A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

You know you've achieved nerdhood when...

(1/189) > >>

White Dragon:
Your coworker sees something on their email and says "What does that mean*?"...

...and you correctly identify as Latin, translate it and offer two possible pronounciations.

Yeah. Nerd. Me.

*the phrase was "bene vale". Nerd points for those that know what it means.

T'Mar of Vulcan:
You impress your coworkers or relatives with your in-depth knowledge of some little-known topic (e.g. what suburbs of Cardiff are called) and they think you're so well-read and knowledgeable...

... but you're just a geek who learned it from your favourite show, which they've never even heard of!

Daffydilly:
When you get the nesting instinct at six months pregnancy, and want to make those cute little painted onesies you read about on ehell. But as you sit at the table with paint, brushes and onesies all over, realize that the normal flowers and little girl designs are really boring. So you pull out several old books for ideas, abstract artists of the early twentieth century, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a book on playing with your color palettes.
I now have a variety of onesies with abstract designs, played with color themes and a design of a book that says in Large, gold letters, "Don't Panic".

Bethalize:
you have several Facebook conversation on the go in hex, binary AND octal encoded ascii.

Animala:

--- Quote from: sefaeria on September 21, 2010, 04:06:06 PM ---When you get the nesting instinct at six months pregnancy, and want to make those cute little painted onesies you read about on ehell. But as you sit at the table with paint, brushes and onesies all over, realize that the normal flowers and little girl designs are really boring. So you pull out several old books for ideas, abstract artists of the early twentieth century, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and a book on playing with your color palettes.
I now have a variety of onesies with abstract designs, played with color themes and a design of a book that says in Large, gold letters, "Don't Panic".

--- End quote ---

That is an awesome idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version