Author Topic: At the Pharmacy  (Read 12938 times)

LaciGirl007

Re: At the Pharmacy
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
kareng57 - I suppose pharmacists must have to ask personal questions sometimes, but I always thought these would be about your health. I guess asking about a patient's insurance policy seems like it's none of his business to me, but it could certainly be worse!
This is so ironic, because just the other day I had to listen to my dad grouse about how his doctor *failed* to point out which brand of medication was cheaper for him under his insurance plan.  I suppose the pharmacist was just trying to help you save a few bucks, but I can see how it would be annoying for you since you've already done your cost-benefit analysis.  But I can also see how someone else might get upset (as my dad did) if a medical professional doesn't even try to point a patient to the most economical alternative.

CrazyDaffodilLady

Re: At the Pharmacy
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »
A pharmacist has a legitimate reason to verify whether or not itís your intention to use insurance.  Itís likely that there are quite a few Special Snowflakes who become irate when the pharmacist doesnít read their mind.

I truly appreciate it when someone gives me a heads up about a sale or a good deal. 

That said, I too have a preferred glucose monitor that I pay for myself.  However, I always check out offers for a free monitor, discounted test strips, new technology, etc.  Some day there may be a good reason for me to switch.

My vote is that the pharmacist was trying to be both efficient and helpful.
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.