Etiquette School is in session! > "Why would I want to do that?"

"There is no chance I would ever have a romantic rel[color=black]ationship[/color] with you."

<< < (6/6)

Nora:
Chip2: if you replace "Renfest" with "Bluesclub" then that is pretty much how DH and I got our start 9 years ago!  If our OC had never mentioned to me that DH was afraid to ask me out, I would have continued to believe he simply did not like me "in that way".

Yay for meddling coworkers! ;D

Shopaholic:
When I was younger, and faced with this problem, I'd just answer with "Thank you, but I'm not interested." With a nice smile.

Repeated as necessary. Men where I live are quite persistent.

"But why?"
"Thanks, not interested."
"But really, why?"
"Thank you, I'm not interested."
"Why not?"
"Not interested, thank you. Have a nice day."

Auntie Mame:

--- Quote from: Chip2 on November 04, 2011, 09:51:30 AM ---Moral of the story:  treat the geeky guys (at least the nice ones) with polite honesty.  We appreciate it.  Oh, and don't be afraid to give us a try.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I have always loved the geeky boys, probably because i'm a geeky girl.  I screwed up my courage and asked BF out for our first date.  I knew he would be to shy to ask me and I didn't want to let him get away ;)

I think he fell in love with me when I turned to him one day (after he had mentioned something about spice, and kept using the word spice) and said to him "Tell me about the waters of your homeworld Usul".

jedikaiti:
A bit OT, but reminds me of when me (geeky) and BF (mildly geeky first got together. We'd gone out a couple of times, but I wasn't too sure if they were "dates" or "Dates". He finally smacked me over the head with a clue-by-four by holding my hand at the planetarium.

In retrospect, him driving from his home to mine (about 45 min away) to pick me up, then about an hour and a half back past his home to the dealership where I was picking up my new car, before he had to go to work for the evening, really should have been a BIG HINT. :D And that was the second or third "d/Date" we'd been on.
[/OT]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version