News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 14, 2017, 07:12:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bean dipping with actual bean dip!  (Read 7307 times)

JacklynHyde

Bean dipping with actual bean dip!
« on: October 15, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »
Rockhubby's Uncle Sean and Aunt Penny (not real names) were in town this week.  We haven't seen them since our wedding four years ago, but since Rockhubby's dad and Smom moved to town this winter, we were happy to hear that his brother and SIL were coming in for a visit. 

Their first night of the visit, Smom put out a huge buffet of snacky stuff before dinner.  The men went outside to grill the meat, leaving me with the ladies.  Aunt Penny, who is a lovely lady who talks even more than I do (this is a feat), was leading the conversation.  She then turned to me and asked me point blank if Rockhubby and I were having children.  It took all my might to keep my sip of wine within the contents of my mouth.  Smom started blinking rapidly, something she does when she is alarmed, and kept silent for my reaction.

I slowly swallowed my wine and put my glass on the counter.  "No, Penny, it simply isn't in the cards for us."  Aunt Penny started to talk about how none of our generation seems to be interested in procreation (her daughter is fresh out of grad school and getting settled into a new career) when I noticed the beautiful bowl of BEAN DIP in front of me.  I grabbed a pita chip, scooped up a healthy portion of the dip and ate it with a delighted look on my face.

"Seriously, Penny, you have to try this!  Smom threw in some parsley and other neat stuff.  I thought it was guacamole at first because of the color but it's excellent bean dip."  This actually threw her long enough to change the topic to food.  Smom's blinking slowed to a normal pace and I had a marvelous internal chuckle.

Thank you, EHellions!

ydpubs

• Has a fine singing voice.
  • Reading the threads here makes me hungry.
Re: Bean dipping with actual bean dip!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 03:57:46 PM »
NICE! When I read your thread title, I had the most ridiculous vision like you were carrying around a bowl of bean dip and whipped it out like a Grey Poupon commercial!  ;D
No matter where you go, there you are...

supernova

• thanks for all the fish
  • dancing alone
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:08:09 PM »
Where's that "like" button?   :D

Awesome, awesome job at bean-dipping!  :)

- saphie

KaosP

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »
Brilliant!!  ;D

PurpleFrog

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 11:24:44 PM »
Yay I love it.

But this means next time your on the phone and want to end the call you actually have to set fire to a cat.

*disclaimer. Poster in no way advocates the singeing of felines.
No cats were harmed in the making of this post*
I love you, but if Zombies are chasing us I'm tripping you up.

JacklynHyde

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
Yay I love it.

But this means next time your on the phone and want to end the call you actually have to set fire to a cat.

*disclaimer. Poster in no way advocates the singeing of felines.
No cats were harmed in the making of this post*
Eeep!  Pandora the Wonder Kitty is glaring at me after I read that post to her!

Kittymama

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »
SO. MUCH. KYOOT!!!

Raintree

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:19:54 AM »
Aunt Penny started to talk about how none of our generation seems to be interested in procreation (her daughter is fresh out of grad school and getting settled into a new career) when I noticed the beautiful bowl of BEAN DIP in front of me.

It was a sign sent from e-heaven to remind you to bean dip!!

boxy

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 03:32:24 PM »
What an attractive and intelligent looking cat.

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »
Oh, so I should freeze my oven, so that when this guy I'm not interested in asks me out, I'd be able to defrost it? I'm asking 'cause my cat Sheila would strongly prefer not to be flossed.
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

Marbles

• I'm lost
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 09:03:30 PM »
Oh, so I should freeze my oven, so that when this guy I'm not interested in asks me out, I'd be able to defrost it? I'm asking 'cause my cat Sheila would strongly prefer not to be flossed.

LOL. I say that all the time, too. "Sorry, gotta go floss the cat!"

Samantha

• Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »
My tries to floss herself all the time... She steals it from the trashcan and plays with it!

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

BeagleMommy

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 08:44:32 PM »
Okay, so now that I actually have to wax my dog, does anyone know the best type to use?

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 10:22:59 PM »
Okay, so now that I actually have to wax my dog, does anyone know the best type to use?

Well, duhhhh! 

Pledge!   ::)    For that glossy, lemon scented shine.......

;D
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!