Author Topic: Fancy Pants  (Read 9538 times)

BeagleMommy

Re: Fancy Pants
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »
I've been told that I dress "too wildly" because I occasionally wear animal prints.  What could be wrong with black pants/skirt and a leopard print turtleneck?  Of course, the person who told me this was a nun.

Jan74

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
I've been told that I dress "too wildly" because I occasionally wear animal prints.  What could be wrong with black pants/skirt and a leopard print turtleneck?  Of course, the person who told me this was a nun.
Unless it is leopard print underwear on display, nothing wrong or wild about it at all. But then again, other color underwear on display would be equally as wrong.  ;D

BeagleMommy

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
[quote author ;D=BeagleMommy link=topic=85707.msg2059008#msg2059008 date=1289007921]
Unless it is leopard print underwear on display, nothing wrong or wild about it at all. But then again, other color underwear on display would be equally as wrong.  ;D
[/quote]

Get out of my closet!  ;D

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:09 AM »

Since when is a pair of plain black pants, a plain sweater with no detail and a pair of black oxfords ostentatious?? I didn't make more $$ than anyone, and I had maybe 10-15 garments total in my whole wardrobe!!!

You should have told her you were a nun.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
I was trying to make a return at Wal*Mart tonight, and there was a dreadful lineup because there was only one Customer Service cashier and she was dealing with a confusing problem.  So she started calling other associates and managers and such like over to help.  At one point there were *5* employees helping this one woman.

I was so tempted to run in circles, flapping my hands, and screaming out, "FANCY PANTS!  FANCY PANTS!!".  I did manage to resist, tho.

boxy

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
Of course, the person who told me this was a nun.
Yeah, and what's a nun going to know about fashion?

figleaf

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
I had a similar experience at the doctor about two weeks ago.  I see a doctor for chronic pain, and it is that practice's specialty, so naturally a lot of the patients are elderly, and some are very disabled.  I am in my mid thirties, and have had this chronic pain thing since I was 29.  It is a (really crummy) part of my life and I have learned to live with it.  One of the ways I do that is to feel good about myself.  I swim for excercise, take care of myself and I usually put on makeup and a nice jeans/cords and top combo.  I have a fantastic jewelry collection, so I wear my treasures.

I was waiting for my appointment when I heard two men (about 6 feet from me) speaking in loud conversational tones talking about me, and how I "must be trying to impress someone", and "was all dressed up to go somewhere."  In print it doesn't look that bad, but the tone was very derisive.  I had black corduroys, ankle boots with 2 inch heels, a pretty top with ribbon rosettes along the neckline, a camel suede jacket and pretty dangly earrings.  I had makeup on and had my very long red hair in a twist.

At first I was offended, but then I thought that they were probably feeling kind of underdressed in comparison, (sweatpants and flannel shirts) and like so many people, were trying to make themselves feel better by putting down the person "making them look bad."  Basic bully tactic. 

One Fish, Two Fish

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
I had a similar experience at the doctor about two weeks ago.  I see a doctor for chronic pain, and it is that practice's specialty, so naturally a lot of the patients are elderly, and some are very disabled.  I am in my mid thirties, and have had this chronic pain thing since I was 29.  It is a (really crummy) part of my life and I have learned to live with it.  One of the ways I do that is to feel good about myself.  I swim for excercise, take care of myself and I usually put on makeup and a nice jeans/cords and top combo.  I have a fantastic jewelry collection, so I wear my treasures.

I was waiting for my appointment when I heard two men (about 6 feet from me) speaking in loud conversational tones talking about me, and how I "must be trying to impress someone", and "was all dressed up to go somewhere."  In print it doesn't look that bad, but the tone was very derisive.  I had black corduroys, ankle boots with 2 inch heels, a pretty top with ribbon rosettes along the neckline, a camel suede jacket and pretty dangly earrings.  I had makeup on and had my very long red hair in a twist.

At first I was offended, but then I thought that they were probably feeling kind of underdressed in comparison, (sweatpants and flannel shirts) and like so many people, were trying to make themselves feel better by putting down the person "making them look bad."  Basic bully tactic. 

On the plus side, the only thing they could find to make fun of is how pretty you looked.
I'll get there.  Eventually.

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 01:06:42 PM »
Okay, admit it, you were really wearing silver sequined pants with mirror balls hanging off the cuff, weren't you? ;)

And after you admit it, tell us where you got 'em, because to be honest, those sound awesome.  ;D
Words mean things.

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 12:23:03 AM »
Wow that is strange and very rude. Bansidhe, I'd just chalk it up to guy being a rude jerk.

Ed.