Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

forum location

(1/1)

sweetgirl:
Not that it matters,just curious...but...everytime I come onto here all the adverts are for companies in Australia and I wondered whether whoever started this forum and website is an Aussie?

hardia:
The ads are generated by your IP address, so you will see ads for things that are local to you.  I'm in Canada, and I see ads for things not only in Canada but specifically in my city.  Everyone's ads are different based on their location -- I'm not all that technically savvy so I'm not sure how it works, but basically the board can detect where you are and tailor the ads accordingly.

I believe that Ehelldame, the owner of the board, is American.

Bethalize:

--- Quote from: sweetgirl on October 14, 2010, 07:50:03 AM ---Not that it matters,just curious...but...everytime I come onto here all the adverts are for companies in Australia and I wondered whether whoever started this forum and website is an Aussie?

--- End quote ---

It's Google Adsense so it displays appropriate ads using information you shared with Google. If you allowed Google to know your location it uses that. I get local ads and adverts related to previous searches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version