Author Topic: (warning) body and stranger safety. How young is too young?  (Read 4823 times)

CherryRipe

Re: (warning) body and stranger safety. How young is too young?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
Remember the O.J. Simpson trial?  Remember how he used his girlfriend, Carla Holmolka, to lure children to him, because she appeared to be a perfectly innocuous, non-threatening woman?  

Ahh, O.J. Simpson was on trial for the murder of his wife.  Karla Holmolka was married to Paul Bernardo: they were a serial killer team focused on young girls.  Including her own sister IIRC.

Oh, right.  Sorry about that.....I was born in 1984, and during the early 90's, it seemed like there was another sex offender case in the newspaper every other week.  My mother told me about ALL of them (I was able to read for myself, but I just wasn't interested in reading that kind of thing), and since there were so many of these occurences, and it happened so long ago, I got some of the details mixed up, and I didn't bother to check the facts before posting, because I thought I was right.  But, my point is, Karla Holmolka has made a lot of people fear even perfectly harmless-looking women, without taking into account that, most women you'll run into in MOST typical public places like I described (mall,s parks, grocery stores, university campuses), are in fact, perfectly harmless.