News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 20, 2018, 03:11:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 296369 times)

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #750 on: May 25, 2012, 01:03:01 PM »
lady_disdain, what podcast is that? It sounds fascinating!
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #751 on: May 25, 2012, 05:40:05 PM »
I missed entering Thinkgeek's Geek Pride Day contest because my computer is slow and wouldn't load. I have failed at nerdliness!! :-[ :(
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Sanity Lost

Reika

« Reply #753 on: May 25, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »

hobish

• Release the gelfling!
« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
I missed entering Thinkgeek's Geek Pride Day contest because my computer is slow and wouldn't load. I have failed at nerdliness!! :-[ :(

I missed it, too. I forgot it was Geek Pride Day until my bro texted me to not forget my towel.  :-[ The shame, i will share it with you.
I wore an Albert Einstein t-shirt to work today in celebration, and i talked to someone new because she was wearing a super cool quidditch shirt.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

lady_disdain

• Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #755 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
lady_disdain, what podcast is that? It sounds fascinating!

Here you go: http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/

Sanity Lost

« Reply #756 on: May 28, 2012, 11:59:20 PM »
this also makes sense to you :D
http://dailyfailcenter.com/2061

Carotte

« Reply #757 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
You encode your "kiss and good night" in base 64 in the mail for your boyfriend.

vorbau

• walking around naked doesn't make you an emperor
« Reply #758 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:45 AM »
You create a plan in MS Project for your summer's gardening, complete with materials specs, work breakdown structure, and deliverable dates.
Let's roll. (And you can't scare me; I've had teenagers.)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #759 on: June 05, 2012, 10:20:10 AM »
You buy tickets to the ST:TNG 25th anniversary showing of Ep. 106 “Where No One Has Gone Before” and Ep. 114 “Datalore” digitally remastered for the big screen. I am so excited. Date night!
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

EngineerChick

« Reply #760 on: June 05, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
You create a plan in MS Project for your summer's gardening, complete with materials specs, work breakdown structure, and deliverable dates.

This is awesome.  I would hope that when I have a house with a garden, I am this organized and good at planning ahead.

Do you update on a yearly basis and track performance from year to year?
Talk nerdy to me.

Lynnv

« Reply #761 on: June 05, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
It is cloudy where you live, so you drive 4 hours west so that you don't miss the transit of Venus.  We also drove to NM to see the eclipse. :)
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

vorbau

« Reply #762 on: June 06, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »

This is awesome.  I would hope that when I have a house with a garden, I am this organized and good at planning ahead.

Do you update on a yearly basis and track performance from year to year?

Absolutely. Including which plants from which sources performed at or exceeding expectations, and which did not. And whether or not DH stayed on time and under budget in his bricklaying.

vorbau

« Reply #763 on: June 06, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
Upon reading of the death of Ray Bradbury at 91 late last evening, you drape your office door in black crepe (actually the black headscarf I keep in my work handbag).

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #764 on: June 11, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »
I was laughing so hard at work when I read this. My co-workers are thinking I am crazy(er).

Good Afternoon,

As you already know our dear friend Assessment Page passed away sometime around 10:00-11:00pm last night. Given the time frame we can only assume he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had it coming. It's a classic case of "Who Done It?", and personally speaking it appears the work of a level 18 Paladin with Casting Spell. Or giant shapeshifting lizard on a quest to destroy our reputation because we were doing "too well" in this class. Either way, the Great Knight of Unthinkable Awesomeness AKA Me, has contacted Tech Services. It would seem the Casting Spell or Giant Lizard Tail Whip was beyond their Smithing Capabilities. They have sent the error reports to the highest ranking leaders, the Blackboard’s. Who know’s what they will do when they get word of a Level 18 Paladin or Shapeshifting Lizard in UCF’s FTP, as Kayne West might say “That is Cray Cray”. When Blackboard’s Mail Horse delivers their message of Active Service, I’ll let you know. Until then beware of Giant Lizards and or Paladins.

Sincerely,

-Great Knight of Unthinkable Awesomeness
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien