Author Topic: Whoopi Goldberg gets it  (Read 2603 times)

LeeLee88

Whoopi Goldberg gets it
« on: October 04, 2010, 08:46:44 AM »
Watching the Today Show, and Whoopi Goldberg has come out with a new book talking about how it seems that civility is slowly disappearing from the world.  She explains that it's not only a loss of common manners (don't invade personal space, be respectful at sporting events, etc.), but also a loss of common sense (texting while driving, doing hair/makeup while driving, etc.)  I'm just so happy to see that a big celebrity like her has a book out like this.

I do believe the book is called "Is it Just Me?", as in, "Is it just me, or are people getting ruder and ruder?".  I'll see if I can link up a youtube video of her interview with Matt Lauer later on today.  I think someone should anonymously send her a link to this website, I'm sure she'd be pleased to see there are others doing their darnedest to battle what is becoming every-day rudeness  ;D.

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
Re: Whoopi Goldberg gets it
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 12:31:19 PM »
I've never been under the impression that Whoopi is especially polite herself. I don't know if I'd be interested in a book on social behavior from her. But then, I don't watch the View so maybe others regard her as socially adept.
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
I've never been under the impression that Whoopi is especially polite herself. I don't know if I'd be interested in a book on social behavior from her. But then, I don't watch the View so maybe others regard her as socially adept.
You took the thought right from my mind!
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
Whoopi Goldberg is not someone I'd be inclined to take civility advice from- what little I've seen of her doesn't strike me as very polite.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

goldilocks

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
Keep in mind, this is the same woman who said that Roman Pulaskis encounter with a drugged 13 YO didn't qualify as "rape".

hyzenthlay

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 01:37:09 PM »

POD.

The women sits in panel on a national TV show and says rude judgemental catty crude terrible things. Her standard of behavior is appalling. Her statement is the truth, but it's the truth about herself.

Good grief, I read the preview on Amazon. It's really really bad. And it's whiny.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 01:49:37 PM by hyzenthlay »

LeeLee88

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:35:47 PM »
Aw poop.  I'm sorry.  I didn't know she was like that at all  :-\.  She seemed to have some pretty good points during the interview... I guess I need to watch TV more, huh?

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »
probably better not to.  She starte off as a stand-up comedian and I think that stand-up comedy and etiguette probably don't mesh real easily so her tendancy is probably not to swing toward the polite.

hyzenthlay

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »
Aw poop.  I'm sorry.  I didn't know she was like that at all  :-\.  She seemed to have some pretty good points during the interview... I guess I need to watch TV more, huh?

I'm sure she did. We'd all like people to be nicer to US after all. But seriously, look at the preview of the book! It's really really self centered.  It's bad stand up, that looks like it wasn't even edited.