Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1161007 times)

GlitterIsMyDrug

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5025 on: October 30, 2013, 11:21:05 AM »
I think it was Let The Right One In, it sounds familiar at least.

chi2kcldy

« Reply #5026 on: November 01, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
Went to Kmart last year around Christmas. In the ad there was a photo of the adult onesy PJs on sale. The lady in the ad had on a pair with paw prints and the feet had a little bear face. I knew my daughter would love them. Although she is 18, she loves the onesy PJs. 

I go to my local Kmart with the ad and search for the PJs. I find the same PJs in the ad. The size I needed has no price tag and it's the last size small. I figured it would be no big deal. The lady in the ad has on the same PJs in my hand. They should be able to punch in a code. Well that is not what happened. 

Me: These PJs do not have a scanner tag but they are the same in the ad. Here is the ad.

Cashier: You need to get a pair with a scanner tag.

Me: This is the last pair.

Cashier: So none are back there?

Me: Well yes, but the pattern is different. I can get a different pattern and bring those up.

Cashier: No they need to be the same. 

I take a deep breath and explain the ad. The PJs are the same in the photo. The exact same. I do not understand the problem. She calls a mgr. He takes me over to the service desk.  >:(

Asst.Mgr: So you want to return these

Me: No. I want to purchase them. The scanner tag has been removed. The cashier said she couldn't ring them up and called you.

Asst.Mgr: let me see the ad, these aren't the same

Me: What?! Yes they are the same.  :o

During this time the store mgr comes up to the desk. He was getting some paperwork but I stopped him for assistance. I felt as if I had entered the twilight zone.

Store Mgr: What's going on?

Asst. Mgr: She wants to get these PJs for the price of these in the ad

Store Mgr to me: Sorry ma'am we can't do that. 

Me: But they are the same PJs and I pass him the ad

Store Mgr looks at ad. Examines PJ. Then he goes "Yea they are the same. Are you guys blind. Ring her up under the generic SKU" He looks at me, shake his head and mumbles a sorry. Then walks away.

mmswm

« Reply #5027 on: November 05, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »
Add my local Honda dealership to the list, and for the same reason as the Napa Auto Parts that I was venting about upthread.

I drive an older car.  Something is pretty much always wrong with it.  This time it's the brake light switch.  Now, the switch is physically stuck in the "on" position.  It's definitely the problem. But, the guy on the phone tried to feed me a line about how that wasn't really the problem.  He actually used the words "little lady".  I ended the phone call at that point, called back and asked to speak to the general manager, since the guy I was talking to initially was the parts manager. Of course I had to leave a message.  The dealership is pretty big and I wasn't expecting him to be free.  I'm gonna give him a chance to make it right, but if he doesn't, then I won't be dealing with them ever again. Actually, right now I'm planning on driving 30 minutes to the next dealership north to get the part I need.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #5028 on: November 05, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »

I seriously worry about the world if that is considered the "jumping off point" for vampire films, since, as VorFemme points out, such movies have been around since 1922.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #5029 on: November 05, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »

I seriously worry about the world if that is considered the "jumping off point" for vampire films, since, as VorFemme points out, such movies have been around since 1922.

He said for the "Teen vamp love" type films. So movies like Twilight or shows like True Blood. Not just all vampire films ever.

SCMagnolia

« Reply #5030 on: November 06, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
mmswm,  Your Honda dealer must be owned by the same morons that run our local Hyundai dealer.

Last year, I had an issue with the transmission in my Hyundai Tucson.  I call the local dealer (where I bought my car) and after leaving at least 3 messages for them to call me back, finally get to talk to someone to explain the situation.   Now, I am a mechanic's daughter, I've been around cars since birth, and I've logged a lot of time in my dad's garage helping him fix cars. 

When I explained the issue with the transmission, I was told it was "probably just a sensor."  I know darn well it's not "just a sensor" and that the tranny is going to need to be replaced. I get the condescending "now just how do you know that???"  I explain that I've been around cars for quite awhile.  I get laughed at.  I ask to speak to the shop manager, tell him I didn't appreciate the condesending behavior and go through the whole spiel once again.  Then I'm then told "that's not under warranty".  I have the warranty paperwork right there in front of me and it says in black-and-white that transmissions ARE covered.  Then I'm told my car is out of the warranty period.  No, it's not.   When I tried scheduling the appointment, I was told that the hours on the website are wrong, they don't have evening hours.  I'll have to drop my car off in the morning and no, they don't offer loaner vehicles.  I ask how I'm to get to work for the 2+ days my car will be in the shop (since I know that a tranny replacement will take at least 2 days).  I was told that unless I find someone to take me to work (not an option), I am getting a vacation. 

I say forget it and go looking for a Hyundai dealer near work.  I find one, call them and tell them I am one p!ssed-off woman and I'm not about to go through what I just went through with the local dealership.  I explain the situation and the shop guy tells me that transmission issues are VERY common to that particular model year and yes, it's under warranty.  It takes 3 days to get the new tranny and fix my car.  They have a shuttle to and from work for me for the first day AND they arrange for a rental car for me for the next two days -- at no cost to me.  Car is fixed and runs like a dream.

Guess who isn't going back to the local dealership. 

Unfortunately, the local dealership is the only one close by for my sister.  She's had issues with her Hyundai -- nothing major, but things that needed fixed.   She called with one issue and they needed to order a part.  Told her they'd call her to make the appointment when the part came in.  Over a month later, no call.  So she calls them.  Oh, yeah.  That part sat here on the shelf for weeks and nobody knew who it was for.  They put it in someone else's car just the other day.  They'll order another part.  She called them every day until the part came in.   Her husband drove her to the dealership to pick up her car after it was fixed.  He's standing off to the side as she's getting her keys and signing paperwork.  The shop manager tells her that without the warranty, the work would have cost nearly $500 and "I bet your dad is happy it was under warranty." She just looked at him.  The shop guy nods toward her husband.  She says "no, my HUSBAND couldn't care less what it cost since it's MY car and MY money."     

They had offered her free inspection when she bought her car.  First time she takes it for inspection, they tell her she needs new brakes.  Um. No. She does not.  She and my dad put those brakes on the car the day before she took it to be inspected.  They tell her, no, those brakes are bad.  She whips out her cell phone, calls Dad, hands the phone to the shop guy and say "tell him how bad those brakes are."  Dad must have ripped the guy a new one over the phone, because the guy told Sissy to have a seat in the waiting area for a few minutes and then they came back to tell her that her car passed inspection.  They had brought her car around for her to pick up, and while she's signing paperwork, the guy that drives the cars from the lot into the garage and back BACKS INTO HER CAR.  Crunches up the front, busts the radiator, busts a headlight. 

The Hyundai dealer is now at her mercy.  She took her car in a month ago with an issue with the heater not working right.  Says she's not waiting until the snow flies for them to fix it.  They tell her it's fixed, but she says it's still doing what it was doing before.  It's going back to the shop tomorrow.  Meanwhile, she ran over the remains of a deer that someone hit and since her car sits low to the ground, everything underneath is covered with deer guts.  Dad told her to run it through the car wash and have them spray off the underside of the car.  She opted not to - the car is going to the shop deer guts and all.  She figures after the grief she's dealt with from them, a few deer guts will just even up the score.

She's been my sister for nearly 40 years.  I know better than to get on her bad side.  Trust me.  They're lucky it's just deer guts.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5031 on: November 06, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »
She's been my sister for nearly 40 years.  I know better than to get on her bad side.  Trust me.  They're lucky it's just deer guts.

I think I love your Sis.

cwm

« Reply #5032 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »

I think I love your Sis.

LMAO. I love your sister too.

SCMagnolia

« Reply #5033 on: November 06, 2013, 11:33:21 AM »
LOL!!!  After my ex and I split (NOT an amicable split, and it involved him running around several months beforehand with a girl who wasn't much more than a walking social disease), Sissy said the only thing she wanted for her birthday was to put a dead fish under the seat of his truck.    >:D

She didn't, or at least if she did, I never heard about it.  Her original idea involved either doe estrus or skunk extract, but given it wasn't hunting season, those items weren't likely to be easily found in the local sporting goods store. 

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5034 on: November 06, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
mmswm,  Your Honda dealer must be owned by the same morons that run our local Hyundai dealer.

Last year, I had an issue with the transmission in my Hyundai Tucson.  I call the local dealer (where I bought my car) and after leaving at least 3 messages for them to call me back, finally get to talk to someone to explain the situation.   Now, I am a mechanic's daughter, I've been around cars since birth, and I've logged a lot of time in my dad's garage helping him fix cars. 

When I explained the issue with the transmission, I was told it was "probably just a sensor."  I know darn well it's not "just a sensor" and that the tranny is going to need to be replaced. I get the condescending "now just how do you know that???"  I explain that I've been around cars for quite awhile.  I get laughed at.  I ask to speak to the shop manager, tell him I didn't appreciate the condesending behavior and go through the whole spiel once again.  Then I'm then told "that's not under warranty".  I have the warranty paperwork right there in front of me and it says in black-and-white that transmissions ARE covered.  Then I'm told my car is out of the warranty period.  No, it's not.   When I tried scheduling the appointment, I was told that the hours on the website are wrong, they don't have evening hours.  I'll have to drop my car off in the morning and no, they don't offer loaner vehicles.  I ask how I'm to get to work for the 2+ days my car will be in the shop (since I know that a tranny replacement will take at least 2 days).  I was told that unless I find someone to take me to work (not an option), I am getting a vacation. 

I say forget it and go looking for a Hyundai dealer near work.  I find one, call them and tell them I am one p!ssed-off woman and I'm not about to go through what I just went through with the local dealership.  I explain the situation and the shop guy tells me that transmission issues are VERY common to that particular model year and yes, it's under warranty.  It takes 3 days to get the new tranny and fix my car.  They have a shuttle to and from work for me for the first day AND they arrange for a rental car for me for the next two days -- at no cost to me.  Car is fixed and runs like a dream.

Unfortunately, the local dealership is the only one close by for my sister.  She's had issues with her Hyundai -- nothing major, but things that needed fixed.   She called with one issue and they needed to order a part.  Told her they'd call her to make the appointment when the part came in.  Over a month later, no call.  So she calls them.  Oh, yeah.  That part sat here on the shelf for weeks and nobody knew who it was for.  They put it in someone else's car just the other day.  They'll order another part.  She called them every day until the part came in.   Her husband drove her to the dealership to pick up her car after it was fixed.  He's standing off to the side as she's getting her keys and signing paperwork.  The shop manager tells her that without the warranty, the work would have cost nearly $500 and "I bet your dad is happy it was under warranty." She just looked at him.  The shop guy nods toward her husband.  She says "no, my HUSBAND couldn't care less what it cost since it's MY car and MY money."     

They had offered her free inspection when she bought her car.  First time she takes it for inspection, they tell her she needs new brakes.  Um. No. She does not.  She and my dad put those brakes on the car the day before she took it to be inspected.  They tell her, no, those brakes are bad.  She whips out her cell phone, calls Dad, hands the phone to the shop guy and say "tell him how bad those brakes are."  Dad must have ripped the guy a new one over the phone, because the guy told Sissy to have a seat in the waiting area for a few minutes and then they came back to tell her that her car passed inspection.  They had brought her car around for her to pick up, and while she's signing paperwork, the guy that drives the cars from the lot into the garage and back BACKS INTO HER CAR.  Crunches up the front, busts the radiator, busts a headlight. 

The Hyundai dealer is now at her mercy.  She took her car in a month ago with an issue with the heater not working right.  Says she's not waiting until the snow flies for them to fix it.  They tell her it's fixed, but she says it's still doing what it was doing before.  It's going back to the shop tomorrow.  Meanwhile, she ran over the remains of a deer that someone hit and since her car sits low to the ground, everything underneath is covered with deer guts.  Dad told her to run it through the car wash and have them spray off the underside of the car.  She opted not to - the car is going to the shop deer guts and all.  She figures after the grief she's dealt with from them, a few deer guts will just even up the score.

Hyundai dealerships seem to be awful all over the place!  The dealership I bought my Tucson was just awful when dealing with me.  For one thing, they insist the car belongs to my husband.  As in, every email, letter, promo, and phone call are addressed to my husband.  Before I gave up on them, when I would call to try and schedule service, they'd ask if my husband approved me taking my Tucson in.  When I picked it up, they'd ask if my husband was there, since the Tucson was under his name.  When I bought my Tucson, the dealership had a promo where I'd get three years of free oil changes, plus some discounts on more expensive work.  After 6 oil changes (so about a year and a half), I started being told that it wasn't three years of free oil changes, but 12 total.  I pointed out that was about three years' worth.  Then it was changed to 9 free oil changes.  The next time I brought my Tucson in, they gave me a long spiel about not finding any notes about this "free oil change thing", but to be nice, they'd give it to me.  I stopped taking my Tucson in to that dealership after that, and I will never deal with any of that chain of dealerships ever ever again. 

cwm

« Reply #5035 on: November 06, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »

Hyundai dealerships seem to be awful all over the place!  The dealership I bought my Tucson was just awful when dealing with me.  For one thing, they insist the car belongs to my husband.  As in, every email, letter, promo, and phone call are addressed to my husband.  Before I gave up on them, when I would call to try and schedule service, they'd ask if my husband approved me taking my Tucson in.  When I picked it up, they'd ask if my husband was there, since the Tucson was under his name.  When I bought my Tucson, the dealership had a promo where I'd get three years of free oil changes, plus some discounts on more expensive work.  After 6 oil changes (so about a year and a half), I started being told that it wasn't three years of free oil changes, but 12 total.  I pointed out that was about three years' worth.  Then it was changed to 9 free oil changes.  The next time I brought my Tucson in, they gave me a long spiel about not finding any notes about this "free oil change thing", but to be nice, they'd give it to me.  I stopped taking my Tucson in to that dealership after that, and I will never deal with any of that chain of dealerships ever ever again.

There are two Hyundai dealersihps near me. I didn't buy my car at a dealership, I bought it used, but still wanted to use a dealership for repairs, if possible. The first time I had to take my Tiburon in, I went to the one that was closer to where I lived at the time. It was a brake light issue, and I needed to check the socket itself because the lights were burning out so fast. I got nothing but condescension and attitude, how dare a little girl like me be driving Daddy's car around like that. Well, it may have been a sports car, but it was mine, and I paid for it myself. I didn't stick around and went to the local auto parts store, where they just sold me a new socket and I installed it myself.

When the engine started acting funny I took it to the shop by my parents' house. Huge difference. I was treated with respect, all of my questions were answered and things were explained if I needed it, but I never felt like I was being talked down to. They fixed the problem, and offered a discount on an oil change while they were at it. I was due in a few days, so I took them up on it.

Guess which one got my business when the transmission went out and I needed a new one? And when I got my car back, the inside had been vacuumed and the console wiped down, and I got a discount on the service because they had gotten busy and hadn't given my car the complimentary car wash yet. Not much of a discount, but I will recommend that place hands down to anyone asking where they can take their car in for service.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5036 on: November 06, 2013, 12:15:50 PM »

There are two Hyundai dealersihps near me. I didn't buy my car at a dealership, I bought it used, but still wanted to use a dealership for repairs, if possible. The first time I had to take my Tiburon in, I went to the one that was closer to where I lived at the time. It was a brake light issue, and I needed to check the socket itself because the lights were burning out so fast. I got nothing but condescension and attitude, how dare a little girl like me be driving Daddy's car around like that. Well, it may have been a sports car, but it was mine, and I paid for it myself. I didn't stick around and went to the local auto parts store, where they just sold me a new socket and I installed it myself.

When the engine started acting funny I took it to the shop by my parents' house. Huge difference. I was treated with respect, all of my questions were answered and things were explained if I needed it, but I never felt like I was being talked down to. They fixed the problem, and offered a discount on an oil change while they were at it. I was due in a few days, so I took them up on it.

Guess which one got my business when the transmission went out and I needed a new one? And when I got my car back, the inside had been vacuumed and the console wiped down, and I got a discount on the service because they had gotten busy and hadn't given my car the complimentary car wash yet. Not much of a discount, but I will recommend that place hands down to anyone asking where they can take their car in for service.

makes me glad i scratched Hyundai off my list and went with a Toyota instead! 

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5037 on: November 06, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
Can we do a little snipping of very long posts + very long replies, please? Especially if there are several pages of text before you get down to the little one-liner at the bottom.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5038 on: November 06, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »
That's the thing with dealerships, though.  Your local one can be absolute carp and you go to the one over a town and they are fantastic.

When I was looking, part of the reason I wasn't going to go Subaru again is because there was no way in hell I was going back to the local dealership.  But the more research I did, the more I leaned back that way.  So far (only bought in September), the dealership one town over, even though it is smaller, is light years ahead in service.  I'll test them again tomorrow since I'm going in to get my snow tires on.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5039 on: November 06, 2013, 02:39:39 PM »
The Mitsubishi dealership near me has always treated me with contempt and acted like I knew nothing as well.  They finally got a new manager and last time I went in I almost fell over at how nice they were.  My next car will be a Hyundai though.  The dealerships around here get pretty positive reviews and I have had my heart set on an Elantra for quite awhile.  And even though they may have reformed, I will never buy a Mitsubishi again (the car has had an insane amount of problems in any case).