Author Topic: Spin off of taking Christmas decortions down- When do you put them up  (Read 3575 times)

momof2bratz

Re: Spin off of taking Christmas decortions down- When do you put them up
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
Shoo, that's so sweet of you!

My birthday is December 27. Mama Isabella used to bust all sorts of hiney to take Christmas stuff down on the 26th so my birthday wouldn't be Christmas Afterthought.

Now that I'm grown, I leave my lights up until January. I love Christmas lights.
DS (9) birthday is also 27th, I shall tell him he is in very good company lol.

Athos_000

• Cats.... The Perfect Protein?
    • kbaumanart.com
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2010, 05:11:36 PM »
I was just having a discussion with Mr. A the other day about how excited I am to put my tree up... I can hardly wait until Thanksgiving. He asked me why I would bother since we won't even be here on Christmas. I tried to explain to him that I prefer to celebrate the entire season, not just one day. He didn't buy it.. says I am a "Christmas Crack-Head"...nevertheless.. my tree will go up on Thanksgiving lol!

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2010, 09:25:26 PM »
I'm never home on Christmas.  I always go to my parents' house no later than Christmas Eve and stay through Boxing Day at least.  But I still always have a tree up.  The whole point is having it to celebrate the whole season!

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 10:24:19 AM »
My 13-year-old rarely gets excited about anything these days, save for her latest crush.  But she keeps begging me to put up the tree early.  Now, I'm not interested in having a Christmas tree in my family room in October.  But I may dig out my old artificial tree from my apartment days and set it up in the basement, so she can get a Christmas fix now.  We have so many ornaments that we can easily cover both trees.

Pinky830

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 09:28:36 PM »
I do what my mom always did. The wreath goes on the door right after Thanksgiving. The various knickknacks around the house appear gradually over the next week or so. The Nativity scene is one of the later ones. Then we don't put up the tree until a week or so before Christmas.

(We delayed putting up the tree when I was a kid because we had real trees, and our house was an old firetrap, so we were always worried about it drying out. That's not such an issue now, but I'm just not used to having the tree up too long before Christmas.)