Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1210003 times)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5460 on: February 28, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »
I officially give up on GameStop's website.

The past three or four times I've tried to order off there it's been an absolute nightmare. Other people's orders keep showing up in my order history, they keep canceling my preorders without even informing me, they charged me $50 for absolutely NOTHING a few months ago - thankfully that got reversed, but I have no idea what was going on because they will. not. respond to any attempts to contact their customer service. And today I discovered they've changed all their shipping options as well as canceling a very important preorder I've had in for almost a year now, so since that preorder was placed using the old shipping options, I can't redo it and trying has got me locked out of my account for trying to place too many orders. Never mind that I never even got past the shopping cart. Apparently trying to check out three times is entirely too much for their system to handle.

I give up. I'm still going to shop at the store in the mall, because that is the nicest and most helpful outlet I've ever come across, but I am not touching their website again. It's not worth it.
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

andi

« Reply #5461 on: February 28, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »
Yeah - both Game Stop store I shop at are great, the guys who work there are alwYs friendly and helpful when I'm looking for stuff for Boo. The website = :head desk:

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #5462 on: March 01, 2014, 04:00:07 PM »
I get my watch battery changed at WalMart. It's cheap and fast.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #5463 on: March 01, 2014, 04:15:40 PM »
I get my watch battery changed at WalMart. It's cheap and fast.

The one time I did that, they couldn't put my watch back together, so I ending up having to go to a jewelry store anyway ...

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5464 on: March 05, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Walmart takes one look at my watch and says sorry we don't work on these ...

Hence the jewelry store requirement.

gingerzing

« Reply #5465 on: March 05, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Granted this is not an again, but based on my friend's recent experience with an online clothing store. 
She started posting on FB this Holy Clothing company's cool clothings.  They are almost more  Renaissance & Gypsy styles. Plus they had a really wide range of sizes up to I think 5X.  Cool stuff (most could be worn to my work) and decently priced.  I was just starting to show DH and see about ordering a couple things. 
Then my friend gets her order and posted what happened next.  She was excited that both the top and the pants fit nicely for her when she first tried them on.  The site and the packing information mentions to machine was in cold water (on delicate) and to air dry before wearing.  So she did went ahead to wash them before wearing them.  Both items shrunk about one full size. 
She emailed to ask about returning them and was told that their policy was not to accept returns that have been worn, tags removed, or washed.  But she agrued that the site and instructions clearly stated to wash them in cold water and hang dry before wearing.  But they couldn't accept them and she must have picked the incorrect size. 
She then got mad.  She wrote a letter with no swears but extreme unhappiness (English majors can be very verbois and get the point across)  to the company's email.  Got back the same response.  So she printed off every email to and from the company and them mailed them and another letter (snail mail) to the owner of the company. 

We await a response. 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5466 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
I have many Holy Clothing dresses and I have only had an issue once. That was a light blue dress that bled while being washed on cold. They sent me another dress and I used color remover to make that one white.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #5467 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »
I had a new dress come from them - floor length for the Rennaissance Festival when it got to me....and pale blue gray.

After washing it by itself and air drying it, it is about three inches shorter (the good news is that the hem stays much cleaner that way) but the bad news is that it went from loose but not baggy to a bit snug for a woven garment...and there was a small red blotch in an awkward location on my chest...not someplace where I can easily cover it up with a brooch or more embroidery.  Although I did find a coordinating blue gray woven with silver pashmina stole to use as a head covering the next time I wear it...and a silver brooch or two to hold it in place so that the stays in place, covering the red blotch.

Yeah - I like their stuff in the photos - but if it shrinks THAT much, they need to tell you to order a size larger...or something.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just saw the previous post about using color remover to turn the outfit white.  How well did the embroidery change color?  Did it turn white also or is it just a slightly different color? 

Because the last time I used color remover on rayon, I noticed that it was NOT what you'd call gentle on the fabric....

I'm also debating overdyeing it (in true Medieval style) to get a much darker color.....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:02:08 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5468 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
The embroidery and soutache trim are exactly the same as the fabric.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5469 on: March 05, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »
Okay - then overdyeing it has a good chance of working, if I use color remover first....

I guess I need to do the color remover to see what happens and then decide what to use as an overdye....if it goes ivory instead of snow - I might want to pick a darker color...or if the red is still there, I might go with a red....

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5470 on: March 05, 2014, 10:16:39 PM »
I had a new dress come from them - floor length for the Rennaissance Festival when it got to me....and pale blue gray.

After washing it by itself and air drying it, it is about three inches shorter (the good news is that the hem stays much cleaner that way) but the bad news is that it went from loose but not baggy to a bit snug for a woven garment...and there was a small red blotch in an awkward location on my chest...not someplace where I can easily cover it up with a brooch or more embroidery.  Although I did find a coordinating blue gray woven with silver pashmina stole to use as a head covering the next time I wear it...and a silver brooch or two to hold it in place so that the stays in place, covering the red blotch.

Yeah - I like their stuff in the photos - but if it shrinks THAT much, they need to tell you to order a size larger...or something.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just saw the previous post about using color remover to turn the outfit white.  How well did the embroidery change color?  Did it turn white also or is it just a slightly different color? 

Because the last time I used color remover on rayon, I noticed that it was NOT what you'd call gentle on the fabric....

I'm also debating overdyeing it (in true Medieval style) to get a much darker color.....

Be aware that dye is transparent, unlike opaque paints, and the colors will mix in true pigment fashion.  If you dye it blue, say, that red blotch won't magically turn blue.  It will now be purple.  Even a red dye might be tricky, unless you go with one that is several shades darker. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5471 on: March 05, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
I was planning on using color remover, checking the results, and THEN deciding what to do....although at the moment, the nearly matching (but with silver threads) shawl makes a great simple veil....

southern girl

« Reply #5472 on: March 06, 2014, 06:45:55 AM »
Just went on Holy Clothing's website and this is a direct quote -- cut and pasted:

"Never settle for less: HolyClothing hand-measures every size of every style to offer their customers Actual Garment Measurements, perfectly detailed and flawlessly accurate."

Notice that they say "flawlessly accurate" in the fitting section.  They also say "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" on their front page, so I would keep trying.  I hope they do right for you.

alkira6

« Reply #5473 on: March 06, 2014, 09:47:48 AM »
Just went on Holy Clothing's website and this is a direct quote -- cut and pasted:

"Never settle for less: HolyClothing hand-measures every size of every style to offer their customers Actual Garment Measurements, perfectly detailed and flawlessly accurate."

Notice that they say "flawlessly accurate" in the fitting section.  They also say "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" on their front page, so I would keep trying.  I hope they do right for you.

I am really not happy with them.  I bought a lovely "gypsy" type top that was a longer length.  Hand washed it in cold water and hung it to dry - my teenage niece now uses it as a long top over leggings.  No help at all when I complained about the extreme shrinkage.

Arila

« Reply #5474 on: March 06, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
We finally decided to replace our old mattress when I couldn't sleep for a week and was waking up sore.

We went to one store, and spent over an hour laying on various mattresses, and taking up the sales lady's time (There was one other couple in the store who was not buying, and initially she split her time, but when we were all alone, she was attentive to us). The next day, we had decided on the one we were going to buy, but since it was going to be a several years' commitment plus quite a bit of money, I felt it would be responsible to shop around for price and "extras".

I stopped into another store, just to make sure that different individual mattresses of the same model still felt as comfortable, and to see what the price difference would be. Well, they did have a policy of beating any price by a set 5%, but a lot of the extras were actually extra. He went to get a calculator so he could tell me exactly how much we were going to save, but after a bit of quick math in my head, I determined that the price difference (considering freebies) was actually ~0.5% of what we would be spending, and frankly I just liked the other sales lady more. I figured if I can negotiate with this guy, I can negotiate with her. I decided not to waste the guy's time any more (I had been there for 5 minutes, I was the only one in the store), and thanked him for his time, but I didn't want to waste it. I said that the deals seemed to be roughly equivalent, and I wanted to honor the hours the other sales person had spent with us. He protested aggressively about why I would want to spend $XXX more than I had to (did not account for freebies), which I didn't respond to, but rather turned toward the door. He threw the calculator onto his desk in disgust. I wasn't particularly afraid, but the abrupt turn in his attitude so strongly turned me off, now every time I pass the store, I think "I'm never shopping THERE again!"

All's well that ends well. I went to the other store, told the sales lady that I was back because I liked her better, but I wondered if she could swing the 5% discount and meet the other guys' offer. She did. Now I have the opposite problem - I can't seem to make myself get out of bed, it's so great. :)