Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 96787 times)

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #840 on: January 08, 2013, 03:36:42 PM »
Easiest way to remember is the landing sound has the thump in it and the takeoff doesn't.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #841 on: January 08, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »
your friends, knowing you quilt, start sending you pictures of ones picturing the TARDIS, Star Wars, Star Trek, and anything involving Typography, thinking you absolutely must make them.

(To be fair, I am making a TARDIS one, albeit a bit abstractly. Someday. It is my protection for when Iím sleeping. Gotta close my eyes sometime.)

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #842 on: January 08, 2013, 08:35:25 PM »
What would happen if someone sent you a quilt with Weeping Angels all over it?  >:D

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #843 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:19 PM »
Angel cookie cutter + frosted angel cookies + silvery-gray sprinkles = weeping angel cookies.   ;D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #844 on: January 08, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
What would happen if someone sent you a quilt with Weeping Angels all over it?  >:D

:o

You are eeeeevil...

greencat

« Reply #845 on: January 08, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »

You are eeeeevil...

I don't think I'd ever sleep again - after all, any image of a Weeping Angel becomes a Weeping Angel!

Shea

« Reply #846 on: January 09, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »
Angel cookie cutter + frosted angel cookies + silvery-gray sprinkles = weeping angel cookies.   ;D

Oh man, why didn't I think of that for my Christmas party last month?!

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #847 on: January 09, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

You are eeeeevil...

You may be evil, but I like how you think. A good gift for an enemy, perhaps? Or for someone who incessantly asks me to "just whip them up" a quilt?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #848 on: January 09, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »
You're packing for a move, and you hit your first instance of "Honey, where's X? I  need it."

"I packed it. Don't know which box."

And it's your Groucho glasses.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #849 on: January 09, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »
You're packing for a move, and you hit your first instance of "Honey, where's X? I  need it."

"I packed it. Don't know which box."

And it's your Groucho glasses.

CRUD MONKEYS!. And I thought I was a nerd when the thing I couldn't find was the extension cord that fits my Apple devices....

Syfygeek

« Reply #850 on: January 09, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »

This creeps me out in so many ways.  But I'm going to make some.  I wonder how well I can make them stand up?  And move them when nobody's looking?
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Nikko-chan

« Reply #851 on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
CRUD MONKEYS! I absolutely love you guys. Also: you know you have achieved nerdhood when: you hold a special place in your heart for TV series that have been off the air for up to 15ish years. Shows like:

Highlander:The Series
The Sentinel
Mutant X
Blood Ties (this is my most recent obsession... starting in like 2007 I think :))

You are also a nerd (or geek) when you write fanfic for one or more of the above shows.

Last but most certainly not least:

"Bananas are good!"

"Blimey Jeff, get a girlfriend!"

"Sweet, maybe... Passionate, I suppose... But don't ever mistake that for nice."

Name that Doctor!!!!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #852 on: January 09, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »

This creeps me out in so many ways.  But I'm going to make some.  I wonder how well I can make them stand up?  And move them when nobody's looking?

There are enough nerds in my office that I really might have to try this.  I wonder if I can tint icing grey - a little bit of black would probably do it.  And then get some sprinkles.  If I get a big enough cookie cutter, I could even pipe on scary faces.  Hmmmm.....
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #853 on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:16 PM »
When you're standing in line at a signing for the Wheel of Time series, and you get involved with two other people in a discussion as to which Robert Heinlein book is better. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #854 on: January 09, 2013, 04:43:11 PM »

If you are making cookies that are similar to thin gingerbread or sugar cookies, you can make them stand quite easily. It is similar to a stand for paper crafts. cut a slit in the bottom of your unbaked angel cookie, and make a cookie stand with a similar slit. Then put them together when they are baked and enjoy the screams of horror.

(My apologies for the awful pics - I cannot find what I want on the web for some reason.)
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.