Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

Invisible text

(1/3) > >>

Bethalize:
Sometimes people change the colour of the font so you can't see the text unless you highlight it. I think this is a good idea. Would it be possible to have a choice from the drop down menu "Change Color" to "invisible" which is the same text as a the background of the post? This would mean it would automatically be hidden. Lots of time I see yellow text on a different colour background because I am using a different colour scheme to that poster.

It's not a massive need but it is a thing that would be nice to have. Or it could be a markup command similar to superscript.

Kai:
What would the invisible text be used for? It sounds similar to the idea of a spoiler tag (although that is just a black box around the selected text). If that is what you would like it for, I think it would be cool to have and can be a good idea.

What else would it be used for?

Bob Ducca:

--- Quote from: Kai on October 16, 2010, 07:29:16 AM ---What would the invisible text be used for? It sounds similar to the idea of a spoiler tag (although that is just a black box around the selected text). If that is what you would like it for, I think it would be cool to have and can be a good idea.

What else would it be used for?

--- End quote ---

Sometimes people use it for information that other posters might find sensitive.  In threads dealing with death, miscarriage, pregnancy, or medical issues, for example, a poster might put the details in an "invisible" color in case some posters find them relevant, but not all posters have to read them.

Kai:

--- Quote from: Deb1000Faces on October 16, 2010, 07:48:39 AM ---
Sometimes people use it for information that other posters might find sensitive.  In threads dealing with death, miscarriage, pregnancy, or medical issues, for example, a poster might put the details in an "invisible" color in case some posters find them relevant, but not all posters have to read them.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for explaining that to me =) So it really does sound like the same concept of a spoiler tag, just not as obvious as the big black box. In that case, I do think it is a good idea to have.

Scritzy:
I always use beige. Is that color easily seen?

In one of the forum incarnations, we actually had a spoiler feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version