News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 06, 2015, 06:18:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I don't like this character--so NO ONE CAN HAVE IT!"  (Read 2490 times)

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
Re: "I don't like this character--so NO ONE CAN HAVE IT!"
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
He has stuff to sell. Now the whole fandom knows where to find him. Dollars to donuts, he will be "persuaded" to part with the figures when they are no longer on the market and he can set his scalping price high enough.
                www.ellenseltz.com

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »
It's rather sad to see an adult who has lost such a sense of perspective that they would spend serious cash for such a reason.

But yes, it does remind me of the people who wanted to burn some recent books, until it was pointed out that they had to buy the books first, which meant that the authors collected the royalties.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

TriCrazy73

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
It's rather sad to see an adult who has lost such a sense of perspective that they would spend serious cash for such a reason.

But yes, it does remind me of the people who wanted to burn some recent books, until it was pointed out that they had to buy the books first, which meant that the authors collected the royalties.
(bolding mine)  :o  Burn books??!!  Do people actually still do that?  I'm saddened to hear that.

Aquamarine

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 12:57:09 PM »
Honestly I would minimize my contact with this person, IMHO it sounds like there's something wrong with him.
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 06:54:38 PM »
He sounds like a ninny and the best thing to do is roll your eyes and avoid him.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls