Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 98606 times)

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2010, 01:04:32 AM »
...you know what TARDIS stands for!!
...and have since sometime in the early 70s.  :>

And knew before you'd even seen one episode of Dr Who!  :D

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Fliss

• Australia - the land that time forgot.
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2010, 02:07:08 AM »

.......when you take your Bajoran tricorder to work on graveyard shift on halloween, and tell everyone who tries the 'trick or treat' rubbish that you're only giving away stuff to real monsters who scan properly. Everyone else pays.

Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Daffydilly

• Live;) Laugh;( Pretend you're sane :-}
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »
You watch the latest Star Trek movie and point out the easily correctable errors to yourself. Like when they have Spock as a child get into a fight and you notice the red veins in his ears afterwards, even though he has a cut lip with green blood running down it. And you start a mental list of what is accurate and inaccurate every time you see the movie.

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2010, 04:21:55 AM »
You watch the latest Star Trek movie and point out the easily correctable errors to yourself. Like when they have Spock as a child get into a fight and you notice the red veins in his ears afterwards, even though he has a cut lip with green blood running down it. And you start a mental list of what is accurate and inaccurate every time you see the movie.

Honey, that way lies madness and death!  ;D

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Shea

« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »
When you're watching (for probably the 5th time) an episode of Firefly in which Mal has to break into a room, and for just a nanosecond, you expect him to pull out a sonic screwdriver.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Lynnv

« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »
When you're watching (for probably the 5th time) an episode of Firefly in which Mal has to break into a room, and for just a nanosecond, you expect him to pull out a sonic screwdriver.

When you watch The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (fun to watch Tom Baker as a baddie) and expect Houra to pull out a sonic screwdriver and/or a bag of jellybabies.   I am not sure if that is less geeky (since Tom Baker actually WAS the Doctor) or more geeky (since I only watched the film to see Tom Baker).  :>
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Kaymyth

« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2010, 03:24:23 PM »

When you watch The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (fun to watch Tom Baker as a baddie) and expect Houra to pull out a sonic screwdriver and/or a bag of jellybabies.   I am not sure if that is less geeky (since Tom Baker actually WAS the Doctor) or more geeky (since I only watched the film to see Tom Baker).  :>

Or when, as a high school junior in world history, your teacher has you all watch a movie about Rasputin starring Tom Baker, and you gasp, "Hey!  That's the Doctor!"  ....and the rest of the class just looks at you funny.

Micah

« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »
When your car has a Decepticon car badge.

And when you discover Doctor Who for the first time as an adult and watch every season from Eccleston onwards in a matter of weeks.
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."

MizB

« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2010, 01:42:30 AM »
When you shout an explanation of the differences between the Ionian and Draconian scales at the tv when characters are asked.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

kitty-cat

« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »
When, instead of blasting pop music when driving with windows down (my ac is currently broken... real fun on the interstate....)

You are jamming out to Broadway CD's...

NE Florida

Lynnv

« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »

Or when, as a high school junior in world history, your teacher has you all watch a movie about Rasputin starring Tom Baker, and you gasp, "Hey!  That's the Doctor!"  ....and the rest of the class just looks at you funny.

I am glad to say that at least one person in my class DIDN'T look at me funny when I did that.  Then again, we watched Dr. Who together a lot of the time.  :> 

Even our friends thought we were weird and geeky (and we weren't even part of the D&D set or anything). 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

WhiteTigerCub

« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »
When, instead of blasting pop music when driving with windows down (my ac is currently broken just because.......)

You are jamming out to Broadway CD's... Joseph and the Amazing Techinicolor Dreamcoat, and know from the sound of it, if it's the play version or movie version.

Fixed :)

Arizona

kitty-cat

« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »
When, instead of blasting pop music when driving with windows down (my ac is currently broken just because.......)

You are jamming out to Broadway CD's... Joseph and the Amazing Techinicolor Dreamcoat, and know from the sound of it, if it's the play version or movie version.

LOL. TBH, as soon as I remember to, I will be jamming to the soundtrack of Wicked. I burned a copy of it from iTunes and the CD is still in my comp.

And it's on a green CD. (okay, that was accident, I have a stack of colored ones-yellow, pink, green, and blue. I just grabbed a green one.)

NE Florida

Shea

« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »

How about when you have, count 'em, four different recordings of "Les Misérables": Original French Concept Album, Original Broadway Cast, 10th Anniversary Concert, and the Paris Revival?

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

CG

« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »

How about when you have, count 'em, four different recordings of "Les Misérables": Original French Concept Album, Original Broadway Cast, 10th Anniversary Concert, and the Paris Revival?

I used to have parts of it in German and Russian as well.  ;)