Forum Administration > Forum Announcements

Font Colors??

(1/32) > >>

SiotehCat:
Is it against the rules to use a color other then black when posting?

I saw a poster use a different color and I immediately thought it was the most awesome thing ever. A comment from one of the members lead me to believe that maybe we werent allowed.

Does anyone know whether they are allowed or not?

Outdoor Girl:
It isn't that we aren't allowed; it's that some posters, depending on their background colour, have trouble reading the colour.

(Personally, I love the purple!)

ETA:  If someone posts in a way that is hard to read, send them a PM and let them know that.  They can then explain their reasoning and decide whether or not to continue to use a different than standard post formatting, knowing that some people will skip over their posts.  One recent person is feeling a bit unwelcome because of all the comments, I know.

Ticia:
There's no rule against using different colored fonts, certainly. But it could get to be pretty annoying if everyone is using different posting styles. If you want to distinguish your post from everyone else's don't forget the power of a nice sig. ;)

Ferrets:
As a quick-fix, if there's a post you're having trouble reading because of its formatting, you can always use the Quote button so it appears (between the BBCode tags at beginning and end) as standard text in your preview box.  Then just backbutton out to return to the thread. :)

Scritzy:

--- Quote from: Ticia on October 15, 2010, 04:48:21 PM ---There's no rule against using different colored fonts, certainly. But it could get to be pretty annoying if everyone is using different posting styles. If you want to distinguish your post from everyone else's don't forget the power of a nice sig. ;)

--- End quote ---

And Ticia makes very nice sigs!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version