Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1131446 times)

MommySloth

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5370 on: February 06, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
There is a locally owned tailor in our town and my sister took her wedding dress there to be hemmed. She had to watch the employee like a hawk and keep asking for it to be longer because she kept trying to pin it FAR too short (which is hard to do, considering the fact that my sister is only 4'10"). When she picked up the dress, it was a full few inches too short and the employees and owners all insisted that it was hemmed where it had been pinned - impossible, since my sister had to keep tabs on the pinning process the entire time. Sister's MIL ended up having to add a "ruffle" from the leftover material (difficult material to work with, of course) at the bottom, which looked great but took up a lot of extra time and added a LOT of stress during the last stages of planning an extremely DIY wedding. Luckily, I got married after her and knew better than to take my dress - which needed MUCH more complicated sewing than a simple hemming - to that shop.

Asharah

« Reply #5371 on: February 07, 2014, 12:43:57 AM »
CVS keeps asking if I want auto-refill on my prescriptions. I always refuse. Why? Because I'm a control freak and I don't want anyone else deciding when I need to refill my prescription.
Asharah

StarFaerie

« Reply #5372 on: February 07, 2014, 12:54:58 AM »
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.

Thanks for this. I have been looking into cruises and Rhapsody of the Seas was on the shortlist. Not anymore.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #5373 on: February 07, 2014, 01:01:40 AM »

Thanks for this. I have been looking into cruises and Rhapsody of the Seas was on the shortlist. Not anymore.
Don't sell them short! I know Elfmama had a bad experience, but DH and I had a wonderful time.

I found you post Elfmama. Cruise critic people can be a bit uptight. I remember a long thread for many pages about bathrobes.

secretrebel

« Reply #5374 on: February 07, 2014, 08:23:25 AM »
I don't want to CnP your story from here because I have a few nosy friends/family who might trace it back to ehell and keep track of me, however, I would dearly love to do whatever I can to help you get a full refund. Please let us know when you get some media exposure. I will gladly share that on my Facebook page!

I second that!
Here's the Cruise Critic post that I made, if that one is easier to share:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41592225#post41592225

I don't have a Twitter account, but if people want to do so on my behalf, I wouldn't object.  Tweet, blog, Facebook, send up smoke signals, stamp it out in the snow -- it's all good.  :)

I was going to help share this so went to the board and I'm afraid people have been really unfriendly. The board seems to have a very hostile attitude to new posters and to people who only make one post.

Sorry about that, I am a migraine sufferer as well so I understand your issue.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #5375 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »
I enjoy reading Cruise Critic, but unfortunately there are a couple categories of people I dread:  the cruise line cheerleaders who refuse to believe that anything could possibly be wrong with their favourite line, and those who believe that a person whose first post is a complaint must be a troll.

MissRose

« Reply #5376 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »
Elfmama, I hope the local media and the cruise line do right for you & your DH.  I am a fellow migraine sufferer for 10+ years plus who gets them mainly just before Aunt Flo is due to arrive and/or has finished up,  also they can happen if I am under extreme stress.

Belated anniversary wishes to you and your husband : )

Mediancat

• Shibboleth of Shadowland
« Reply #5377 on: February 07, 2014, 09:03:19 AM »

Dear Ms. [Agent]:

Thank you for your e-mail. Please accept my apology for not responding sooner. We appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to further address any concerns.

The well-being of our guests is our highest priority. However, there may be times when things do not go the way we had intended. We understand your disappointment regarding the medical evacuation of your client. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate the request for compensation. I apologize for any disappointment with our final decision.

Ms. [Agent], thank you for the time you have taken to write to us. We truly look forward to the opportunity to welcome your clients back again and demonstrate our commitment to service on a future sailing.

Sincerely,

Najwa Pagon
Corporate Guest Relations Advocate

Seriously? A flat no? They're not even bothering giving you ANY reasons at all?

That's completely ridiculous. And considering Royal Caribbean's recent run in the press, you'd think they'd be doing what they could to maximize GOOD press, not just randomly shafting customers.

Rob
"In all of mankind's history, there has never been more damage done than by someone who 'thought they were doing the right thing'." -- Lucy, Peanuts

nayberry

« Reply #5378 on: February 07, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »
elfmama, so sorry you missed your cruise, i get infrequent migraines and the aura and near blindness that can occur even with meds is horrid. 

had a look on that forum, not very friendly are they?

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5379 on: February 07, 2014, 09:08:36 AM »
I think some of the people on the cruise forum missed the point. They're defending the doctor for sending ElfMama to the ER but ignoring the fact that the cruise line is completely unwilling to refund the cost of the trip, or even credit it toward a rebooking. It's like "Sorry you got a migraine, thanks for the free money, happy anniversary!"  :(

Edited to add - I just re-read their form letter and it says they're refusing "compensation". Is it possible they think you're asking for them to pay the costs of your visit to the ER? I would think they'd say "reimbursement" regarding the price of the cruise, or is that the technically/legally correct word for the situation?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:12:57 AM by JenJay »

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5380 on: February 07, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
I don't have a huge issue with the medic making you go get checked out at the hospital, even with your assurances that it was a migraine.  If it was a stroke and you ended up out at see, it would be dangerous for you because they wouldn't be able to get you to appropriate medical help quickly enough.  And the symptoms can be very similar - I know two people who were thought to be having a stroke and it turned out it was a more severe migraine than they'd ever had before.  And in both cases, they had stroke damage show up on a cat scan.  One was in his 70's, the other was in his 30's.

And the advice to carry a letter from your doctor for future travelling is good.

However, their refusal to refund your money?  Absolutely appalling.  Or they could have made the arrangements for you to join the cruise on their first port of call.  Or something.  But to just say, too bad, so sad?  Ridiculous.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

suzieQ

« Reply #5381 on: February 07, 2014, 09:39:06 AM »
CVS keeps asking if I want auto-refill on my prescriptions. I always refuse. Why? Because I'm a control freak and I don't want anyone else deciding when I need to refill my prescription.
We were required to change suppliers for some durable medical equipment for DS.
New place futzed around making us late by a month on getting the equipment. This was important, as he should have gotten it in December, which would have put us on track to get a new system just before his insurance kicks him off for his age in a couple of years. (He turns 19 in January and will no longer be eligible for this insurance)

So now, we can still get the new system but it will be January so I will pay a year premium for this system. (still worth it!)

Then this year, when he is due for system, they futz around again and now we can't get it until February, which means that when he turns 19, I won't be able to get him a new system through this insurance. I will just have to hope his new insurance will cover it.

This is *plus* the fact that last year they put me on an auto refill program and then screwed up and sent the items too soon (by about a week, but still too soon) so insurance refused to pay. This was a $500 item! At the same time, they changed shipping methods without telling me, so instead of the items coming UPS and being accepted into the building, they were left in the mailbox - overnight in cold weather.
I wrote "left in mailbox" on the boxes in case I had problems with those items. When I found out insurance wasn't paying for the items, I offered to send them back, but they were "damaged" because I wrote on the box.
It's been months and I've seen no bill - I think the business wrote off the items because it was their fault they were shipped too soon and their fault they were left in a mailbox overnight (which is what would have caused any damage, not writing on the box!)

And the item is now backordered with this company as well. No warning about that, no notice of when it might be back. I'm done.
Check out my crocheted cross body bags for phones!

http://phlings.blogspot.com/

SCMagnolia

« Reply #5382 on: February 07, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »
Is it a controlled substance? This may be required. I used to get some ADHD meds for my son from a mail-in pharmacy and I always had to go sign for them. (making an assumption you are in the US).

Not a controlled substance.  They can't tell me WHY it's being shipped "signature required."  In fact, one person told me they NEVER ship anything signature required and I asked if I could email a picture of the shipping label to him to prove that oh, yes, they most certainly do.   I was told that my account would be noted and nothing would be shipped signature required.

That didn't work.

Next time I get a notice from the post office that I have to sign for a package from this company, I call and go through the whole story with yet another person.  She looks at my account and says "oh, yes... It does say not to ship anything signature required."  So why was this one shipped that way?  We don't know.  It's just something we do.

But other prescriptions come from that company NOT signature required.  It's just this one prescription and nobody at the place can explain it.   

mumma to KMC

« Reply #5383 on: February 07, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
Last night at a popular, somewhat upscale, Southern grocery store chain, I had all of my items unloaded on the belt (there were only about 12-14 things) then was told that the cashier's drawer needed to be counted so she couldn't check me out.

I looked at her, I looked at her light that was on, looked at my food on the belt, and was really tempted to just leave it and walk out (but thought for sure that would not be ehell approved) and just started putting my things back in the cart. I went down to the 10 items or less lane and checked out.

I'm waiting for a call from the store manager right now. I couldn't think of how to deal with the situation in the store last night, plus I had three little kids with me, and I was just trying to get out of the store without a meltdown from one of them :).

ETA: I will still shop at their stores, but my decision to continue to shop at that location will depend on what the manager has to say.

I got a call back from the assistant store manager and he apologized. He wasn't aware of anything that had happened that could/would have caused someone to have her drawer pulled in the middle of a shift (but did suggest that there may have been a discrepancy with a customer.)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5384 on: February 07, 2014, 11:45:02 AM »
There's something off with Elfmama's story but it has nothing to do with Elfmama or her DH.

We've sailed with Royal Caribbean three times and have another scheduled.  Perhaps it's because we sail on older, smaller ships but we've never encountered strobe lights in the corridors during muster drill.  That would be alarming and disorienting to anyone.  The audience in the theater is alerted that flashing lights may occur during a show.  A similar alert should have been given to passengers at boarding so that people subject to migraines could arrange for alternatives in the same way that passengers who use a wheelchair can make arrangements for assistance. 

I also wouldn't worry too much about the comments on Cruise Critic.  We know that cruise lines pay close attention to the site and post their own blurbs if anyone has a legitimate criticism.  The site must be read with a bit more salt than a prudent diet would suggest.

We certainly hope that Elfmama and her DH get full compensation for their lost fares. 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:46:33 AM by Thipu1 »