Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 1105597 times)

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #5700 on: April 07, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
The Super 8 Toronto East in Scarborough, Ontario, I JUST finished posting this to Trip Advisor, and wanted to share with you all!

My friend and I spent the weekend at the Super 8, and while the motel was clean and quiet, no bugs, we won't be returning!

We were leaving to go out for the day Saturday, and my friend had commented to the housekeeper that was in the room next to us, about the dirty coffee maker, and the housekeeper asked, do we want our room to be cleaned, so we said yes, we do. We get back from the mall, and when we were getting ready to go out for the evening, she discovers her passport was missing from the folder, on the dresser. Nothing else was missing from there, just the passport! She looked everywhere for it, with no luck, so when we went downstairs to call for a taxi, she mentioned the missing pasport to the desk clerk, who had asked the housekeeper in question about, and she got all defensive, saying she wasn't in the room......then who made the beds, the bed fairy?

My friend had also told the desk clerk that she was worried about identity theft, and how she was going to contact the RCMP, well, suddenly  yesterday morning, with the do not disturb sign out, housekeeping tried to get into the room, didn't even knock, and my friend told her that the sign was out for a reason.

We go to check out this morning, and tell the desk clerk what had happened, and what should magically be in lost and found? The missing passport! Housekeeping must have felt guilty after hearing that she was going to press charges, and tried to sneak it back into our room yesterday, but was thwarted when we were still there.I told my friend to be careful, she could have copied it, and to keep an eye on her credit rating.

This incident left a bad taste in my mouth regarding this hotel , otherwise I would have given it a better rating.

DIdn't use the tiny pool or hot tub or partake in the breakfast, so can't comment on that!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #5701 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:02 PM »
That is grounds for dismissal. Wow.  >:(

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5702 on: April 07, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »
Forget trip advisor, I would call Super 8 corporate, and file an RCMP complaint - passport theft (or even just "borrowing") is a Really Big Deal.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5703 on: April 07, 2014, 09:49:05 PM »
Forget trip advisor, I would call Super 8 corporate, and file an RCMP complaint - passport theft (or even just "borrowing") is a Really Big Deal.

This. I'd still report it even though it came "back" if nothing else, there's a paper trail sowing an incident with the passport

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5704 on: April 08, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »

Absolutely! I might consider filing a police report anyway so that there'd be a paper trail. It's doubtful that this was the first or last time the housekeeper stole.

I can't believe the manager didn't question how the passport ended up in the lost and found. If the story was legit and someone honestly found it in a hallway or something, wouldn't someone at the front desk know about that? Whoever was on duty would have had to accept it. And it would have had a name on it, why didn't someone cross reference guest's names so they could call her ASAP and return it? What if the guest hadn't mentioned it again while checking out, staff was just going to leave a passport in lost and found? I doubt that very much. Someone snuck it into L&F and there's only one reason to do that - they didn't want anyone to know who "found" it!

djinnidjream

« Reply #5705 on: April 08, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »

With all the stories I've read here, I sometimes wonder if bridal shops go out of thir way to hire rude, nasty saleswomen. Or simply dummies who don't grasp the fact that it's about making the customer happy. If you go back to page one on this thread, one of the first stories was a bridal shop saleswoman who could not comprehend that a bride specifically saying "No train!" was not a cue to spend the entire appointment trying to convince bride that she really did want a train.

I think they do.  I got my dress from a local shop- they sold me a dress off the rack for a reasonable price and then there were some alterations that had to be done.  It seemed like every time I went in for a fitting, there was a new charge I had to pay.  One time, they charged me over $100.00 for some reason or another- no warning, and I just didn't have the money right then- I told them that I would take care of it the next time I came in.  I was a few months away from the dress being done so it wasn't like I was going to run off with it or anything.  So a week or two later, I set up a fitting so my sister could see the dress- I had some concerns about how it was fitting.  The owner of the shop stood in the fitting room with the invoice in her hand the entire time I was there and marched up to me with it once we were done.  She made me feel about an inch tall- I even already had my checkbook out to pay before she said anything.  I was very glad to be done with her when the dress was done.  Later on, my co-worker's fiancť told me that she had gone into that same shop (about 6 months after my wedding) to look at jewelry.  The owner hovered over them like they were going to steal something.  They left without buying anything.  I still laugh to myself when I drive past that store and see it went out of business.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #5706 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
I guess I can see a sort of strained logic to: "A wedding dress is an expensive purchase" -> "We are an expensive, high-end shop" -> "We should be particular (snobs) about those who are allowed to buy from us," but I can't imagine it's good for business in many cases. After all, buying a wedding/bridesmaid dress is hardly restricted to one economic class!
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #5707 on: April 08, 2014, 02:54:18 PM »
When I went wedding dress shopping, about two decades ago, I had no clue how to do it, so i literally drove down a shopping street and popped into several stores.  One was all in Spanish.  That was actually kind of fun!

But, the fancy dress shop that was small sizes only and pretty much appointment only, took me in anyway, and held up dresses to me, and explained what shapes and styles would work for me.  And even though I could not afford anything from them, and I think they knew it, it was good practice for both of us. 

They made me less nervous and I was able to find the right dress, that same day, affordably, from a Bridal Warehouse.  I still see the photos and smile! 

Not that I could have sent dozens of brides their way to the boutique shop, or that I got rich quick and was able to buy bridesmaid dresses there,  but, treating each person that walks through the door as a potential and valued customer is the way to run a business.

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Browyn

« Reply #5708 on: April 11, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »
I guess I can see a sort of strained logic to: "A wedding dress is an expensive purchase" -> "We are an expensive, high-end shop" -> "We should be particular (snobs) about those who are allowed to buy from us," but I can't imagine it's good for business in many cases. After all, buying a wedding/bridesmaid dress is hardly restricted to one economic class!

When I first got engaged I went into the David's Bridal (big chain - not high end) near my work to ask for a catalog.  The women at the desk glared at me looking up and down as if what could someone like me (overweight, in my thirties) want from them!  lol

I went into another David's (didn't end up getting my dress there) and they were very nice.

Xandraea

« Reply #5709 on: April 11, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »

When I first got engaged I went into the David's Bridal (big chain - not high end) near my work to ask for a catalog.  The women at the desk glared at me looking up and down as if what could someone like me (overweight, in my thirties) want from them!  lol

I went into another David's (didn't end up getting my dress there) and they were very nice.

When I was engaged several years ago I walked into a David's Bridal and just wanted to look at dresses to get a better idea of what style I was drawn to. I understand needing an appointment to be served by an employee and to try on dresses, but to even look around a bit, the extremely ill-mannered employees demanded my full name, fiancť's full name, our wedding date, and all kinds of other personal information. Being a rather private person, this put me off entirely, and if I find myself planning a wedding in the future, I will NOT be going to David's Bridal.

newbiePA

• Outside the Marinara Zone- our new blog :)
« Reply #5710 on: April 11, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »
It's funny, I was treated very rudely at a lower end bridal shop, despite being well dresses and having an appointment.  I left very quickly, and on a whim, went to the expensive bridal shop in town.  No appointment, and when I told them my budget, they still worked with me.  I got a beautiful silk dress for 500 dollars.  It was a newsmakers sample, made at 3/4 length, so being 5 feet tall really served me well.  It fit perfectly right off the rack.   
Not such a newbie anymore

BarensMom

« Reply #5711 on: April 12, 2014, 12:34:57 AM »
Hertz.  I had a reservation and arrived at their counter just in time to realize that they had no cars available, didn't know when any cars would be available, and didn't give a d**n when any cars would be available.

I ended up renting a car from Enterprise, who sympathized and gave me a discount based upon my plight.

Eeep!

« Reply #5712 on: April 12, 2014, 12:56:18 AM »
Hertz.  I had a reservation and arrived at their counter just in time to realize that they had no cars available, didn't know when any cars would be available, and didn't give a d**n when any cars would be available.

I ended up renting a car from Enterprise, who sympathized and gave me a discount based upon my plight.

But the reservation keeps the car here. Thatís why you have the reservation.
See, you know how to take the reservation, you just donít know how to *hold* the reservation and thatís really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

SadieBaby

« Reply #5713 on: April 12, 2014, 08:03:26 AM »

But the reservation keeps the car here. Thatís why you have the reservation.
See, you know how to take the reservation, you just donít know how to *hold* the reservation and thatís really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Seinfeld!  That's a classic, right there!

Hillia

« Reply #5714 on: April 12, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »
My DS had fun with CenturyLink (internet provider).  He had an appointment 'between 8am and noon' to hook up the internet in his new apartment. 

At 8, he's up and waiting.  At 10, he gets a call from the technician saying he's on his way.  At 2, there's been no technician, so he calls customer service.

First they told him that they technician couldn't gain access to the house.  No, I've been sitting here with the door open, and it's an apartment.
Then they told him that the technician wasn't scheduled for that day.  No, he called and said he was on the way over.
Then they told him that the technician had showed up and talked to someone named Leticia, who told him to come back another day.  No, there's no one here named Leticia.

Finally, they just rescheduled him for the next day, and it did eventually get installed, but seriously?  Pick a story and stick to it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools