Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 138094 times)

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:18 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Now I just need a coffee table.  ;)
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
Thinkgeek.com http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/mugs/b928/ Out of stock for now, but they'll email you when they're back.

They are beautiful  ;D.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

JoW

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »
When you name your pets after Star Trek characters.  And you have to tell your vet how to spell and pronounce the names.

Kitty Nerys lives at my house.  So does Dax (another cat). 

snowfire

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2010, 10:48:20 PM »
I had Tasha Yar (lovely tortie) and Deanna Troi (fluffy tortie & white) for many years.  Tasha was about 22 and Deanna was 14 when they went to the Bridge.  I frequently joked that if I had known more about her personality I would have named Dee K'heylar.  She really did have a Klingon spirit & attitude!

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
When no one watches movies that are based on popular book series (Harry Potter) with you because you yell "That wasn't in the book!!" at the T.V.

When the only time you were ever popular in Middle School and High School was when they played Trivial Pursuit as review. People would argue whose team you were going to be on.

When you are banned from watching LotR because you are constantly repeating the lines.

When your SW-fan son bans you from watching SW III-Revenge of the Sith because you make fun of Anikin the whole time.

ginlyn
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Shea

« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2010, 05:14:44 PM »
When no one watches movies that are based on popular book series (Harry Potter) with you because you yell "That wasn't in the book!!" at the T.V.

When the only time you were ever popular in Middle School and High School was when they played Trivial Pursuit as review. People would argue whose team you were going to be on.

When you are banned from watching LotR because you are constantly repeating the lines.

When your SW-fan son bans you from watching SW III-Revenge of the Sith because you make fun of Anikin the whole time.

ginlyn

You mean that wasn't the entire point of that movie? Because mocking Anakin is the best part!

I also do every one of those things you just mentioned (except I was on the Brain Bowl team, which may propel me to yet another level of nerdiness, especially if I reveal that I was team captain for several years).

Also, when your friends will only watch historical epics with you because you spend the whole time ranting about historical inaccuracies. Never, ever watch Braveheart with me unless you know what you're in for.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »

ginlyn

You mean that wasn't the entire point of that movie? Because mocking Anakin is the best part!

I also do every one of those things you just mentioned (except I was on the Brain Bowl team, which may propel me to yet another level of nerdiness, especially if I reveal that I was team captain for several years).

Also, when your friends will only watch historical epics with you because you spend the whole time ranting about historical inaccuracies. Never, ever watch Braveheart with me unless you know what you're in for.

I want to watch Star Wars and Braveheart with you girls!

Shea

« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

ginlyn

Well, if either of you are ever in Montreal, make sure to let me know and we'll have a party :-*.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

kitty-cat

« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2010, 07:47:53 PM »

ginlyn

Hi Me! My senior year public speaking class was like that. The only time more than like 2 people talked to me was when we played TP. And then it was still me vs the other 3 teams for the most part.... (and then teacher brought in the genius edition one day..)

NE Florida

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »

ginlyn

Have you ever heard of Darths and Droids, by any chance? Google it if not, I think you may find it amusing. :D

...when you read Irregular Webcomic for the footnotes about quantum physics as much as for the storyline.
...when you study chemistry in your free time.
...when the in-jokes between you and your DH include "Why a spoon? It's DULL you TWIT, it'll hurt more!" and "Noooooo Potato-Domo!"
...when your Animal Crossing house is not complete until you have the phone booth, just in case it's really a TARDIS.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »

ginlyn

Well, if either of you are ever in Montreal, make sure to let me know and we'll have a party :-*.

:D

Sounds like a plan...

Oh...one on my SW-fan son....When you have both trilogies on DVD and STILL watch the movies whenever they are on T.V. (usually Spike)

ginlyn
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2010, 07:36:55 PM »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

kitty-cat

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
I came across this and thought of y'all....  http://notalwaysright.com/these-are-not-the-coins-you-are-looking-for/7369

You know you've achived nerdhood when you know exactly what not always right story that is WITHOUT clicking on the link :P ::)

NE Florida

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »
...you know what TARDIS stands for!!

...you have a sonic screwdriver app on you Droid phone.

...your son has memorized alogorithms to solve the Rubik's cube, and teaches them to others (or bores them to sleep.)

...said son also got excited seeing a banner ad for "lasers" and asked if we could get one.  I laughed and explained that it was for laser hair removal--did he really hate shaving peach fuzz that much already?
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Lynnv

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2010, 12:29:02 AM »

...you know what TARDIS stands for!!

...and have since sometime in the early 70s.  :>

Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein