Author Topic: Miss Manners at the JFK Library!  (Read 1540 times)

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Miss Manners at the JFK Library!
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:56:07 PM »
Hey all,

Thought some of you might be interested in this info:  Her actual lecture has passed, but apparently, there is an exhibit at the JFK museum exploring the hospitality of Jackie-O (viewing the WH through that lens or something...) Enjoy!

June 18
Guest Lecture by Judith Martin
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library
Columbia Point, Dorchester
In conjunction with the current exhibit Jacqueline Kennedy Entertains: The Art of the White House Dinner, Judith Martin, a.k.a. Miss Manners, pays tribute to Mrs. Kennedy's legendary skills as a hostess. Ellen Goodman, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist for The Boston Globe, moderates.
5:30-7:00 PM | Free
1-(866)-JFK-1960 | www.jfklibrary.org

PS- I read about it in the Metro (google: metro boston). Have fun!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Morty'sCleaningLady

Re: Miss Manners at the JFK Library!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »
Good gracious.  I'm in metro Boston and at 5:30 on Monday was sitting around doing nothing.  I'm so disappointed!  (And I wish I could have forced my sister's future in-laws to attend, but that would have been rude.)

Formerly Mrs.Bart