Author Topic: Font Colors??  (Read 27160 times)

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Font Colors??
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »
So it's big on my display because I have the font but it's too small for others who don't have it?  I don't understand that.  I even have my browser setting to only allow my chosen font and specific size and only Kai's posts come out looking like this

Edited back to normal size

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:25:01 PM by sparksals »

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
I have the font, and it looks about 14-16 size to me .. a little bigger than average but not hugeity huge.  Still a pain to read, though.  Those of you who don't have Bleeding Cowboys installed, this is it.  You've probably seen it before.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
So it's big on my display because I have the font but it's too small for others who don't have it?  I don't understand that. 

I think she said it's size 12 now.  To me, without the font, it shows up the exact same size as the default font.  The only thing I can see that's different is that it's a serif font, and the default is sanserif.  I know she tried to find a font she thought people were unlikely to have, so I'm sure she'd be willing to try something else.

hollasa

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »
Just so I understand - Kai's last post looked good to me, in a serif font rather than a san serif, which is what I normally see on EHell.

But someone else sees it in "Bleeding Cowboy"? When I googled that, I found this:
http://www.dafont.com/bleeding-cowboys.font

Is this the font that's being used as a text font? But it only shows up if someone has it installed on their computer?

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »
Just so I understand - Kai's last post looked good to me, in a serif font rather than a san serif, which is what I normally see on EHell.

But someone else sees it in "Bleeding Cowboy"? When I googled that, I found this:

Is this the font that's being used as a text font? But it only shows up if someone has it installed on their computer?

Exactly :)  Her hope was that other posters wouldn't have Bleeding Cowboy, so that she'd see it as Bleeding Cowboy, but everybody else would see the simple font.

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »
So it's big on my display because I have the font but it's too small for others who don't have it?  I don't understand that. 

I think she said it's size 12 now.  To me, without the font, it shows up the exact same size as the default font.  The only thing I can see that's different is that it's a serif font, and the default is sanserif.  I know she tried to find a font she thought people were unlikely to have, so I'm sure she'd be willing to try something else.

I edited my post above to show how it displays on my computer. 

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »

Exactly :)  Her hope was that other posters wouldn't have Bleeding Cowboy, so that she'd see it as Bleeding Cowboy, but everybody else would see the simple font.

Her reasoning's good, and it probably is an unusual font to have.  I have it because A) I'm a font junkie and B) I do some desktop publishing, so I have a lot of odd fonts installed.  

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2010, 05:22:02 PM »

How does only one person see one font in a forum like this?  I'm really confused. 

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »
So it's big on my display because I have the font but it's too small for others who don't have it?  I don't understand that.  

I think she said it's size 12 now.  To me, without the font, it shows up the exact same size as the default font.  The only thing I can see that's different is that it's a serif font, and the default is sanserif.  I know she tried to find a font she thought people were unlikely to have, so I'm sure she'd be willing to try something else.

So it displays as huge, but not as Bleeding Cowboy?  Or can I just not see your Bleeding Cowboy because I don't have the font installed?

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »
I'm especially confused it is so large when her font is completely different. 

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
So it's big on my display because I have the font but it's too small for others who don't have it?  I don't understand that.  

I think she said it's size 12 now.  To me, without the font, it shows up the exact same size as the default font.  The only thing I can see that's different is that it's a serif font, and the default is sanserif.  I know she tried to find a font she thought people were unlikely to have, so I'm sure she'd be willing to try something else.

So it displays as huge, but not as Bleeding Cowboy?  Or can I just not see your Bleeding Cowboy because I don't have the font installed?

It displays huge in my normal font, which I think is verdana.  My normal default font size is 12.  Kai's posts are literally in 24 point on my screen and when someone quotes the huge font post, it makes that post unreadable too.  Let me see if I can get a screenshot and post it.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »

Exactly :)  Her hope was that other posters wouldn't have Bleeding Cowboy, so that she'd see it as Bleeding Cowboy, but everybody else would see the simple font.

How does only one person see one font in a forum like this?  I'm really confused.  

You posted while I was posting, so I'll just respond twice :)  I'll explain as best I can, but since I'm not a font junkie, I'm no expert.

She's using a font that she installed on her computer, so it's separate from the forum software.  If you don't have that particular font on your computer (in this case, Bleeding Cowboy), either the computer or the internet or the forum (not really sure) will convert it to a default font (like Times New Roman or something) on your screen.  So, if she's the only ehellion with that font, she'll be the only one seeing Bleeding Cowboy, and everyone else's computer will say "nope!  not doing it, I don't know that font!  Have some Times New Roman instead!"

Just saw your other post.  I'll get a screenshot, too, so we can compare :)

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »
sparksals, do you have Bleeding Cowboys installed?  Does it show as the fancy, grungy, curly, distorted font in a huge point size, or just huge?

I have Bleeding Cowboys installed, so it shows the grungy/curly/distorted font, but in an average size.  

eta:  I see your last post, but I'm gonna post this anyway.  Interesting.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »
Aventurine, if you can, can you share a screenshot of what it looks like on your computer?  It's an interesting comparison :)

Here's mine.  I cropped it so it would be legible, but not take up the whole screen.  I'll link to the big version, too.

Big version:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/dassenkoningin/fontscreenshot-1.jpg

ETA:  Anybody else feel compelled to double check what tabs she has open when posting screenshots?  I'm always convinced that, somehow, something really really weird will happen to be on screen :P
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:35:17 PM by RainhaDoTexugo »

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
I've been trying to.  If you would be so kind as to walk me through the process, I'd appreciate it.