility (she was in a bad car accident a little over a month ago).  I booked a room at a Clarion hotel a mile down the road from her.

I arrived to check in a bit after 10 PM, and the music from the bar/event area was so loud I could hear it in the parking lot. It sounded like a club. I asked the guy at the desk how long this would be going on for, and he said 1:30 AM.  My room was directly over the bar/event area  He did not apologize, and just shrugged.  He actually smirked a bit at how frustrated I was. I asked if I could get a refund, as there was no way I'd be able to sleep with the loud noise.  He said no, and good luck getting a room as all the rooms in the area were booked. 

I proceded to begin my trip home back to the DC area in the pouring rain while 6 months pregnant and exhausted.  I found a quiet room off the highway in South Jersey.  It was definitely not a Clarion hotel.

I do not believe I should be charged for a room I did not stay in.  The whole point of a hotel is to be able to sleep.  There was no way I could have slept through the noise.  The whole situation is ridiculous, and I will never stay in one of these hotels again.  I will also make sure I let everyone know not to stay there either.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #4180 on: May 20, 2013, 07:48:19 AM »

I do not believe I should be charged for a room I did not stay in.  The whole point of a hotel is to be able to sleep.  There was no way I could have slept through the noise.  The whole situation is ridiculous, and I will never stay in one of these hotels again.  I will also make sure I let everyone know not to stay there either.

I agree that you shouldn't have to pay. Tell this to the hotel manager. This is where you talk -politely and unrantingly- to the hotel manager. Tell corporate. Again politely and non-rantingly. I will tell you right now that the whole "and I'm never staying in one of your hotels again!" anywhere in the talk or letter will mean they won't care what you say any longer; why should they? You've said you'll never be back.

Also: really? One bad experience at one hotel and you're going to write off the entire chain? Never staying at that hotel or any hotel owned by that franchise: reasonable.  Tarring all Clarions with the same brush isn't fair to the Clarions that are run professionally.

And no I do not and never have worked at a Clarion.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4181 on: May 20, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »

Wow. That is unbelieveably rude and unprofessional. I work for a women's store in the US, the one with the famous "red door" Our clothes are pricy, and up until a few years ago, our client base was "older", professional, women. We didn't really get a lot of younger women shopping there as the styles weren't what appealed to them.  They then tried to appeal to a younger crowd, but most of our customers are still slightly "older", professional women, just due to the styles etc we carry. That being said, I have had customers just starting out in the workforce, and others maybe not "the norm" and I treat everyone the same.

Whether they're looking for a suit for their first interview, or have been working for years, dressed to the nines, or in sweats just coming from the gym, they are still a customer, and deserve to be treated as such. Even if they don't find anything on that particular day, if we treat them wiht respect, they'll be back.

Geekychick1984

« Reply #4182 on: May 20, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
Also: really? One bad experience at one hotel and you're going to write off the entire chain? Never staying at that hotel or any hotel owned by that franchise: reasonable.  Tarring all Clarions with the same brush isn't fair to the Clarions that are run professionally.

Yes, that was enough for me to never stay with them again, though I auppose I might reconsider if they apologize and refund my money.  Everyone has a threshold for pushing them off a brand, and this is it for me.  It might not be for you, but yes, this was enough for me. I am allowed to have that opinion after this very horrible experience.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4183 on: May 20, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

Yes, that was enough for me to never stay with them again, though I auppose I might reconsider if they apologize and refund my money.  Everyone has a threshold for pushing them off a brand, and this is it for me.  It might not be for you, but yes, this was enough for me. I am allowed to have that opinion after this very horrible experience.

I'm the same way; even though it may be one of something that isn't representative of all the rest, one experience is enough to turn me off. I just bought a new car, well, new to me. My last one blew the transmission at 70K, out of warranty. Even though they've improved their transmission a lot, I will never buy another one of that brand. Same with my second car, for the same reason. And, being that both cars were gray, I am superstitious enough to never buy another gray car. My new one is white  ;D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4184 on: May 20, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »

I'm the same way; even though it may be one of something that isn't representative of all the rest, one experience is enough to turn me off. I just bought a new car, well, new to me. My last one blew the transmission at 70K, out of warranty. Even though they've improved their transmission a lot, I will never buy another one of that brand. Same with my second car, for the same reason. And, being that both cars were gray, I am superstitious enough to never buy another gray car. My new one is white  ;D

White is just extremely pale grey.  :D