News:

• February 23, 2018, 10:19:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Will you take a picture with my camera ?  (Read 33042 times)

Twik

Re: Will you take a picture with my camera ?
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
Technology is working to solve this problem. Last time I was at a camera show, there was one maker (Nikon, maybe? Or Fuji?) with a cute little camera with a viewscreen on the *front* as well as the back, so you could easily take a picture of yourself!
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

gramma dishes

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »
Technology is working to solve this problem. Last time I was at a camera show, there was one maker (Nikon, maybe? Or Fuji?) with a cute little camera with a viewscreen on the *front* as well as the back, so you could easily take a picture of yourself!

I think that might be Samsung.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 05:09:51 AM »

Still requires that you have long enough arms though ;)

I've asked and been asked. I don't think it's rude to ask as long as you're not interrupting anybody, and as long as you take no for an answer.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Carnation

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »

I have this feature on my Samsung Rugby II.  It always switches this feature on when I'm trying to check the time and it always freaks me out. :-\

MRSW

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »
OP, I think you were fine and the lady & teenagers were quite rude.  I agree that your response may have been confusing, but you were coming from book-brain and were confused yourself.  I don't blame you for not wanting to step away from your books or your luggage, and I especially don't blame you for not wanting to handle someone else's camera.

Personally, if I want pictures of myself & whoever I'm with, I either try to ask an employee of where I'm at (if possible), or I make do with friends & I passing the camera around and taking pictures of one another.  I don't think it's rude to ask a stranger once, politely, to take a picture (provided said stranger isn't obviously occupied with something, and I do thing reading counts as occupied with something), as long as an answer of "No." is taken gracefully. 

I don't mind doing favors for people, but it's going to be at *my* convenience and at *my* comfort level, not theirs.  For strangers, anyway.  I'm more willing to be put out when it's family/close friends. 

inna.minnit

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
Most digital cameras have an auto timer.  I guess rude family didn't know that.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
I don't think it's rude to ask a stranger once, politely, to take a picture (provided said stranger isn't obviously occupied with something, and I do thing reading counts as occupied with something), as long as an answer of "No." is taken gracefully.
But apparently Picture Lady doesn't. I have no trouble imagining that if she had been asked, she might have said "Well, it's not like I interrupted her! She wasn't doing anything, just reading."

Get between me and my book at your peril. ;)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~