Author Topic: I've rubbed off on the kids a little too well  (Read 2041 times)

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
I've rubbed off on the kids a little too well
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
well I ran into the 12 year old girl today (Leather Lady's daughter)

she is staying with her Grandmother for the weekend

I asked where her brother was ---

In a cage in the closet......a very SMALL cage....

THAT'S my girl !   Giggle

surprised me that she didn't say in a pumpkin -- we are having a fest in town with BIG pumpkins -- winner this year 1569 Pounds.

and we are baking a giant pie - 20 foot across and about 3700 pounds of pie.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

kitty-cat

Re: I've rubbed off on the kids a little too well
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »
Tee-hee. I once dared my brother that there was no way he could fit in the dog crate in the computer room.

I lost the bet, but I had pics :P (no idea where in cyberspace they are now though)

Found it!

That is my brother, in 9th grade inside of a medium sized dog crate. And yes, it is locked shut- it was the only way to get the pic :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:40:06 PM by kitty-cat »

NE Florida

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:46:38 PM »
And you let him out?  :o  There were times I wished I could have locked my brother in a dog crate!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
When my brother was 9 and I was 12, he read a book on Houdini.  Very soon after that, my mother left me in charge of him while she took my sister somewhere.  Bro said that he could get out of any knot (a la Houdini), so I tied him to the stair railing with a jump rope.

When my mom got home 2 hours later, she found my brother, still tied to the stairs and crying, and me sitting at the top of the stairs "babysitting."

I got in SO much trouble.  Oh, but it was worth it (and he was fine).

kitty_kats mom

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »
and if your brother EVER finds out you posted this picture on the internet.....you will DIE!!!  But it was hysterical - they even re-created it when I got home from work - the only catch...he made me stand between his "loving" sister and the crate!!
also - now, as a college freshman, "little" brother is 6 feet tall but still has a body of a cross country runner......
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:57:45 PM by kitty_kats mom »

kitty-cat

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
Elfmama- I had too- I didn't want to do all the chores by myself :P

And mom, you're one to talk.. I got the pic off of your FB photo album!

NE Florida

kitty_kats mom

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »
just ask me again "where a certain picture" is...and if a certain video EVER sees the light of day (yes, I know I put it on my facebook)...........

pinkunicorn

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
My mom loves to tell this story:

When I was learning how to walk I, of course, fell down a lot. My dad would laugh at me and ask me, "Walk much?"

One day, mom had just waxed the floors in the kitchen and hallway. Mom and Dad were playing and Dad was chasing Mom around the house. Well Dad slipped and fell on the newly-shined hallway floor. I toddled up to him and said, "Daddy walk much?"
Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out!

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »
We learned recently that we REALLY need to watch what we say around the kids, even though we've culled the most offensive words from our vocabulary. 

In the same week, our oldest (5) admonished her sister to close the d&*n door and we were treated to a nice round of "The D&*n It!" Song on the way home from the grocery store by the youngest (almost 3)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
My mom loves to tell this story:

When I was learning how to walk I, of course, fell down a lot. My dad would laugh at me and ask me, "Walk much?"

One day, mom had just waxed the floors in the kitchen and hallway. Mom and Dad were playing and Dad was chasing Mom around the house. Well Dad slipped and fell on the newly-shined hallway floor. I toddled up to him and said, "Daddy walk much?"

PWNed

Shea

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
When I was just learning to talk, my dad realized while changing my diaper one day that the diaper pail had migrated across the room, and he was stuck with a dirty diaper in one hand and a not-yet-cleaned-off baby determined to wiggle off the changing table in the other. He muttered, "F*** it." I looked up at him and said brightly, "F*** it, f*** it, f*** it, f*** it, f*** it!"

Dad decided that this was perhaps the time to stop swearing in front of the kid.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
One summer we were driving home from vacation - about an hour from home, after having been on the road for 5 or 6.  Everyone had gotten along pretty well, considering.  DD was about 4, sitting her car seat, DS was about 7 in his car seat or booster.  They had been talking, maybe fussing at each other (I wasn't really paying attention), when all of a sudden, I heard DD say to DS, "You want a piece of me, I'm right here." 

pinkunicorn

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »
ExH is a mechanic, and he tends to talk like a mechanic (using colorful language) when he's working. One day, back when we were still married and DS was about 3 years old, he was helping exH put new brakes on my Dodge. I was in the house with DD, who was still a baby. DS comes in the house a little while later saying, "Dad says I need to take a break."

The next day, I take the kids to the babysitter (who is like 2nd family to me--my kids call her Grama and her son Uncle Bob). When I go pick the kids up, Uncle Bob and one of his friends immediately say "It wasn't us. We didn't say anything like that around DS ever!!!"

They explained that they were out working on Uncle Bob's pickup. DS was helping. He crawled up under the pickup with a tool, then started exclaiming, "What a piece of sh--! Oh sh--, that's not gonna work. G-- D--- it. Hey, you guys go take a break, I'll finish this!"

As soon as they said "you guys go take a break" I just KNEW DS picked all that up from helping exH the day before!
Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out!

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »
Oh goodness.  My son has a fascination of dog crates.  When he was 10 he smashed himself into a friend's small dog crate every time we went to her house. 

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
My 14yo DS is interested {in a good way!!} in "things that go boom". He's actually seriously considering a career as a military engineer.

Last night, he met me at the door with a huge grin.
"I've got the best.homework.ever!"

"What....???" said me, cautiously.

"We have to pick something and find out how combustible it is."

My response?
"Well, in the interest of accurate results, you really should gather a variety of materials and test them..."

;D

Yeah, he had fun. Safe, educational, fun.