Author Topic: Come to Kim Kardashian's official birthday party, if you can afford a table  (Read 2777 times)

JeanFromBNA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1321644/Kim-Kardashian-says-Im-old-pose-nude-Michael-Hill-jewellery-party-NY.html

Scroll down for the invite.  Note:  Some skin is shown, but there is nothing else objectionable besides the eye-popping, jaw-dropping, shockingly greedy and inhospitable invitation to buy tables at her party. 

jimithing

• Super Hero!
  • Life Is Too Short to Wear a Bad Outfit!
Super tacky. But I guess this will allow her fans who wouldn't otherwise be able to meet her, to join in.  ::)

hyzenthlay

• Super Hero!
It's an event at a night club. I'd guess it's actually a paid apperance.

'Host' in the sense of MC-ing a party, rather then host in terms of actually inviting guests.

So I don't think there's actually anything wrong at all. Other then the general 'wrongness' of paying $2500 bucks to see a reality TV show star. But I've paid money for pretty silly things myself over the years.  ;D

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
It's an event at a night club. I'd guess it's actually a paid apperance.

'Host' in the sense of MC-ing a party, rather then host in terms of actually inviting guests.

So I don't think there's actually anything wrong at all. Other then the general 'wrongness' of paying $2500 bucks to see a reality TV show star. But I've paid money for pretty silly things myself over the years.  ;D

I believe I saw an episode of the sow where she said she works that part on her birtday every year so I think you have it exactly right - she MCs the event for the venue, they ren't really her guests

Shoo

• Super Hero!
I believe I saw an episode of the sow

::snort::

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Come on--while you may not approve of or like Ms Kardashian (personally, I think she's one of those who's famous for being famous) but calling her a sow is just not right. At least here. I'm sure there are slews of forums out there devoted to trashing celebrities, but this isn't one of them.

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Mopsy428

Come on--while you may not approve of or like Ms Kardashian (personally, I think she's one of those who's famous for being famous) but calling her a sow is just not right. At least here. I'm sure there are slews of forums out there devoted to trashing celebrities, but this isn't one of them.

I think that was a typo.

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
Yeah, I don't think this was her actual birthday party, but rather a paid endorsement. And actually $1,000 for a table in Vegas with booze is not really an expensive night out. The table is for 10 people, that's $100 per person. I've seen way more spent in Vegas and there were no celebrities around.

cass2591

• Global Moderator

I think that was a typo.

Oh geez, I just got it!!! I'm so sorry, Sharnita, and I thought it was rather out of character but people have bad days, so please accept my apologies and color my face red.

That's what I get for jumping the gun.

ETA: Thanks to Mopsy for pointing it out so I could right a wrong.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:11:55 PM by cass2591 »
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Rosey

• Super Hero!

I think that was a typo.

Edited to delete my comment about the typo because it came after Cass' second post.

I agree that this seems like a paid appearance, so I don't have any problem with it. Also, I openly admire Kim Kardashian. She is famous for being famous, but she has handled her fame very well.

As far as I can tell, it started to get big when her sex tape came out. She, like so many other inadvertent adult film stars, could not stop the tape, so she made a fortune off of it instead. I wouldn't make the tape in the first place, but if I did, and it was going to come out regardless of what I did, I certainly wouldn't want someone else getting rich off of it.

Then she made a reality show - several, in fact. Basically she's getting paid to live a slightly scripted version of her life in front of the cameras, and the cameras were already following her to a certain extent. Again, I wouldn't do it, but she's well paid for her 'efforts'.

Then she took her fame and ran with it: paid appearances, endorsements, etc. She makes a very healthy salary, receives loads of free clothes and accessories, and appears to enjoy her life. She's sold her privacy, but unlike so many other reality stars, her life does not seem worse off because of it. All the while she is rejecting the idea of size 00 waist, outright flaunting her Armenian heritage, and staying close to her family. If I ever decided to watch a reality show of someone else living their life, it would be hers.

Shoo

• Super Hero!

I think that was a typo.

It was definitely a typo, but I thought it was hilarious!

Calypso

But...but, I couldn't tell from the story...is Kim planning on posing nude again??? ::)
I so very much want to know!  8)

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
That's OK - I've been away from the computer so I missed the last several posts!  Yup, definitely a typo but God likes to use my tupos for comic relief sometimes. ;D

KCee

According to her website, she isn't endorsing any of the the "official" birthday parties that are claiming to be for her. I think promoters are just using her name.

Micah

At least she turned down /put a stop to the million dollar, diamond encrusted birthday cake  :o
Mulder: "So...Lunch?"
Scully: "Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!"
Mulder: "Maybe their parachutes didn't open."