Author Topic: I actually felt small yesterday...  (Read 2565 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: I actually felt small yesterday...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 02:47:18 PM »
The reverse of feeling small:  My MIL is 4'9".  I was in the kitchen with her the last time we visited, and 5'5" me towered over her.  It seemed strange to have a head of grey hair hitting me at chest level.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
ShieldMaiden is 5'3'' tall and a petite blonde.

I am 5'11'' tall and a curvy redhead.

I call her my "Little Older Sister"  ;D

here's us in High School

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 03:23:10 PM by PeasNCues »
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Shea

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
Hooo boy. I'm a bit over 5 feet tall. Feels like everyone is taller than me. None of the women on my mom's side of the family have ever topped 5'3" since time began. My mom's 5'3" and she's the tallest. Her father, my grandfather, is 6 feet tall. Go figure.

Here's a picture of me and my friend Rachel (our families have been close friends since before either of us was born, she's more like a sister to me. She's three years younger than I am, and I was wearing her hand-me-downs by the time she was 10 and I was 13.) She's around 6 feet tall, I think.

I should add that she's standing on the street there, and I'm on the curb. So I've got an extra 3 or so inches...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:45:07 AM by Shea »

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Ereine

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 12:27:33 AM »
I was a tall child but stopped growing when I was about 12 and am now the average height for women my age here (people seem to be getting taller all the time so that I'm now shorter than the national average) but I felt a lot bigger, like I was still the second biggest person in my class (the tallest grew up to be actually tall, instead of just imagining it). My boyfriend is about 8 inches taller and a lot heavier and I have to say that I enjoy feeling small. And I think that my perception of my size has changed, though now I probably feel smaller than I really am.

Shea

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »
I was a tall child but stopped growing when I was about 12 and am now the average height for women my age here (people seem to be getting taller all the time so that I'm now shorter than the national average) but I felt a lot bigger, like I was still the second biggest person in my class (the tallest grew up to be actually tall, instead of just imagining it). My boyfriend is about 8 inches taller and a lot heavier and I have to say that I enjoy feeling small. And I think that my perception of my size has changed, though now I probably feel smaller than I really am.

Yeah, I thought I was going to be tall there for awhile because I got my growth early. When I was about 11 I was one of the tallest girls in my class. Then everyone else kept growing and I didn't. I've been exactly the same size I am now (I was also an "early bloomer" :P ) since I was 13 or 14. I can still wear clothes from my freshman year of high school. At least I got to experience height for a awhile ::sigh::.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 04:37:27 PM »
On a good day I'm 5' 1"  my husband was 6' 4"   we've heard every joke there is ...

Ereine

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »

Yeah, I thought I was going to be tall there for awhile because I got my growth early. When I was about 11 I was one of the tallest girls in my class. Then everyone else kept growing and I didn't. I've been exactly the same size I am now (I was also an "early bloomer" :P ) since I was 13 or 14. I can still wear clothes from my freshman year of high school. At least I got to experience height for a awhile ::sigh::.

I was an early bloomer as well and I think that stopped my growth. Vertical growth anyway, unfortunately I grew in other ways and couldn't fit into old clothes :)

TeamBhakta

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »
I am 5 foot. BhaktaBoyfriend is not much taller than me. I love it  :-* I generally prefer dating short guys anyway.

Xallanthia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 03:46:24 PM »

Last year when we moved my husband made me throw out a shirt I bought when I was 12.  I was 25.  But honey I don't wear it out of the house anymore!

I'm another one who stopped growing upwards around age 12.  I've added enough hip in the second half of my life-so-far that I don't fit in middle school pants anymore, but shirts are just fine...  added a bit in that area up through college but not so much as to make things not work.

I still have shoes from that long ago, too.  Ssh!  don't tell DH!

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 03:48:40 PM »

Last year when we moved my husband made me throw out a shirt I bought when I was 12.  I was 25.  But honey I don't wear it out of the house anymore!

I'm another one who stopped growing upwards around age 12.  I've added enough hip in the second half of my life-so-far that I don't fit in middle school pants anymore, but shirts are just fine...  added a bit in that area up through college but not so much as to make things not work.

I still have shoes from that long ago, too.  Ssh!  don't tell DH!

I still have a couple of shirts from back then.  Actually, I have one from prior to that... I just don't admit to having gotten it (admittedly in a slightly-too-large size) in fourth grade...

Pinky830

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
I really wish I had a picture of me with DH's dad's family. They tower over me.

I am FIVE FEET NINE.

Seriously. FIL is 6'5". MIL is 6'2". DH and his brother are both 6'3", and his half brothers are 6'5" and 6'7".

Being taller than most women and a lot of men, it feels extremely strange to me when I am the shortest adult (by far) in the room.

supernova

• thanks for all the fish
  • dancing alone
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »
I really wish I had a picture of me with DH's dad's family. They tower over me.

I am FIVE FEET NINE.

Seriously. FIL is 6'5". MIL is 6'2". DH and his brother are both 6'3", and his half brothers are 6'5" and 6'7".

Being taller than most women and a lot of men, it feels extremely strange to me when I am the shortest adult (by far) in the room.

Are any of them single?

That must be mind-blowing.  :)

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 05:54:51 PM »
I love the pictures, they are awsome. Workingmum, I would love to see a picture, if you wouldn't mind sending one. The shortest person at work is under 5', and she is funny. Everyone calls her "Little One," her mom works there too, and is maybe 5' tall.

Recently hired is one of the tallest people I have ever seen in person. He has to be over 7' tall. I jokingly mentioned to someone that he should be on our loss prevention team. That he could be standing in one spot and see everything over the shelves.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 05:38:09 PM »
I'm 5'8" if I stand up straight.

Over tgiving my nephews visited me. The 20-yr old is 6'6".

The 18-yr old? Still growing? is 7'2".

Yeah, I felt really small.

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 07:04:22 PM »
All of the men on my mom's side of the family are at least 6' tall (usually a bit taller).  All of the women, except for my Grandma, my sis & I are 5'7" or taller.  The 3 of us all struggle with our weight a bit, but beside any/all of the guys we all feel teeny tiny.  ;D

My Grandma will still climb up on a chair to scold my uncles, though.  Usually when they "borrow" a bite of whatever she's cooking before she's ready to serve it.  There's something very amusing about seeing her standing on a chair, still a few inches shorter, brandishing a spoon at her sons who quickly go from looking like distinguished men to overgrown little boys.