General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Whoopi Goldberg gets it

(1/2) > >>

LeeLee88:
Watching the Today Show, and Whoopi Goldberg has come out with a new book talking about how it seems that civility is slowly disappearing from the world.  She explains that it's not only a loss of common manners (don't invade personal space, be respectful at sporting events, etc.), but also a loss of common sense (texting while driving, doing hair/makeup while driving, etc.)  I'm just so happy to see that a big celebrity like her has a book out like this.

I do believe the book is called "Is it Just Me?", as in, "Is it just me, or are people getting ruder and ruder?".  I'll see if I can link up a youtube video of her interview with Matt Lauer later on today.  I think someone should anonymously send her a link to this website, I'm sure she'd be pleased to see there are others doing their darnedest to battle what is becoming every-day rudeness  ;D.

Flora Louise:
I've never been under the impression that Whoopi is especially polite herself. I don't know if I'd be interested in a book on social behavior from her. But then, I don't watch the View so maybe others regard her as socially adept.

PeasNCues:

--- Quote from: Flora Louise on October 04, 2010, 12:31:19 PM ---I've never been under the impression that Whoopi is especially polite herself. I don't know if I'd be interested in a book on social behavior from her. But then, I don't watch the View so maybe others regard her as socially adept.

--- End quote ---
You took the thought right from my mind!

Winterlight:
Whoopi Goldberg is not someone I'd be inclined to take civility advice from- what little I've seen of her doesn't strike me as very polite.

goldilocks:
Keep in mind, this is the same woman who said that Roman Pulaskis encounter with a drugged 13 YO didn't qualify as "rape".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version