Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 95997 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #810 on: July 18, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »
When you are planning the t-shirt you are going to wear to the ST:TNG big screen event next week. I can't wait to get my geek on!

greencat

« Reply #811 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:07 PM »
You go on a date with a guy and consider the fact that he has a Star Wars box set and the Fifth Element DVD, amongst others, in the back seat of his car attractive :)

Stormtreader

« Reply #812 on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »
When, since watching The Fifth Element, you now point at the screen and say "dot" when someone asks you to help find something.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #813 on: July 24, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »
So, last night was the night of the ST:TNG on the big screen. It was raining and traffic was awful. I hadn't been to that particular theatre in some time, and went to the "Dine In Movie" side, which was not at all where we were supposed to be. Get around the other side, finally get our pre-paid tickets picked up, and I was  >:( since we were 20 minutes late. Get into the theatre and all was roses and sunshine. It was totally worth the ticket price and the behind the scenes bits/cast reunion was amazing. Had a fan-girl moment!

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2012, 09:15:16 AM »
Did you notice at the end of Datalore that Brent Spiner slipped and said "I'm" instead of "I am"?  >:D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #815 on: July 24, 2012, 10:32:22 AM »
^^ Yes! I also determined that I can pick out Lore v Data all of the time, due to the facial expressions and body language. I want to buy the blu-ray sets so bad, but I can't let myself since I already have the entire series on dvd as well as the movies!

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #816 on: December 12, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
I was perusing old threads and even with the warning about no one's posting for 120 days, I needed to do this:

http://www.wimp.com/greatestcommercial/
"Live long and sleep"

(I apologize in advance for the groan-worthiness)

For more nerdom,
when you tell your HS son that if he exempts three classes mid-terms, by having a 95 or better, then he can go to the midnight premiere of The Hobbit. 
(less study time, less sleep, but fewer mid-terms to take next week so less stress!)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #817 on: December 12, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »
DS was informed that he and DH would be accompanying myself to the Hobbit on Saturday. I can't wait!

wendelenn

« Reply #818 on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
I was perusing old threads and even with the warning about no one's posting for 120 days, I needed to do this:

http://www.wimp.com/greatestcommercial/
"Live long and sleep"

(I apologize in advance for the groan-worthiness)

For more nerdom,
when you tell your HS son that if he exempts three classes mid-terms, by having a 95 or better, then he can go to the midnight premiere of The Hobbit. 
(less study time, less sleep, but fewer mid-terms to take next week so less stress!)

Did he succeed? :)
"I don't mean to be rude", he began, in a tone that threatened rudeness in every syllable.

"--yet sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often," Dumbledore finished the sentence gravely.  "Best to say nothing at all."

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #819 on: December 13, 2012, 10:11:26 PM »
Actually, yes!  But his friends changed it to Friday afternoon because not all had parents willing to do midnight.  Plus, a club several of them are in did a service project at 5am this morning, feeding breakfast to the homeless.
So, he is resting peacefully in the knowledge that he has a ticket, all A's, hairy hobbit feet and/or elf ears.
The only thing missing is a meal planned at that chain restaurant with the movie tie-in promo. :)
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #820 on: December 29, 2012, 05:35:54 AM »
The single brand-new item in your collection of baby clothes for Baby Incoming (due in April, everything else is either hand-me-downs or from thrift shops) is this one.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/6c71/

Husband wants his own Version 1.0 shirt but they're currently out of stock!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #821 on: December 29, 2012, 11:43:04 AM »
The single brand-new item in your collection of baby clothes for Baby Incoming (due in April, everything else is either hand-me-downs or from thrift shops) is this one.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/6c71/

Husband wants his own Version 1.0 shirt but they're currently out of stock!

Be sure to check out the "Player 1" and "Player 2" adult/infant shirt set.

greencat

« Reply #822 on: December 29, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
I made a fellow nerd's day today by complimenting her Carbonite Han Solo cellphone cover - unbeknownst to me, her entire family had apparently failed to identify it and had been making comments about it being creepy all morning.

Shea

« Reply #823 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »
When as part of your preparations for adopting a cat, you make lists of potential names, and they are all such things as Arya, Nienna, Kaylee, Atticus, Rory, Horatio, and Malcolm. Because your nerdiness is not only deep, it is also wide-ranging!

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #824 on: January 02, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »
When as part of your preparations for adopting a cat, you make lists of potential names, and they are all such things as Arya, Nienna, Kaylee, Atticus, Rory, Horatio, and Malcolm. Because your nerdiness is not only deep, it is also wide-ranging!

Well, almost all medical advice agrees that variety in the diet is healthy. I'd presume that applies to nerdery consumption as well.

Sidenote - I learn toward people names for my kitties too, but I'd never thought of Atticus. That'd be great for a cat!
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning