Author Topic: Baby Shower Invitations  (Read 2766 times)

caranfin

• Super Hero!
  • I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
Re: Baby Shower Invitations
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 12:47:34 PM »
Oh, you can't mention the drama without sharing it!
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways.

Chivewarrior

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
I think it would be better not to invite either of them, but I understand that it's "faaaamily."
You got it!  However, after last night's drama, I think it would be best not to have those two sisters in the same room, so both Boorish and her DD have been taken off the list.
Now I'm curious. What happened?

Mahdoumi

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 03:27:43 PM »
I really can't go into it too much.  Just know that she relies on everyone else observing basic courtesies by pretending not to notice her boorish behavior.  The siblings allowed her to put herself in a legal position where she has full control over the father, his assets and his medical care.  The combination of Emotional instability and Power of Attorney has now reared its ugly head, and quite frankly, I doubt she really cares about any baby showers.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:29:15 PM by Mahdoumi »

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »
YAY!! Congrats!

I have a question though... isn't there an etiquette rule about family throwing showers or is that just for weddings? Am I wrong and totally off my rocker?  I am not saying you shouldn't have one but please clarify, for my own knowledge.

Thank you for the nice wishes.  The majority of the guest list is family and extremely close childhood friends of mine.  It's also a second shower; however, the first one took place 15 years ago and it was with my DD who is my first husband's child.  This will be a first live birth for DH and me.  We have had pregnancy tragedies in the past, and my SIL wanted to observe what a miracle this baby will be if we are successful this time around.

I have a question though... isn't there an etiquette rule about family throwing showers or is that just for weddings? Am I wrong and totally off my rocker?  I am not saying you shouldn't have one but please clarify, for my own knowledge.

Same rules as bridal showers: family may only throw family-only showers.  So family members should not be hosting a shower that friends, neighbors and coworkers are invited to.

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

I really can't go into it too much.  Just know that she relies on everyone else observing basic courtesies by pretending not to notice her boorish behavior.  The siblings allowed her to put herself in a legal position where she has full control over the father, his assets and his medical care.  The combination of Emotional instability and Power of Attorney has now reared its ugly head, and quite frankly, I doubt she really cares about any baby showers.

Sorry to hear that.  Too bad.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:35:13 AM by Sabbyfrog2 »