Author Topic: Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar showed incredibly bad manners today.  (Read 2819 times)

lkb

Re: Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar showed incredibly bad manners today.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 05:45:07 AM »
Wow! That was a lot of comments -- and quickly.
Having been in journalism (as well as home care) for many years, I agree that this was a ratings stunt. They did indeed know what Mr. O'Reilly was like and I'm willing to bet that this was planned in advance, at the very least to the point of steering the conversation to the Ground Zero mosque.

I still think that before a host walks out on an invited guest, one should steer the conversation away to something else when it gets heated. And a professional broadcaster or reporter would never, ever walk out on the interviewee. I think it is unfortunate that the View, while admittedly not a news program, and its powers that be (including Walters, Goldberg and Behar (who do each have a good bit of clout)) think it is right to treat those of opposing views shabbily.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
Re: Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar showed incredibly bad manners today.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 06:55:19 AM »
I don't think it was rude. I've had to walk away to cool down myself. That topic is one that's just too controversial. Had they stayed, I imagine things could have gotten uglier. Now, that would have been painful to watch.

In fact, it was still an awkward interview to watch even after the ladies came back.

True, it was unprofessional, but again, the topic is just too hard to debate about in a civil manner.

Here's the thing - they knew what the topic was and he has aired his views on it long and loud way before this.  They knew before the interview started what he would say in genreal and how they felt about that.  If it was too hard for them they should have absented themselves from the entire segment or, better yet, taken the day off and had somebody fill in for them.  To go on only to walk off in the middle seems a staged stunt to demonstrate their moral superiority.  I find that rude to the audience more than to him.