Author Topic: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...  (Read 169354 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: You know you've achieved nerdhood when...
« Reply #885 on: April 28, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »
You speak Elvish or Klingon well enough to communicate at Cons with people attending from other countries.....

Sadly, languages are not my forte, so I am not that nerdy.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #886 on: April 28, 2013, 03:16:14 PM »
I knew I'd achieved nerdhood when I started watching the original Japanese Power Rangers and liked them.

I'm hopeless.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #887 on: April 28, 2013, 05:57:08 PM »
I knew I'd achieved nerdhood when I started watching the original Japanese Power Rangers and liked them.

I'm hopeless.

It's a testament to my own nerdiness that I just went "Japanese Power Rangers??!? AAHHH!!" Found them on YouTube. They are really something. I think I still prefer the other ones though.

(It is a testament to my age that I actually have some shows and the Power Rangers Movie on VHS.  :-[ ::) )
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #888 on: April 28, 2013, 09:26:57 PM »
DH and DS were watching LOTR: The Two Towers while DH was playing Mass Effect 2. I was upstairs and heard swordplay and horse hooves interspersed with gunfire, it was a little odd.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #889 on: April 28, 2013, 09:53:10 PM »
Getting a hairstyle based on a character from a beloved series.  Especially when it's not a major character in the books or movies but you just like the character.

For me it's Tonks from Harry Potter. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

blue2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #890 on: April 28, 2013, 10:57:13 PM »
Tonks has nice hair. :)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #891 on: April 28, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »
Tonks has nice hair. :)

I agree! :)  I even colored it with a dark magenta coloring kit so it turned out looking dark purple, but the dye I used (Garnier) didn't take on all of my hair.  Dh says it looks intentional so that's good! LOL!

But I really like the cut.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #892 on: April 28, 2013, 11:44:03 PM »

I'm hopeless.

It's a testament to my own nerdiness that I just went "Japanese Power Rangers??!? AAHHH!!" Found them on YouTube. They are really something. I think I still prefer the other ones though.

(It is a testament to my age that I actually have some shows and the Power Rangers Movie on VHS.  :-[ ::) )

There are actually a number of Japanese Power Ranger series because each year is a totally new concept and team.  Go to gooddrama.net and check out Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (Power Rangers Samurai) to see my personal favorite.  Even better are the various Kamen Rider series.

greencat

« Reply #893 on: April 29, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »
I saw a shirt on a mannequin in a shop window.  It was a pale gold color, with big gold "pearls" studded in lines running up and down it.  My first thought wasn't, "what a pretty shirt," it was "DALEK!!!"

Pen^2

« Reply #894 on: April 29, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »
I have a maroon and black top ala Captain Picard. DH just thinks it's a normal top and still doesn't understand why some people act a little odd when they see me in it. :P

Hey, it's not my fault he refuses to watch any star trek other than the most recent movie!

blue2000

• Super Hero!
« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2013, 01:03:32 AM »

I'm hopeless.

There are actually a number of Japanese Power Ranger series because each year is a totally new concept and team.  Go to gooddrama.net and check out Samurai Sentai Shinkenger (Power Rangers Samurai) to see my personal favorite.  Even better are the various Kamen Rider series.

Thank you for taking all my free time in the next week. ;D Those are better than the YouTube ones!

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2013, 04:41:05 AM »
You name your firstborn after an obscure character from a beloved sci-fi TV series.

Baby Jolinar has had approximately 2% recognition of the origin of her name.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2013, 06:38:13 AM »
You name your firstborn after an obscure character from a beloved sci-fi TV series.

Baby Jolinar has had approximately 2% recognition of the origin of her name.

You know you've achieved nerdhood when you get the above reference. It's from SG-1.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #898 on: April 29, 2013, 07:24:08 AM »
If I'd had twin boys I would have named them Fred and George. :)

greencat

« Reply #899 on: April 29, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »
I fully anticipate having to argue with my as-yet-unfound future husband over which fandom we're giving our children names from.

Also, when you go to a party, and the pick-up lines go more like "what's your alignment?" than "what's your sign?"