Author Topic: Stop following thread feature?  (Read 5448 times)

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
Re: Stop following thread feature?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
The only way I've been able to stop following a thread is to go in and delete my contributions to it.  When I see one going too long now, I go ahead and delete my posts out before it gets so long I can't easily find my reply.

If you've posted more than a few times, though, it's tricky.  I never did root out all my Baby Names contributions.   :P

You can go into your profile, click "show last posts of this person" and Bob's yer uncle, there are all your posts.  You can scroll through them and find where you've been lately.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »
The only way I've been able to stop following a thread is to go in and delete my contributions to it. 

I wish there was a way to stop following a thread one posted in. The Baby Names thread is so long I can't even find my posts, but that darn thread pops up over and over and over. And even if you click "mark as read", any new post causes it to pop up again.

Now I think veeerryyy carefully before posting, because I have to consider whether I still want to see new posts popping up three or four years in the future. If the answer is no, I just don't post.

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »
I wish someone would close the Baby Names thread and initiate a new one.  The old one would still be around for anyone who wanted to read it.

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 10:12:30 AM »
I have this problem with the dragon eggs thread.

On top of that, I think I have heard moderators say that they prefer that people not delete their posts, so I never have tried to go back and do that.

But it does make me wish there was either a way to have those threads stop showing up in the "new replies" section, or that the really long off-topic threads could be periodically locked and restarted.

Even so, though it's mildly annoying to have that thread continue to show up, it's not honestly that big a deal to just ignore it and periodically mark it as read.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »
Now I think veeerryyy carefully before posting, because I have to consider whether I still want to see new posts popping up three or four years in the future. If the answer is no, I just don't post.

I do that as well, and I've heard others say the same.  Funny.  There are some continuing threads I love participating in, and some I wish I never had!  And I'm sure that my particular choices are the opposite of someone else's.   :D

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx