Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1209947 times)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5100 on: November 17, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »
Thanks for the Sears horror stories everyone, my washer died yesterday (Kenmore) and isn't covered under my extended home warranty sonhuupbby called Sears. I have my fingers crossed - pray for us

I cross my fingers for you too!

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #5101 on: November 19, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »
We had a good lunch, got back to the office, and we each reported to the cardholder what we'd had for lunch.  After she removed those items and accounted for the bosses' meals, we had a good 7-10 extra meals that couldn't be accounted for.  No one had ordered extra, no one had ordered anything extravagant.  Apparently the restaurant felt that because there were so many of us, we wouldn't notice if they charged us for more meals than we'd ordered.  We finally had to go  back to the restaurant, bill and menu in hand, and complain loud and long to the manager before he'd adjust the bill.

I'd have been tempted to call the cops on that one.

Rob

7 - 10 extra!?!?!?  Oh, they're not greedy! 
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Otterpop

« Reply #5102 on: November 19, 2013, 06:35:46 PM »
Once my current custom order is done, I will never buy another thing from a particular jeweler.  Waaay back in August, I got the idea to order a custom pin for DH for Christmas, a replica of a pin worn by soldiers of the First Minnesota in the Civil War.  I contacted K. Dopita, a jeweler who made very nice pieces in both silver and pewter, who said it wouldn't be a problem to replicate it as a Christmas present.  I sent her pictures and a description.  She said she had a lot going on right then, and she would "get back to me".  I emailed her at the beginning of October asking if she was still going to be able to do the order, since I'd never heard from her.  I got back a response saying she had taken "hundreds of custom orders" and since I didn't need mine until Christmas, she would be working on all of them first.  So I should check back at the beginning of December.

I'm not very happy about a) being put off so much and b) the bragging about all the other custom orders she's taken.  I get that it's a small order and all, but it just doesn't seem like she cares about getting it to me in a timely fashion (I need to get it before Christmas Day if it's a Christmas present to someone!) or cares about how the pushing me off for four months will affect my perception of her. 

Ugh. Is there another jeweler who could do this for you? This one sounds like a bad risk.

Yeah, bad risk.  Why didn't they just take your order in the first place?

andi

« Reply #5103 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:31 PM »
Thanks for the Sears horror stories everyone, my washer died yesterday (Kenmore) and isn't covered under my extended home warranty sonhuupbby called Sears. I have my fingers crossed - pray for us

Well - I kinda wish I had something exiting to share, but the guy showed up ON TIME and fixed it in 30 minutes, even showed hubby how to drain the trap next time so we don't have to call agan. Wow - cost $100 and most of that was the service fee.

zyrs

• spiffily male.
« Reply #5104 on: November 20, 2013, 12:21:13 AM »

Well - I kinda wish I had something exiting to share, but the guy showed up ON TIME and fixed it in 30 minutes, even showed hubby how to drain the trap next time so we don't have to call agan. Wow - cost $100 and most of that was the service fee.

That's actually awesome!

unnalee

« Reply #5105 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:27 AM »
My chiropractor has just lost a patient.  I used to see this chiropractor when I was in college.  When I moved away, I was sorry to leave his practice.  When we moved back over a year ago, I was happy that he'd take me back as a patient.  He's made my pregnancy pains much more bareable lately. 

However, when I make an appointment, I'm never sure when I'll actually get in.  I always tried to get the first appointment of the day (8:10 a.m.), only to show up and find that he's squeezed in two people before me.  Or he'd show up late and wouldn't be ready for another 10 minutes.  He always took as much time as needed to address my issues, but when he does this with all his appointments, he falls waaaaaaay behind in the schedule.

I had an appointment with him yesterday at 12:30.  I showed up 10 minutes early, checked in, and realized there were 4 people already sitting in the waiting room.  Even if he stuck to the 15 min. per person that he schedules for, I was still looking at an hour before seeing him.  I had another appointment scheduled across town (small town, so only a 5 minute drive) for an hour later.  I did not have a good feeling about this...

So I asked the receptionist if the doc was running on time today as I had another appointment in an hour.  She just shrugged and looked around the waiting room and said, "Well, there are a few people ahead of you."  So I sat there for 40 minutes after my appointment time, and it would have finally been my turn to be taken to an exam room, but two of the previous people hadn't even come out yet, so he was still working on them.

I got up and told the receptionist that I had to leave and in a very dismissive tone she said, "Oh, that's too bad.  Sorry it didn't work out."  No offer to reschedule.  He might be the best chiropractor in town, but when I can't even be sure how much time to take off from work for what should be a 30 min. appointment, it's too much of a hassle. 

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5106 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »

However, when I make an appointment, I'm never sure when I'll actually get in.  I always tried to get the first appointment of the day (8:10 a.m.), only to show up and find that he's squeezed in two people before me.  Or he'd show up late and wouldn't be ready for another 10 minutes.  He always took as much time as needed to address my issues, but when he does this with all his appointments, he falls waaaaaaay behind in the schedule.

Have you let HIM know about this issue?  Sometimes it's not the dr it's the office personnel and sometimes it is the dr and he just doesn't realize what is going on.  When I check in at the desk I ask is he running on time?  If it is more than 30 minutes I can leave and come back WITHOUT losing my place in line. 

Good physicians are notorious for working in patients truly sick or in pain but they need to let scheduled patients know what is going on. 

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #5107 on: November 21, 2013, 11:40:01 AM »

Have you let HIM know about this issue?  Sometimes it's not the dr it's the office personnel and sometimes it is the dr and he just doesn't realize what is going on.  When I check in at the desk I ask is he running on time?  If it is more than 30 minutes I can leave and come back WITHOUT losing my place in line. 

Good physicians are notorious for working in patients truly sick or in pain but they need to let scheduled patients know what is going on.

My pulmonologist is like that.  Sadly enough, I stick with him, because he's so wonderful that it's worth the wait, and now I know enough to schedule an appointment (rarely) with him, keeping in mind that he could be on time, or I could be waiting an hour or more.    We've actually discussed it in the waiting room, the other patients and I, and we all agree that he's THAT good.

For me alone, just getting a doctor who isn't going to *suggest* a diet every time I see him is the biggest plus.   I avoided doctors for years because of that, and this guy is a welcome relief, and I Can Breathe Again! 

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5108 on: November 21, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »
This did not happen to me but I got to go witness this one...

Mr Smith makes appointments with Dr Jones and the doctor is always behind so Mr Smith ends up waiting an hour or more for his appointment.  He tells Dr Jones this is not acceptable, Mr Smith is a professional on a schedule also and he can't wait an hour or more for his appointment.  Dr Jones dismisses his complaint without apology and says I get busy, I get behind. 

Dr Jones has a sign that says "Appointments not cancelled 24 hours prior will be billed".  The next time Mr Smith has an appointment he waits an hour then tells the receptionist he can't wait any longer and leaves.  Dr Jones bills Mr Smith for the missed appointment and Mrs Smith, unknowing all the behind the scenes aggravation, pays the bill.  Then Mr Smith files a lawsuit in small claims court to get his money back. 

Dr Jones refuses to refund the money and Mr Smith refuses to drop it - so Dr Jones has to shut his practice down for half a day and sit in court waiting to tell his side of the story.  The judge sides with Mr Smith and orders Dr Jones to refund his money.  Fortunately for both parties neither used an attorney.

Mr Smith asks Dr Jones how it feels to waste HIS day, losing money, sitting in court?  Dr Jones writes him a check on the spot and says he no longer cares to have him as a patient, he will have his files forwarded to his new physician. 

There was no winner here!  Dr Jones continues to run his practice the way he always has and now Mr Smith has a new physician that isn't much better at running on time.     

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5109 on: November 21, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
this with all his appointments, he falls waaaaaaay behind in the schedule.

It could also be this is the way he operates, and instructs his office staff to work as well. They may not care for it either, but if its the dr.'s doing, there really isn't much that can be done.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5110 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:39 PM »
I gave up on a good doctor for much the same reason - I would always try to get the first appointment of the day, since I lived near his office and would then stop in before work. I'd be scheduled for 9am and he'd wander in at 9:30. No, he wasn't off tending to an emergency, that was when he was apparently scheduled to arrive. ::) I finally took to calling around the time I'd have to leave to be there on time, to see how far behind he was and adjust my schedule appropriately.

The final straw came one day when I had a mid-day appointment, and called ahead to see how far behind he was. They said to call again closer to my scheduled time, nearly an hour later. So I call back and they said "Oh, you're next!" I said I was on my way. I got there, checked in, and waited. For an hour. Yea, he was TWO HOURS BEHIND. I talk to the receptionist, and she didn't seem to care. So I left. He still owes me my $10 copay back.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #5111 on: November 21, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
This did not happen to me but I got to go witness this one...

Mr Smith makes appointments with Dr Jones and the doctor is always behind so Mr Smith ends up waiting an hour or more for his appointment.  He tells Dr Jones this is not acceptable, Mr Smith is a professional on a schedule also and he can't wait an hour or more for his appointment.  Dr Jones dismisses his complaint without apology and says I get busy, I get behind. 

Dr Jones has a sign that says "Appointments not cancelled 24 hours prior will be billed".  The next time Mr Smith has an appointment he waits an hour then tells the receptionist he can't wait any longer and leaves.  Dr Jones bills Mr Smith for the missed appointment and Mrs Smith, unknowing all the behind the scenes aggravation, pays the bill.  Then Mr Smith files a lawsuit in small claims court to get his money back. 

Dr Jones refuses to refund the money and Mr Smith refuses to drop it - so Dr Jones has to shut his practice down for half a day and sit in court waiting to tell his side of the story.  The judge sides with Mr Smith and orders Dr Jones to refund his money.  Fortunately for both parties neither used an attorney.

Mr Smith asks Dr Jones how it feels to waste HIS day, losing money, sitting in court?  Dr Jones writes him a check on the spot and says he no longer cares to have him as a patient, he will have his files forwarded to his new physician. 

There was no winner here!  Dr Jones continues to run his practice the way he always has and now Mr Smith has a new physician that isn't much better at running on time.   
Growing up both us kids and parents had very old fashioned doctors. Appointments were long enough to take care of your issues and talk about what you needed to talk about. Space was left for emergencies. Pediatrician even had a special room for emergency  you went straight in that room because you were every contagious or in my case because I had been to the ER and was on steriods he didn't want me around sick kids.

Moved to San Angelo and ran into modern problems - over booking, not enough time. Dad had the first appointment after lunch was told doctor was running on time - had to wait 90 minutes or so. So Dad sent the doctor a bill for his time. After that at least members of my family were either taken on time or we got a call the doctor was running X min behind.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5112 on: November 21, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »
I recently left a doctor over a similar issue...

For my 9:00 appointment I saw the doctor at 11:30 - she said your blood pressure seems a bit high today.

I said, "your blood pressure would be high too, if you had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment and then your doctor be 2-1/2 hours behind.  Tell me how you get 2-1/2 hours behind at 9:00 in the morning when you open at 8:00?" 

She said it was just crazy there on Monday mornings.  "How?  I was told you do not take walk-ins, are you saying you do take walk-ins?"    She never answered and bean dipped me with health questions.

I discussed this with the front desk but they were unable to give me answers either.  So I'm not going to a doctor's office so poorly run.  Apparently someone is lying - they lie about this what else might they lie about?

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5113 on: November 21, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »
I recently left a doctor over a similar issue...

For my 9:00 appointment I saw the doctor at 11:30 - she said your blood pressure seems a bit high today.

I said, "your blood pressure would be high too, if you had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment and then your doctor be 2-1/2 hours behind.  Tell me how you get 2-1/2 hours behind at 9:00 in the morning when you open at 8:00?" 

She said it was just crazy there on Monday mornings.  "How?  I was told you do not take walk-ins, are you saying you do take walk-ins?"    She never answered and bean dipped me with health questions.

I discussed this with the front desk but they were unable to give me answers either.  So I'm not going to a doctor's office so poorly run.  Apparently someone is lying - they lie about this what else might they lie about?

I'm betting they DO take walkins. The more they see, the more they get paid. I saw a dermatologist once for warts on my feet. This was just after I switched to my first HMO, and you'd go in, and he'd have patiends scheduled for 15 minute appts, someteims two to a slot. He was the only doc in my plan, and thankfully once my warts were done and over with, I never had to go back, but you'd wait a good while to see him.

Goosey

« Reply #5114 on: November 21, 2013, 02:56:44 PM »
I knew a medical receptionist that said she would be required to double book appointments. Doctors would squeeze as much people in as possible and if someone's appointment took the actual required time (which was limited enough as it was), that resulted in really bad waits.