Author Topic: Guests Bringing Unsolicited Food  (Read 3541 times)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
Re: Guests Bringing Unsolicited Food
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »
I rather like the idea of the taste test - too bad you didn't have score cards pre-printed to hand out.

MIL brought brownies and you served petit four - everyone gets to try one of each - then they vote by getting seconds (larger serving) of their favorite.  The winner is determined by which dessert runs out first.........

If there were teenagers in the area - especially teenaged boys - every "contest" would have been a tie as all available food would have vanished.  Although one dessert may have vanished faster than the other.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 03:09:46 PM »
She'd announce that it was "better than what I'd planned,"

With this comment, she's just asking for it, so I'd probably have replied, "Oh, I doubt that.   Besides, it's the hostess' option to set the menu, so I'll be setting YOUR dessert aside for later and will serve mine as I had planned."

Chocolate Cake nailed it. Put me down for one of those.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 03:11:48 PM »
"Oh, how thoughtful!  It looks positively delicious.  Oopsy!  Oh, dear, look what I've done, your lovely dessert smashed to the floor...Oh, well, we'll just have to make do."  >:D

"Gee, this Wormwood and Bile Suprise looks fantastic....oh my gosh! And all over your dress too! I'm such a clutz!"
Hey, it beats sticking it up her you-know-what....
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....