Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1131405 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #4410 on: July 19, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
Eww.

New development near my work closed all the good ethnic restaurants. Now we are stuck with chains, but it gives me incentive to bring my lunch!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4411 on: July 20, 2013, 01:18:36 PM »
Not any specific, horrible incident, but the mail order prescription company I've been using. I have mild asthma, triggered by allergies and weather. So while i have 2 different inhalers and sometimes need to use them both, its sporadic. sometimes i need them every day for a week, then not at all for a month or two.

One was $50 initially on my plan, the other $25. But for the $50 one I had a card from the drug co, giving me up to a certain number of co-pays, so they were free. The other I ordered through the mail order, and last time it was $60 for 3 months, vs. $75 at the pharmacy for the same amount.

I just reordered that one, and its now $100, vs. the same $75 for three at the pharmacy. and my other one, as the free plan has ended, is now formulary on my plan, so pharmacy is $25, so $75 for 3 months, and the mail order is $180. Had I thought to check before having my dr. send them a new script, I would have seen it had gone up!

Oh well, live and learn. The company was bought and has changed names so i can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with it. In any event, I'm going to either transfer my prescription from there to the pharmacy, or cancel it and have my dr. just send a new one. depending on how it needs to be done.

UPDATE: So I decided to call the mail order pharmacy and just ask why it was more. Found out th last time I ordered was the beginning of 2012. Ok, I figured as much. They also told me that through them, it's now the $100 I was charged, but retail would be $50, NOT the $25 I swear I saw on their site just last week. So I double-checked, and what do you know, they are now showing the retail cost as $50 each. so $150 for the same amount they charge $100 for.

They either just updated or something happened when I called. Either way I'm ok with it, and the one has a generic form, so I may just go with that next time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:51:55 PM by siamesecat2965 »

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #4412 on: July 20, 2013, 01:32:13 PM »
Oh well, live and learn. The company was bought and has changed names so i can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with it. In any event, I'm going to either transfer my prescription from there to the pharmacy, or cancel it and have my dr. just send a new one. depending on how it needs to be done.

Getting a prescription transferred from mail order to a physical store is theoretically possible, but it could take days and often involves the pharmacist in the store sitting on hold for hours.  If you currently have your 3 month supply (ie, this is not an emergency) it would probably be best to call your doctor's office, explain the situation, and have them send in a new script.  That option may also take a few days, but will cause the least amount of inconvenience to everyone.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #4413 on: July 20, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »

Getting a prescription transferred from mail order to a physical store is theoretically possible, but it could take days and often involves the pharmacist in the store sitting on hold for hours.  If you currently have your 3 month supply (ie, this is not an emergency) it would probably be best to call your doctor's office, explain the situation, and have them send in a new script.  That option may also take a few days, but will cause the least amount of inconvenience to everyone.

That's assuming that both pharmacies want to cooperate. With the last two mail-order pharmacies I've had, it was a no-brainer to transfer a prescription from the brick-and-mortar pharmacy to the mail-order. You just logged onto the mail-order site or called them and they took care of the rest. I tried to do it with the current one and the mail-order said "your brick-and-mortar will have to initiate that." The brick-and-mortar said "nothing doing, you'll have to get a new prescription from your doctor."

*sigh*
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4414 on: July 20, 2013, 01:58:31 PM »

That's assuming that both pharmacies want to cooperate. With the last two mail-order pharmacies I've had, it was a no-brainer to transfer a prescription from the brick-and-mortar pharmacy to the mail-order. You just logged onto the mail-order site or called them and they took care of the rest. I tried to do it with the current one and the mail-order said "your brick-and-mortar will have to initiate that." The brick-and-mortar said "nothing doing, you'll have to get a new prescription from your doctor."

*sigh*

I did that too; but i want to transfer from the mail order to brick and mortar. its not a big deal; i'll see if they can transfer it first, if not, if i call my dr. and explain the situation, they won't give me any grief. they know me well enough that I'm not trhying to stockpile my inhalers :)

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #4415 on: July 21, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »

*sigh*

True.  In my experience (though I've been out of retail for nearly 4 years, and it may vary by state), all transfers must be initiated by the receiving pharmacy.  OTOH, transferring from a mail order place is such an ordeal that some pharmacists just won't do it and will require a new rx from your doctor.  However, depending on the drug and the emergent need, they may also offer to call your doctor's office for you.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4416 on: July 22, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
There were Sears stories a few pages back and here's another one.  Friend and I were in the cosmetics area and trying the samples.  Rep came up and scolded, "We ask that you don't open and try on the makeups."  Completely understandable.  Until we told and showed her that we were using the samples.  Then she got huffy (complete with narrow eyes and sour mouth) "Well, not all of them have samples so don't open those packages!!!!"  Huh?  We beat it out of that area.  I can understand being embarrassed, but there wasn't even anything to be embarrassed about; she didn't know what we were doing.  Most reps will just say "Oh, OK." and that's that.

We did buy some makeup though and the cashier who check us out was really sweet so I'm not blaming the whole store.  There's a rotton apple in every bunch.  So while I'm not saying I'm never shopping there again, I know who I'm avoiding forevermore. 

ETA: perhaps this belongs in the Professional Darwism thread instead. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:39:42 PM by rose red »

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4417 on: July 29, 2013, 03:07:56 PM »
I worked for Sears many years ago taking catalog orders, back when they still had a catalog.  We wore headsets, and were alerted to an incoming call by a pleasant female voice saying, 'Catalog, catalog'.

While I worked there, it was decided to centralize telephone customer service by having the catalog reps also take service calls and schedule appointments rather than having each repair center handle their own.  Oh my heavens.  First off, the incoming service calls were announced by a harsh male voice barking, 'Service! Service!' so you started off every call with a start and a rush of adrenaline.  Second, the appointment calendar for each service center was available to us.  It blocked off time as appointments were scheduled, but we had the ability to override the blocks and double, triple, quadruple book the center.  So if someone had a customer screaming about the washing machine, it was not unheard of for the harried phone rep to unlock the calendar and make an appointment, telling the customer 'Well, I'll squeeze you in...'.  Of course this resulted in service centers booked for way more work than they could physically handle, and even angrier customers when their service calls didn't materialize. 

Finally (and this was what we all hated the most), at the end of each call, we were supposed to upsell this Sears laundry detergent.  So we have someone who is upset that their appliance doesn't work, even more upset that the call won't happen until two weeks from next Thursday, close to the breaking point at hte news that it will cost $45 just to have a Sears repair truck park in front of their house...and now I'm supposed to sell them laundry soap?  This was one of the quality indicators on our phone audits, so if you didn't try to sell the doggoned soap you were in trouble, but I don't think I ever heard of anyone actually selling any.

I had that exact same job.  I hated the service calls!  It never went well when the service schedule was full 3 weeks out and you were the lucky one who had to tell them that.

I was reading the thread backwards and this made me think about Sears and its laundry soap.  What was with them and the soap , it was everywhere . Where other stores had impulse buys near the counter they had laundry soap. I'm fairly certain  I went to buy tires and they tried to sell me laundry soap to go with the tires.

Cami

« Reply #4418 on: July 29, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
Minneapolis airport. The story is too long and boring, but suffice to say that after the way they treated us (and the rest of our plane full of passengers who had a near-emergency landing at Heathrow, which was unnerving, followed by many hours of delays, leading to us getting in very very late and almost everyone missing their connections), I will never fly into that airport again. The inability to get an accurate answer about basic things like where we might find food, which I'd consider a basic and no doubt common question was simply astonishing. God forbid anyone might have had a medical condition requiring eating -- like say, being human. The snotty attitudes on top of the ignorance was mind-boggling.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4419 on: July 29, 2013, 04:35:02 PM »
Minneapolis airport. The story is too long and boring, but suffice to say that after the way they treated us (and the rest of our plane full of passengers who had a near-emergency landing at Heathrow, which was unnerving, followed by many hours of delays, leading to us getting in very very late and almost everyone missing their connections), I will never fly into that airport again. The inability to get an accurate answer about basic things like where we might find food, which I'd consider a basic and no doubt common question was simply astonishing. God forbid anyone might have had a medical condition requiring eating -- like say, being human. The snotty attitudes on top of the ignorance was mind-boggling.

Was is airport staff or employees of the airline who were less than helpful to you?

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4420 on: July 29, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
Are you sure you didn't end up at LaGuardia by mistake?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4421 on: July 29, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
Because she wasn't aware that it was meant to be a collectible and that writing on a receipt +bag over the comic would do so much damage?

The way she went at it with pushing for a 10 and actually writting it would be borderline for me.
Telling people about the survey is fine, joking about the buyers giving a ten is fine, actually writting it is a bit too much.

At one place I worked we were required by our district manager to specifically request top scores and to write it on the receipts. So it might have been the cashier being too pushy or it might have been a corporate requirement.

That doesn't make it okay to push for high scores, but it does mean that the wrong person can get blamed.
My dd worked retail and was required to point out the survey and required to ask for a 10. Failing to do so would get the employee a reprimand. Failing to do so five times would get the employee fired.

Which would be counterproductive for me, because I pretty much automatically downgrade anyone who asks for a 10.

Rob
You need to keep in mind that you're punishing the cashier for doing as they are required.

This is another old one but I wanted to share my experience why a service rep would push for a 10.

My company actually use a 1-5 system
5=excellent
4= above average
3=average
2= below average
1= unsatisfactory
was what the questioner said but in the companies mind 5=satisfactory 4=unsatisfactory 3= wow you need to be retrained now 2= what did you do burn their house down 1= after you burnt down their house you obviously stomped on their kittens and insulted their children.

a review with eight 5 and two 4s would cause a meeting
any threes meant explaining and retraining
2s or 1  on 2 reviews could get a person fired on the spot if the explanation wasn't good enough

also the average of their scores effected people pay. Someone with consistent 4s and 3 could eventually be fired because it brought down the average for the location too much. Now sane people would normally think reviewing someone as at a minimum average and mostly above average was a good review. So when people push for the highest number I either decline the rewiew or give them the high number.  I used to explain the basics to the customers 5= pass 4= fail , if you want to "pass " me you need to grade me a 5. 

Cami

« Reply #4422 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

Was is airport staff or employees of the airline who were less than helpful to you?
Airport staff.  Delta wasn't helpful in the slightest in terms of rebooking us, but it was the airport staff who were really mind-boggling in their lack of knowledge. For example -- I asked at the info booth, "What time do the restaurants in the airport close?" "I don't know."   One airport staffer told us to go "here" to spend the night, another told us to go "there", still another told us to go "some other place". It just went on and on and after you've now been up for over 30 hours straight with only one airline meal, you're not really equipped to handle the confusion.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4423 on: July 29, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »

Airport staff.  Delta wasn't helpful in the slightest in terms of rebooking us, but it was the airport staff who were really mind-boggling in their lack of knowledge. For example -- I asked at the info booth, "What time do the restaurants in the airport close?" "I don't know."   One airport staffer told us to go "here" to spend the night, another told us to go "there", still another told us to go "some other place". It just went on and on and after you've now been up for over 30 hours straight with only one airline meal, you're not really equipped to handle the confusion.

yeesh!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #4424 on: July 30, 2013, 09:20:36 AM »
Two weeks ago, DH and I went out for our 19th anniversary of being a couple. We went to see a movie, I had bought the tickets earlier via the Fandango app. I had no trouble getting the passes printed at the terminal, then giving them to the ticket taker, but once we got to the concession stand, it was a nightmare.

The concession stand had two people manning registers, a manager, and a floater who was filling orders and helping. We placed our order, then waited and waited. Because I had ordered popcorn, I wanted napkins. The napkin dispensers were empty. I told the man who was "helping" me, who looked at me like he didn't know where to get more. I then steadily increased my volume from low to moderate and asked for the manager. How do you not know where napkins are kept? He seemed to want us to go away, so he could "help" the next person even though we didn't have our items yet. Finally, DH went into the restroom and got paper towels for us. Sheesh.  :(

So when we went Sunday to see RED 2, we went to a different theater and operator. They had plenty of napkins.  :P