Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 103082 times)

mandycorn

Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #735 on: April 05, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »
... you know who all the people in The Bloggess's book video are!

http://thebloggess.com/2012/04/and-then-this-piece-of-fried-gold-happened/
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #736 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »
... you know who all the people in The Bloggess's book video are!

http://thebloggess.com/2012/04/and-then-this-piece-of-fried-gold-happened/

And an extra gold star if you knew them all without the names in the corner ;).

To be fair, I didn't know who one of them was, and I wouldn't have known who the first one was without her name (CRUD MONKEYS!! It's Punky Brewster!)

bluhairfreak

« Reply #737 on: April 06, 2012, 11:17:35 PM »
You just bought your ticket for this http://drafthouse.com/movies/avengers_marathon/houston  ^_^

faithlessone

« Reply #738 on: April 07, 2012, 08:11:18 AM »
You just bought your ticket for this http://drafthouse.com/movies/avengers_marathon/houston  ^_^

*squeaks*

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN. Sorry. *is very jealous*

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #739 on: April 07, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »
You watch the latest episode of CSI NY and wonder how some gamer guy hacked an X-Box game using HTML code!

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

lilfox

« Reply #740 on: April 09, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »
This is probably entry-level nerdhood for some of you but:

You catch a 5 min snip of "The Big Bang Theory" and understand all of the chemical and computer-based references in the dialogue that is supposed to be uber-geeky.

(The one where Sheldon is helping Penny improve her flower pin assembly process, and the guys come in and discuss how to solve both the materials adhesion and e-commerce issues in parallel)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #741 on: April 09, 2012, 07:33:23 PM »
You look at your colonoscopy photos, nice and smooth and well-vascularized, and realize it looks like Lady Cassandra.

okay i totally laughed at this one. And i feel like I earned an eensy bit of nerdiness for knowing who Lady Cassandra is.

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
« Reply #742 on: April 12, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
I hurt my knee last week. I was having trouble getting around the day after I injured it, so DH picked me up off the couch and carried me to bed that night. After he set me down on the bed, he grunted "Hodor" and wandered back out of the room.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #743 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
When your conversation with a co-worker includes the lines: "You mean a Balrog." I got called a level ten nerd for that one. Funny, I figured knowing what the "big fiery whip thing" was in LotR was level one nerd.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #744 on: April 13, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
When your conversation with a co-worker includes the lines: "You mean a Balrog." I got called a level ten nerd for that one. Funny, I figured knowing what the "big fiery whip thing" was in LotR was level one nerd.

Hanging out with nerds, you quickly lose sight of what is normal and what is nerd.

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #745 on: April 14, 2012, 07:03:01 PM »

Poor DH is very disappointed. I had to stop him from buying our tickets because he will be busy the evening of May 3. He has to go to a family graduation...it's HIS. And he has family coming in from out of town. We have been talking about this, and looking forward to the graduation for the past year. It's all he talks about between muttering under his breath at his final projects, and job hunting. He has been working towards this for the past 5 years.

He completely forgot about it in favor of a marvel movie marathon  ::)
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

bluhairfreak

« Reply #746 on: April 19, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »
You're taking the review quiz on some work training(new product being piloted) and you have to giggle when you see the names* used in the questions.  Funnier when you realize the situation described in the question would NEVER apply to the character in question.

*Tim Drake, and Martha Wayne

Nikko-chan

« Reply #747 on: April 19, 2012, 07:38:34 PM »
You're taking the review quiz on some work training(new product being piloted) and you have to giggle when you see the names* used in the questions.  Funnier when you realize the situation described in the question would NEVER apply to the character in question.

Tim was the third robin right? And Martha was Bruce's mom.

bluhairfreak

« Reply #748 on: April 19, 2012, 07:46:52 PM »

Tim was the third robin right? And Martha was Bruce's mom.

Yep.  The image of Tim being worried about a monthly service for a new account product was slightly amusing to me.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #749 on: April 22, 2012, 04:04:09 PM »
You look at the prices on a new computer and decide to buy & install more RAM, a better optical drive (add writing to DVD to the capabilities of the laptop), and a larger hard drive yourself............then download the cloning software and "just do it" yourself instead of taking it elsewhere and PAYING someone to do it.

I've actually maxed out the RAM in several computers (one desktop and three or four laptops) that I then sold to get the ONE laptop (the one to rule them all - because it would go up to 8gbs of RAM and could have an N-class wifi card & Bluetooth card added as well as the other stuff).

And VorGuy hands over his new laptop to have me "clean" the various annoying programs off it, add the better (free) malware software (over what it came with), set it up with our wifi (16 characters in the WPA2 security code), and do the registration, set up, and update everything for the first time thing - when he was the one who used to do that back in the 1980s!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?