Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1095096 times)

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5220 on: December 20, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »
I thought all credit and debit cards were at risk, not just target-issued cards? The article I read said to watch your account if you used a card at any target between something like 11/27 and 12/15.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5221 on: December 20, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »
I thought all credit and debit cards were at risk, not just target-issued cards? The article I read said to watch your account if you used a card at any target between something like 11/27 and 12/15.

Ijust went to  bank and had them reissue a debit card (done in 5 minutes) so I am not too worried. Will be keeping an eye on my account for the next few weeks just to be safe but I have not written off target.

darling

« Reply #5222 on: December 20, 2013, 11:42:23 PM »

It's all types of cards. I got a call from my bank that my bank-issued debit card was on the list of compromised cards. Lucky me. Now I have no debit card until the new one arrives in a week.

random numbers

« Reply #5223 on: December 21, 2013, 12:09:57 AM »

Ijust went to  bank and had them reissue a debit card (done in 5 minutes) so I am not too worried. Will be keeping an eye on my account for the next few weeks just to be safe but I have not written off target.
I went in and replaced mine and then got an email from my bank saying  that they were working on replacing all vulnerable cards, automatically.   

I fell a little better about it all now. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5224 on: December 21, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
I must say I'm rather impressed with how Target's handling all this! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Jocelyn

« Reply #5225 on: December 21, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
Speaking of salads, there's a restaurant in my home town that we'll never go to again. 

I asked to go there for my birthday, which is on July 22 (this becomes important in a minute).  My older daughter, who's a vegan, took a look at their online menu and found a very nice-sounding salad that she wanted to order.  When we went there for my birthday, Daughter asked for the salad - only to be told "Sorry, we're not serving that until the summer."

I repeat - this was JULY 22.   :o
A friend just went into a local restaurant and tried to order their eggnog milkshake. She was told, 'That's a seasonal item, so we don't have it.'
She was boggled...isn't this the season for eggnog? If not now, when? :)

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #5226 on: December 21, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
I think I'm about to write off my local CVS pharmacy.

I went in yesterday to pick up my prescription and wait in line behind two people at the pick up line and when it's my turn the clerk said I had to go to the drop off window in order to renew my insurance.  So I go and wait in the drop off line behind three people until someone is able to run my insurance through.  I'm told to go back to the pick up line which now has four people in it.  I ask the clerk who just ran my insurance if she can ring me up since I've already waited in line two times and she told me no.  Fine.

So I wait in line for a third time and finally get to ring my prescription up.  When I mentioned this to the original clerk she said it was company policy to do that now because it was quicker that way.    ::)

Otterpop

« Reply #5227 on: December 25, 2013, 10:35:44 AM »

I went in yesterday to pick up my prescription and wait in line behind two people at the pick up line and when it's my turn the clerk said I had to go to the drop off window in order to renew my insurance.  So I go and wait in the drop off line behind three people until someone is able to run my insurance through.  I'm told to go back to the pick up line which now has four people in it.  I ask the clerk who just ran my insurance if she can ring me up since I've already waited in line two times and she told me no.  Fine.

So I wait in line for a third time and finally get to ring my prescription up.  When I mentioned this to the original clerk she said it was company policy to do that now because it was quicker that way.    ::)

Oh that's awful.  Four people can mean an extra 20-45 minutes in line with all the questions and paperwork.

When a clerk asks me to go to another line and then come back, I say, "Name (off nameplate) may I come back directly to you since I've already waited in line?"  So far I've always gotten a "yes."

A "no" would send me elsewhere, fast.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 10:38:07 AM by Otterpop »

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5228 on: December 25, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »

Oh that's awful.  Four people can mean an extra 20-45 minutes in line with all the questions and paperwork.

When a clerk asks me to go to another line and then come back, I say, "Name (off nameplate) may I come back directly to you since I've already waited in line?"  So far I've always gotten a "yes."

In the US: With all the new insurance laws, stuff like that is going to happen anywhere. We go to a small pharmacy with dropoff, insurance approval, and pickup at one station, and I am completely positive that it will be handled as efficiently as possible while knowing the pharmamcist can't fill the prescription until he gets my insurance work, so I can't just call it in.

My plan for two months has been to get my prescriptions as early as the insurance company allows, so my next prescriptions will next week, then I'm good until Feb, when the rush will be done. Still not looking forward to it but I will never, ever blame the drugstore!

Otterpop

« Reply #5229 on: December 26, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »

In the US: With all the new insurance laws, stuff like that is going to happen anywhere. We go to a small pharmacy with dropoff, insurance approval, and pickup at one station, and I am completely positive that it will be handled as efficiently as possible while knowing the pharmamcist can't fill the prescription until he gets my insurance work, so I can't just call it in.

My plan for two months has been to get my prescriptions as early as the insurance company allows, so my next prescriptions will next week, then I'm good until Feb, when the rush will be done. Still not looking forward to it but I will never, ever blame the drugstore!

Problem is they made her wait in line and when it was her turn they told her to go to the back of another line.  When she was done there, she was told to go to the back of the original line and wait again.  Four people, who came in after her, got served first and I'm sure her wait time was quadrupled.  Getting people in and out in a timely/efficient manner and with the least amount of annoyance IS the pharmacies problem.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #5230 on: December 26, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
When I mentioned this to the original clerk she said it was company policy to do that now because it was quicker that way.    ::)

I'm always tempted to ask, when I hear "company policy" if the person who made the policy has actually ever done the job. In my personal experience (as a worker), no. The policies are made by someone looking at data on a spread sheet who thinks "This way will be more efficient" implements it and causes inefficient chaos. Because the spread sheet said so.

Hillia

« Reply #5231 on: December 26, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
The thing is, each individual transaction is probably quicker for the person performing it.  For the customer, who has to add in wait time in multiple lines, it's a nightmare.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5232 on: December 26, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »

Problem is they made her wait in line and when it was her turn they told her to go to the back of another line.  When she was done there, she was told to go to the back of the original line and wait again.  Four people, who came in after her, got served first and I'm sure her wait time was quadrupled.  Getting people in and out in a timely/efficient manner and with the least amount of annoyance IS the pharmacies problem.

I would expect to go to the end of the line if I had gotten in the wrong line to begin with. I have a feeling that is one of those things that we could disagree on forever. Somone's going to wait, and if I kind of goofed up, there is no reason for me to make people others wait. Yes, it is the phamacy's problem and they are doing the best they can.

MissRose

« Reply #5233 on: December 26, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
If my favorite retailers were not using UPS for deliveries, I would not choose them personally.  Especially with the recent fiasco with deliveries, and from what I've read & heard then formed an opinion on those things: they did not hire sufficient (even if temporary) staff to sort packages, deliver packages, and address customer inquiries (phone or electronically).  The facebook page for UPS, some of the comments are NSFW, others are sad to read (missed medications, gifts for military members coming home, etc) and some are outright rude.  At least they did the right thing and did not force the drivers to deliver on Xmas Day.   Throw in that they want to charge a nominal fee to change delivery dates/time really irks me too.

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5234 on: December 26, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »

I would expect to go to the end of the line if I had gotten in the wrong line to begin with. I have a feeling that is one of those things that we could disagree on forever. Somone's going to wait, and if I kind of goofed up, there is no reason for me to make people others wait. Yes, it is the phamacy's problem and they are doing the best they can.

It doesn't sound like it was the wrong line, though. If it wasn't the wrong line, it was marked such that it was not obvious to the customer, which basically makes it the same as not being the wrong line.

It sounds as though dirtyweasel was picking up a prescription, so she got in the "pick up a prescription" line. Then they located her prescription, but because of company policy, could not bill her insurance at that register. So she goes to another window (labeled as drop off, which is not what she was doing) to have her insurance billed. Rather than ringing up the prescription that was already waiting for her, they had her wait in the "pick up a prescription" line again.

If that's what happened, that's not a circumstance that her insurance had anything to do with, and it wasn't caused by waiting in the wrong line. That's the pharmacy coming up with a policy that will require every customer to wait in 3 lines for each visit. There might be legitimate reasons for doing things in that order, but they've set it up in a way that takes the longest possible time for each customer, which is poor planning on the pharmacy's part.