Author Topic: A Thoughtful Man at the Supermarket  (Read 1250 times)

Lindstrom Lindstrom

• It's less confusing for me this way.
A Thoughtful Man at the Supermarket
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »
Tonight I had to run to the grocery store to stock up for the week. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but money is extremely tight right now, and in fact I wouldn't have had money for groceries if my landlord hadn't agreed to hold the rent check until next week. Things will be better then, but still tight, and I'm not sure for how long, due to a pretty recent situation.

I managed to get food for me for a week or maybe longer if I stretch it for about twenty dollars, which meant I had money to buy Baby L's diapers and formula. (Thanks to someone here - I forget who - for posting the Hillbilly Housewife link, by the way!) I was unloading my couple of bags and trying to plan out when I'm going to soak beans and bake bread, etc. and sort of feeling down about things. I was cheering myself up that I was able to take care of the baby, though! Then I overheard the older couple getting out of the car next to mine having a good-natured disagreement. It make me chuckle a little, and as I finished putting the last bag in the car, the husband asked if I was done with my cart, he would take it inside for me.

It was such a small thing, likely just a blip on the radar of his day, but it really was the little lift I needed just then. It really touched my heart, and I'll be on the lookout for my chance to pay it forward! :)

(Edited because the couple was getting out of their own car, not mine... that would have been an entirely different story)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:44:55 PM by Lindstrom Lindstrom »

Hanna

• Super Hero!
    • RumorsAboutMe
Re: A Thoughtful Man at the Supermarket
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »
It's the little things, isn't it?
Thank you for the nice post!
 :)