Author Topic: Neutral or Negative Review on Ebay  (Read 1198 times)

Queen of Clubs

Re: Neutral or Negative Review on Ebay
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 02:38:47 PM »
I once got neutral feedback for late posting.

I'd emailed the buyer to explain that due to the massive amounts of ice (it was snowing, freezing over, snowing - the ice was inches thick) I wasn't able to get to the post office that day.  I emailed her again the next day to say her parcel had been posted.  That day was the 2nd day since she'd paid, and she'd paid after the post office was shut, so the posting had been delayed 1 whole day.

OP, as long as you get your parcel by the estimated date, I'd say the seller is fine in that respect (assuming she isn't in an area with 6ft snow drifts - if she is, give her some slack).  Not responding to your emails though, I'd mark her down on the individual rating for that.

Peppergirl

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 07:11:09 PM »
I once got neutral feedback for late posting.

I'd emailed the buyer to explain that due to the massive amounts of ice (it was snowing, freezing over, snowing - the ice was inches thick) I wasn't able to get to the post office that day.  I emailed her again the next day to say her parcel had been posted.  That day was the 2nd day since she'd paid, and she'd paid after the post office was shut, so the posting had been delayed 1 whole day.

Wow.  :o  How incredibly inflexible.  Especially after you were so proactive and and tried to explain.  An ice storm is an act of God, after all...not much you or anyone could have done about it. 

In a case like that, at worst I would have left a positive with a note about it being late, but due to snow and that the seller communicated properly. 

Queen of Clubs

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 07:28:42 PM »
I was rather surprised at the neutral.  She received her parcel and left feedback the day after I posted it, but apparently the one day delay was enough, in her mind.

*shrugs* I gave up selling on eBay a long time ago.  It wasn't worth the hassle to me.

SPuck

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 10:18:20 PM »
I received my item, but the seller didn't respond to my inquiries and didn't ship the item until four days after I paid. It just bugs me because the other sellers were so prompt. The item also came a little dusty but then that was a common complaint in in the seller's reviews anyway so I was expecting it.

Weather wouldn't have been and issue for this delivery. The route was New Jersey to Massachusetts.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:23:24 PM by SPuck »

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: Today at 12:45:27 AM »
You received your item within the window they specified (Nov 20-24 if I recall correctly). Just because someone else did it faster doesn't mean they did poorly. They delivered as promised.

If fast delivery is important to you, only pick sellers that promise same day or next day shipping.

purple

« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:37:47 AM »
I think you're being a bit unreasonable OP.

Where I am, it is currently the 23rd November and you have your item, which is within the window specified.

I think you have no right whatsoever to leave negative feedback about this seller or transaction.

If fast delivery is important to you, then, as Deetee says you should only choose sellers who promise same/next day shipping.  You could also only choose sellers who allow you to pay extra for express shipping.