Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 169321 times)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #690 on: December 25, 2011, 07:47:33 PM »
There are pictures, but I can't upload them from here. I also will have to figure out an online account to upload them to. Disclaimer: our nerdy intent far exceeds our scuptural talents :-)  Except for the volcano -that one is both good *and* nerdy.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #691 on: December 25, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
I received Hermione Granger's illuminated wand and a large red Angry Bird that has sound effects!

DS (13) got an iPod Nano (complete with Latin inscription), fancy earbuds and a bomb speaker. He also got the Zombie Survival Guide book and Photoshop 10.

CuriousParty

« Reply #692 on: December 25, 2011, 10:43:09 PM »
Part of the conversation today included the following tidbit regarding our daughter's Inflatable Solar System:(which thank all and any deities came with a pump):

DH: Look, DD, here is how the moon revolves around the Earth.

Me: Sweetie, that's Pluto (which was included, along with 8 planets, the moon and the sun).

DH:  Well they look kind of the same!

helixa

« Reply #693 on: December 26, 2011, 04:48:24 AM »
Still reading the thread, but came up with one yesterday. I was asked what type of phone we had and trying to remember said "unicode" before DH laughed and reminded me it was uniden.
But the next upgrade to a major database at work will cope with unicode characters so it was on my mind  ;D

We also put lots of small Studio Ghibli movie figures on our Christmas tree this year!

Jess13

« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »
I just took the nerd test at nerdtest.com and scored as a Supreme Nerd.

it's nerdtests.com FYI and I just scored as High-Level Nerd. I'm surprised I'm that nerdy. LOL

Nikko-chan

« Reply #695 on: December 30, 2011, 02:31:11 AM »
I'm a nerd wannabe. It almost made me cry.

faithlessone

« Reply #696 on: December 30, 2011, 04:37:28 AM »
I got 87% - High-Level Nerd. You are definitely MIT material, apply now!!!

;D

kethria

• عاشق, ولهان
« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2011, 11:07:08 PM »
When your daughter's bath toys include 13 rubber duckies, a Ferengi, a Klingon, a Romulan and a Borg action figure.

While getting her ready for bed your husband holds her down and says "Resistance is futile, you will be pajaminated"

One of her board books is "The Star Trek Book of Opposites"

ETA: and when you post this your DH says "Not just ANY GENERIC Klingon, she has Gowron!"

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:08:43 PM by kethria »

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #698 on: January 01, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
While getting her ready for bed your husband holds her down and says "Resistance is futile, you will be pajaminated"

That is hysterical!
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #699 on: January 02, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
My mother has imposed a rule on my nerdy family: books cannot be read during the Christmas gift exchange. You can read the back, flip a couple of pages, ask the giver about it but then it must be put down so other presents can be opened. This rule came into effect the year she found herself surrounded by people reading and unopened presents. SHe has also subtly manipulated the gift pile so that books come last.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #700 on: January 02, 2012, 11:32:19 AM »
My mother has imposed a rule on my nerdy family: books cannot be read during the Christmas gift exchange. You can read the back, flip a couple of pages, ask the giver about it but then it must be put down so other presents can be opened. This rule came into effect the year she found herself surrounded by people reading and unopened presents. SHe has also subtly manipulated the gift pile so that books come last.

A wise and understanding woman is your mother.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #701 on: January 02, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »

Hee! The book reading person would be me. I would totally forget about all other gifts after I saw the book. My brain would be like "Book! Must read. Now!"

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #702 on: January 03, 2012, 12:06:19 AM »

Hee! The book reading person would be me. I would totally forget about all other gifts after I saw the book. My brain would be like "Book! Must read. Now!"

In my family, it is I, my BF, my sister, my father...

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #703 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:33 PM »

A wise and understanding woman is your mother.

*yoda voice*

A wise and understanding woman your mother is

Arizona

StressedGroom

• Mr. Goblue2539
« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »
When your daughter's bath toys include 13 rubber duckies, a Ferengi, a Klingon, a Romulan and a Borg action figure.

One of her board books is "The Star Trek Book of Opposites"

ETA: and when you post this your DH says "Not just ANY GENERIC Klingon, she has Gowron!"

That was on my Amazon wishlist for Christmas, didn't get it :(