Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 2336 times)

Happy_Momma

Hey Everyone!
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »
I was searching for some help with my friend and LOVED reading the messages here, And thought this might be a great place to ask

I have a good friend who is pregnant and finacially struggling right now, And no one to help her with baby things or a baby shower. She doesn't have any close friends to throw her a shower and she is pretty stressed about making sure she has everything she needs before her baby gets here.
She doesn't know the sex yet, But I made her a registry online for things she needs for a baby. Hopefully I didn't forget anything, Its been years since I had mine!

Her registry is located
http://www.babiesrus.com/ControllerServlet?registryNumber=47549095&target=search
or
http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=26771607042

And Im really trying to reach out and ask anyone who could possibly help her out, by getting her something on her registry.

Even if you cannot get something off of the registry, A card with some words of encouragment would be welcomed, Im sure.

She's SO alone right now and I just want to show her there are many people who care about her and baby!

brooklyngirl

Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 04:49:48 PM »
That is a lovely idea, and very nice of you to do for your friend.

I wanted to help, so I just purchased two items off the babies r us registry...a huge box of pampers (616 count), and the baby bather.

Hope she gets all she needs.

Happy_Momma

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:05:54 AM »
awwe! Thank you SO Much for helping her. This is the only way I knew how, Without her having friends etc. I figured it could be an "Online Baby Shower"

That was super great of you!

mrsbrandt

• I can run under a 9 minute mile!!!
    • Brandts Online
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »
Would she be interested in some hand me downs?  I have some unused baby clothes (tags still attached/original packaging).  I have 5 plain white shortsleeve bodysuits for a 3-6 mo. old in the original packaging never opened.  Newborn outfits in green and pink with tags still attached and never worn.  Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?  If you think she'd be interested please PM the address to me. 

Happy_Momma

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 06:35:29 PM »
I sent you a PM! That is SO nice of you! I am so sure she would not mind hand me downs of any kind!

mddg4

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »
Try consignment shops! I was struggling financially when my first little one was born and I found clothes, furniture and other necessities all gently used and in great condition for a fraction of the cost. Would you PM me so that I can send her a card?

Happy_Momma

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 06:11:56 PM »
I sent you a PM! Thanks so much. It will brighten her day to recieve a card, Im sure of it! ;D

Rinkatink88

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »
Hi:

I hope your friend is doing well with her pregancy.

I went to the Toy'r'us to order a few items for your friend and realized the shipping cost is considerable.  Now, I don't begrudge the shipping costs, but I thought it would be better if I could give her a gift card instead.  That way she could get the things she really need at the moment.

Is is possible to get her contact info?

Sincerely

AprilRenee

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »
I wish I could afford to help out, however I would love to send a cute little card if I could get her information

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
HappyMomma, does your friend have Internet access? Maybe at the library if she doesn't have a computer at home or work? If so, tell her about freecycle.org. It's an online "swap meet" where people advertise for things they want to give away or receive. All free. Gently used baby/kid stuff is always available because babies outgrow things. If she doesn't have a puter, you could sign up yourself and keep an eye out for things she needs.

Go to the web site http://www.freecycle.org and click on the link for your city/region. You can read posts on the Web or get them via e-mail (if you do the latter I suggest getting the digest; that way you'll get one e-mail with multiple posts instead of a gazillion e-mails.

And bless you for setting up a registry for her! Truly a kind and gracious act. I will check it out in a couple of days (when I get paid -- tapped out now!)

My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

Happy_Momma

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »
Hey Everyone, I am sorry that I didn't reply sooner we have had so many internet problems and went a week without internet at all. Anyhow..
If your still interested in helping her and need her address please let me know I will be happy to send it to you.

aeeden

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 04:05:46 PM »
please send me a message.. i don't know what i can do yet to help.. but i will at the very least send her a happy card...  ;D

Happy_Momma

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »
sent you a message :)

Bumping this up. She is due soon and any help would be greatly appreciated.