Not any specific, horrible incident, but the mail order prescription company I've been using. I have mild asthma, triggered by allergies and weather. So while i have 2 different inhalers and sometimes need to use them both, its sporadic. sometimes i need them every day for a week, then not at all for a month or two.
One was $50 initially on my plan, the other $25. But for the $50 one I had a card from the drug co, giving me up to a certain number of co-pays, so they were free. The other I ordered through the mail order, and last time it was $60 for 3 months, vs. $75 at the pharmacy for the same amount.
I just reordered that one, and its now $100, vs. the same $75 for three at the pharmacy. and my other one, as the free plan has ended, is now formulary on my plan, so pharmacy is $25, so $75 for 3 months, and the mail order is $180. Had I thought to check before having my dr. send them a new script, I would have seen it had gone up!
Oh well, live and learn. The company was bought and has changed names so i can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with it. In any event, I'm going to either transfer my prescription from there to the pharmacy, or cancel it and have my dr. just send a new one. depending on how it needs to be done.
UPDATE: So I decided to call the mail order pharmacy and just ask why it was more. Found out th last time I ordered was the beginning of 2012. Ok, I figured as much. They also told me that through them, it's now the $100 I was charged, but retail would be $50, NOT the $25 I swear I saw on their site just last week. So I double-checked, and what do you know, they are now showing the retail cost as $50 each. so $150 for the same amount they charge $100 for.
They either just updated or something happened when I called. Either way I'm ok with it, and the one has a generic form, so I may just go with that next time.