Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1210969 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4185 on: May 20, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
Also: really? One bad experience at one hotel and you're going to write off the entire chain? Never staying at that hotel or any hotel owned by that franchise: reasonable.  Tarring all Clarions with the same brush isn't fair to the Clarions that are run professionally.

And no I do not and never have worked at a Clarion.

Yes, that was enough for me to never stay with them again, though I auppose I might reconsider if they apologize and refund my money.  Everyone has a threshold for pushing them off a brand, and this is it for me.  It might not be for you, but yes, this was enough for me. I am allowed to have that opinion after this very horrible experience.

I'm the same way; even though it may be one of something that isn't representative of all the rest, one experience is enough to turn me off. I just bought a new car, well, new to me. My last one blew the transmission at 70K, out of warranty. Even though they've improved their transmission a lot, I will never buy another one of that brand. Same with my second car, for the same reason. And, being that both cars were gray, I am superstitious enough to never buy another gray car. My new one is white  ;D

White is just extremely pale grey.  :D

Details, details. alhtough my new one has pale gray interior. hahahah But it's a Toyota, so I'm counting on it to last for a while.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #4186 on: May 20, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »
Also: really? One bad experience at one hotel and you're going to write off the entire chain? Never staying at that hotel or any hotel owned by that franchise: reasonable.  Tarring all Clarions with the same brush isn't fair to the Clarions that are run professionally.

Yes, that was enough for me to never stay with them again, though I auppose I might reconsider if they apologize and refund my money.  Everyone has a threshold for pushing them off a brand, and this is it for me.  It might not be for you, but yes, this was enough for me. I am allowed to have that opinion after this very horrible experience.

If you paid by credit card, just file a dispute with them. 

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #4187 on: May 20, 2013, 11:11:29 PM »

If you paid by credit card, just file a dispute with them.

POD.

This thread is full of stories of people that have stopped using certain companies because of what one location did. If Clarion were the only hotel chain in your area and boycotting them meant you could no longer travel, then yes, I might say you were overreacting. But there are lots of hotel chains that care about the comfort of their guests, so there's no reason to give your money to one that you had a bad experience with.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4188 on: May 21, 2013, 09:22:43 AM »
Similar to the Clarion story. I booked a hotel room at the Day's Inn near Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. This hotel has a conference room that runs down the middle and a pretty nice atrium. However, they book proms and events that run into the wee hours with loud music. Also, the inside walkways on the second and third floors have speakers that are not shut off until 11 pm. There was no manager on property overnight, and only two employees who stated they didn't have authority to keep people quiet. I will never stay there again.

Another hotel in the same area, but a LaQuinta had an outdoor pool that had at least 100 people in it at midnight. When I called the desk (people in the pool were screaming), I was told that he was the only employee on property and they had no security staff so there was nothing they could do. I will never stay there again.

I worked for both of those hotel chains, and I know how a well-staffed and well run property is, neither of these properties were well run.

ica171

« Reply #4189 on: May 21, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »
Similar to the Clarion story. I booked a hotel room at the Day's Inn near Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. This hotel has a conference room that runs down the middle and a pretty nice atrium. However, they book proms and events that run into the wee hours with loud music. Also, the inside walkways on the second and third floors have speakers that are not shut off until 11 pm. There was no manager on property overnight, and only two employees who stated they didn't have authority to keep people quiet. I will never stay there again.

Another hotel in the same area, but a LaQuinta had an outdoor pool that had at least 100 people in it at midnight. When I called the desk (people in the pool were screaming), I was told that he was the only employee on property and they had no security staff so there was nothing they could do. I will never stay there again.

I worked for both of those hotel chains, and I know how a well-staffed and well run property is, neither of these properties were well run.

With the outdoor pool one, I wonder if calling the police and putting in a noise complaint would have gotten some results.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4190 on: May 21, 2013, 11:49:44 AM »
They sent us a coupon for a free stay at that same hotel. I replied with a no, thank you.

norrina

« Reply #4191 on: May 21, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
Pen^2's experience reminded me of a similar, but not nearly as egregious, experience that I had at local clothier. This was a higher end store, though not necessarily any nicer than some of the brands that I routinely buy at the outlet stores. On this particular day I was on a quest for my "wedding dress", which was not going to be a traditional wedding dress at all but rather a long white sundress, and it seemed like this store might have something suitable. Alas, I was not wearing one of my nicer Banana Republic or Anne Taylor suits, but a lesser quality My Michelle set (albeit with a $100+ handbag and Calvin Klein shoes, FWIW).

I went in and noticed that the clerks were all being exceedingly attentive to the the other patrons in the store, but the 2 clerks engaged in nothing other than conversing with each other couldn't give me the time of day. No mind though, I was certainly capable of browsing on my own, and so I did. It didn't take me particularly long, because it's fairly easy to note any long white dresses in the store at a glance, and so I went from dress to dress, determining that none of them were exactly what I was looking for.

Finally, as I finished checking the last dress and was taking one more quick look around one of the clerks approached me, and with a sneer to her voice asked, "May I help you?" (I wish I could properly convey the tone.) I politely explained that I was looking for a long white dress and her response to that was to tell me, "Well, you've already touched all of them that we have."

Just to be clear, my hands were clean, and this were everyday dresses, albeit white dresses, so the oils from handling should not have been an issue like they would be with a traditional wedding dress. My thought was that if the store didn't want patrons, *gasp*, touching the merchandise they should maybe pay attention to the patrons when they came in and offer some assistance.

Even though they didn't have the right dress for me, we might have bought my groom's outfit there, if they hadn't had such a snotty attitude with me.

mmswm

« Reply #4192 on: May 31, 2013, 01:18:46 AM »
Many years ago I worked for a well know, upscale department store.  I was a salesperson in the children's department. One of my favorite customers was a really down to earth, but extremely wealthy mother of preschool age quadruplets.  Because she was a busy mom of 4 preschoolers, she did not always dress nicely. One day she came in with the kids and the nanny and asked the nanny to do the shopping for the kids while she went and looked for a few things for herself.  She told me that it was okay for the nanny to use her account, and that was fine by me. About half an hour went by and my customer came back in an absolute rage. It seems that the salesgirls in the ladies' department refused to give her the time of day and told her that she couldn't afford to be there so she should stop trying to waste their time. I called my manager who gave me permission to go on personal shopper duty. The other salesgirls were beyond irked when I rang up a sale large enough that the commission from just that sale was more than I usually made in two months (women's clothing is far more expensive than kids' clothing). While she didn't write of the store entirely, which she had every reason to do, she always asked my manager if she could steal me to help her with her shopping from that point onward.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4193 on: May 31, 2013, 12:43:08 PM »
They'd never seen Pretty Woman?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ica171

« Reply #4194 on: May 31, 2013, 01:02:11 PM »

That was the first thing I thought of, too! "You work on commission? Big mistake. Huge."

Amava

« Reply #4195 on: May 31, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »

Going by the many stories I read here and in other places, I have had to come to the conclusion that there are many salespeople who have never seen "Pretty Woman", or if they did, have learned nothing from it.
That scene should be included in every sales training program!!

Morty'sCleaningLady

« Reply #4196 on: June 03, 2013, 02:35:36 PM »
Chili's ToGo on Saturday.  I'm still fuming.

I ordered on line a bacon cheese burger with sliced avocado and onion strings instead of French fries.  My burger was requested medium rare with NO mayonnaise.  The program reiterated my ordered and told me it would be ready at 6 PM on Saturday. 

My dog had been cooped up in the house all day.  Well, she'd been walked, but she hadn't had any car rides.  So, I tossed her in the car.  Sure it was 93 degrees out, but my car has great air conditioning and the pup adores car rides.

I arrive at 6:01 PM.  The store doesn't have special parking for To Go orders like I've seen at other restaurants, so I'm a bit disappointed.  I put all the windows down in my car and run inside with my cash at the ready.  No order up.  They seem confused.  The girl at the counter knew the helpful phrases to say to appease a customer and ran back to check.  Did I mention that it was 93?   So, I told her my dog was in the car, please hurry. 

So, I get told it'll be right up.  I tell them I'll be in the car with the a/c on with my dog.  So, every five minutes I run back in.  Basically, they hadn't noticed my order before I arrived.  My food was ready 20 minutes after promised.  So, repeat the sitting in the car with the engine running 4 times. Finally, there is a burger. The girl reviews my order and I head home.  I arrive to find a well done burger (blech!) with mayo (double blech!) and fries instead of onion rings.  And there is a tiny piece of avocado that has been totally compromised by the mayo. 

If they had only told me that they didn't have my order when I arrived, I could have gone to the grocery store, bought all of the ingredients, run home and cooked them in the same time it took, for less money, and with a significantly greater shot at accuracy.   Instead, Chili's staff reiterated the meaningless platitudes to give customers who aren't happy.  I'll NEVER go back to that store.  It's bad enough that they forgot my order in the first place, but they got it completely wrong and lied to me at check out.
Formerly Mrs.Bart

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #4197 on: June 03, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »
Many years ago I worked for a well know, upscale department store.  I was a salesperson in the children's department. One of my favorite customers was a really down to earth, but extremely wealthy mother of preschool age quadruplets.  Because she was a busy mom of 4 preschoolers, she did not always dress nicely. One day she came in with the kids and the nanny and asked the nanny to do the shopping for the kids while she went and looked for a few things for herself.  She told me that it was okay for the nanny to use her account, and that was fine by me. About half an hour went by and my customer came back in an absolute rage. It seems that the salesgirls in the ladies' department refused to give her the time of day and told her that she couldn't afford to be there so she should stop trying to waste their time. I called my manager who gave me permission to go on personal shopper duty. The other salesgirls were beyond irked when I rang up a sale large enough that the commission from just that sale was more than I usually made in two months (women's clothing is far more expensive than kids' clothing). While she didn't write of the store entirely, which she had every reason to do, she always asked my manager if she could steal me to help her with her shopping from that point onward.

What did you do?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4198 on: June 03, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »

What did you do?

She helped the customer

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #4199 on: June 03, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »
Morty'sCleaningLady - I hope you called in a complaint to management, and shot off another one to corporate!
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture