Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1212944 times)

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5205 on: December 19, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
Dominick's?

Yup. 

I had my first job there and it was wonderful way back when.  I even learned confidence to interact with people after being bullied in school.  It started going downhill when Safeway brought them out, but I still shopped there frequently.  It's sad that's going to be my last memory of them.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5206 on: December 19, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
Dominick's?

Yup. 

I had my first job there and it was wonderful way back when.  I even learned confidence to interact with people after being bullied in school.  It started going downhill when Safeway brought them out, but I still shopped there frequently.  It's sad that's going to be my last memory of them.

My son worked there for a couple of years in high school.  At the same time one of my daughters was working at Jewel.   We had no choice but to shop equally at both stores.   ;D

Stanwyck

« Reply #5207 on: December 19, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »
Speaking of Chicago-area grocery stores, I'm never shopping at Jewell due to their horrible parking lots. If they aren't difficult to get in, they're impossible to get out of.  And their produce is mediocre.

Redwing

« Reply #5208 on: December 20, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
Well, happily, Mariano's has purchased the Dominick's stores, or at least the majority of the remaining ones.  Mariano's is great!  Huge selection of produce, deli, bakery, cheeses, canned and boxed food, and very competitive prices.

Reader

« Reply #5209 on: December 20, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
Petco.com.  My old watering system for my dog had a hole in the upper bottle (whole another story to how it got there)  So I go to petco.com to find a replacement system.  Find one I like, it's on sale and site says in stock.  Because I hate filling a dog bowl every day (3 dogs in the house) I clicked the 2 day shipping.  On the day it is to arrive I receive an e-mail that it's back ordered!  I go to check on it and the link doesn't say when it will be in stock.  So I open live chat, to ask if my 2 day shipping charge will be refunded and to ask if the item was back ordered why didn't the site say so when I placed the order, and when will it be in stock.  Get told by a representative that the item is being pullled and I won't be charged till it ships.  We kept going round and round till a phone call had me end the session.  Waited a day, rechecked my order status, still backordered.  Try to do live chat and the feature is down.  For a entire week.  Finally get e-mail the following Monday that it has been shipped.  Total time from ordering to arrival 7 business days, and 2 weekend days, for a total of 9.  Was charged for 2 day shipping, and my e-mail to the company has gone unanswered.  I could understand back orders this close to Christmas but I ordered this product right after Thanksgiving.  And my friends wonder why I prefer to shop in person. 

mumma to KMC

« Reply #5210 on: December 20, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
Petco.com.  My old watering system for my dog had a hole in the upper bottle (whole another story to how it got there)  So I go to petco.com to find a replacement system.  Find one I like, it's on sale and site says in stock.  Because I hate filling a dog bowl every day (3 dogs in the house) I clicked the 2 day shipping.  On the day it is to arrive I receive an e-mail that it's back ordered!  I go to check on it and the link doesn't say when it will be in stock.  So I open live chat, to ask if my 2 day shipping charge will be refunded and to ask if the item was back ordered why didn't the site say so when I placed the order, and when will it be in stock.  Get told by a representative that the item is being pullled and I won't be charged till it ships.  We kept going round and round till a phone call had me end the session.  Waited a day, rechecked my order status, still backordered.  Try to do live chat and the feature is down.  For a entire week.  Finally get e-mail the following Monday that it has been shipped.  Total time from ordering to arrival 7 business days, and 2 weekend days, for a total of 9.  Was charged for 2 day shipping, and my e-mail to the company has gone unanswered.  I could understand back orders this close to Christmas but I ordered this product right after Thanksgiving.  And my friends wonder why I prefer to shop in person. 

If you paid with a credit card, would you consider doing a dispute of the charges through them?

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #5211 on: December 20, 2013, 06:50:43 PM »
Sounds like a lot of folks are done with Target.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5212 on: December 20, 2013, 07:15:59 PM »
Sounds like a lot of folks are done with Target.

If you're referring to the whole card thing, I'm not.  Mind you I'll be hesitant to use anything but cash but I just like some of their stuff too much to write them off entirely.  I do think they're going to have a really hard time getting folks to sign up for their redcard now though. 

I have the Target debit card and will be watching my account to make sure no mysterious charges are made but I don't really blame the store.   I got a long email from them this morning even, apologizing and explaining what they're doing about the problem. 

I just like their store too much to swear them off entirely.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5213 on: December 20, 2013, 10:35:36 PM »
I thought all credit and debit cards were at risk, not just target-issued cards? The article I read said to watch your account if you used a card at any target between something like 11/27 and 12/15.

wolfie

• I don't know what this is so I am putting random words here
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5214 on: December 20, 2013, 11:00:53 PM »
I thought all credit and debit cards were at risk, not just target-issued cards? The article I read said to watch your account if you used a card at any target between something like 11/27 and 12/15.

Ijust went to  bank and had them reissue a debit card (done in 5 minutes) so I am not too worried. Will be keeping an eye on my account for the next few weeks just to be safe but I have not written off target.

darling

« Reply #5215 on: December 20, 2013, 11:42:23 PM »

It's all types of cards. I got a call from my bank that my bank-issued debit card was on the list of compromised cards. Lucky me. Now I have no debit card until the new one arrives in a week.

random numbers

« Reply #5216 on: December 21, 2013, 12:09:57 AM »

Ijust went to  bank and had them reissue a debit card (done in 5 minutes) so I am not too worried. Will be keeping an eye on my account for the next few weeks just to be safe but I have not written off target.
I went in and replaced mine and then got an email from my bank saying  that they were working on replacing all vulnerable cards, automatically.   

I fell a little better about it all now. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5217 on: December 21, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
I must say I'm rather impressed with how Target's handling all this! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Jocelyn

« Reply #5218 on: December 21, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
Speaking of salads, there's a restaurant in my home town that we'll never go to again. 

I asked to go there for my birthday, which is on July 22 (this becomes important in a minute).  My older daughter, who's a vegan, took a look at their online menu and found a very nice-sounding salad that she wanted to order.  When we went there for my birthday, Daughter asked for the salad - only to be told "Sorry, we're not serving that until the summer."

I repeat - this was JULY 22.   :o
A friend just went into a local restaurant and tried to order their eggnog milkshake. She was told, 'That's a seasonal item, so we don't have it.'
She was boggled...isn't this the season for eggnog? If not now, when? :)

dirtyweasel

• Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
« Reply #5219 on: December 21, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
I think I'm about to write off my local CVS pharmacy.

I went in yesterday to pick up my prescription and wait in line behind two people at the pick up line and when it's my turn the clerk said I had to go to the drop off window in order to renew my insurance.  So I go and wait in the drop off line behind three people until someone is able to run my insurance through.  I'm told to go back to the pick up line which now has four people in it.  I ask the clerk who just ran my insurance if she can ring me up since I've already waited in line two times and she told me no.  Fine.

So I wait in line for a third time and finally get to ring my prescription up.  When I mentioned this to the original clerk she said it was company policy to do that now because it was quicker that way.    ::)