Author Topic: I LOVE Taylor Swift  (Read 1842 times)

Carnation

• Super Hero!
I LOVE Taylor Swift
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »

Hillia

Re: I LOVE Taylor Swift
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
That is a great story, and I love Taylor...

...but...

The song Love Story, loosely framed around Romeo and Juliet, has a line about 'You were Romeo, I was the scarlet letter...'.  Did she not study that book in school?  How does a Puritan woman shamed and cast out by the community for commiting adultery fit in with a teenage love story?  I like that song, but that line always makes me giggle - it so does not fit the rest of the song!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Master_Edward

• Lord what fools these mortals be!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
Great, anyone who advocates reading is cool in my book. 8) Hey I made a pun there, (but it wasn't intentional, LOL).

Taylor Swift sings good too, she keeps it up I predict she'll go far in the music business! ;D

Ed.

Rosey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 08:47:02 PM »
Great, anyone who advocates reading is cool in my book. 8) Hey I made a pun there, (but it wasn't intentional, LOL).

Taylor Swift sings good too, she keeps it up I predict she'll go far in the music business! ;D

Ed.

This post made me smile.  :)

Yarnspinner

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »
This was a great story, but once again I am horrified by the negative posts by people who don't understand how important reading is to success.  I meet sooooo many teens and even adults who decide one day that they are going to be famous novelists or singer/song writers or some kind of inventor/entrepreneur and don't realize that the novel/song/invention/business has already been done to death...simply because they don't read and don't do research.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 06:12:19 AM »
They can still be famous novelists/singers/whatever, they just need to know that the list of millionaires is very small. Even some very famous people have second jobs to support their families.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.