A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

You know you've achieved nerdhood when...

<< < (2/189) > >>

Animala:
You correct the professor's pronunciation of Egyptian god's in class.  That resulted in me being given the passage to read.  It was a teaching reading class.

When you realize all the books you've selected to read for you child's home schooling for the year are sci fi.

Lynnv:

--- Quote from: White Dragon on September 21, 2010, 03:29:24 PM ---Your coworker sees something on their email and says "What does that mean*?"...

...and you correctly identify as Latin, translate it and offer two possible pronounciations.

Yeah. Nerd. Me.

*the phrase was "bene vale". Nerd points for those that know what it means.

--- End quote ---

Something along the lines of "good regards".  Often used as a letter closing.  I will admit, I would have to dig out my old Latin texts to get any closer than that.  And my accent always stunk in any foreign language, so I would not have offered any pronunciations.  :>

But, to up my nerd credentials, I do have a copy of a Latin translation of Winnie the Pooh.  Which is amazingly cool.  We got it when a relative of DH's who taught Latin for about a gazillion years passed away.

Ms_Shell:
When you read all the PP's and think, "Wow, what an interesting topic!  I've gotta Google (insert PP topic here)".  ;D

Dazi:

--- Quote from: White Dragon on September 21, 2010, 03:29:24 PM ---Your coworker sees something on their email and says "What does that mean*?"...

...and you correctly identify as Latin, translate it and offer two possible pronounciations.

Yeah. Nerd. Me.

*the phrase was "bene vale". Nerd points for those that know what it means.

--- End quote ---

Goodbye
All's well
be well/be very well

I think :)

Kimblee:
You mention Ras al Ghul and your father stares at you and says 'well... i guess this means I raised you okay"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version