Author Topic: A favor returned  (Read 984 times)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
A favor returned
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »
The sweetest thing just happened!  A few weeks ago, when we were moving in, my husband was outside doing some work when an older lady biking by had a flat tire.  Unfortunately my husband didn't have access to his bicycle pump as we hadn't unpacked much yet, so he offered to give her a ride home, which she accepted.  So he drove her a few miles to her house and they chatted.

This evening, we just had a knock on the door.  It was the lady, come to thank him again and give him a little gift bag containing chocolates, a nut mix, and a bottle of whiskey, along with a thank-you card.  I can't believe she was so sweet!  It was a very small favor for such a reward, but very kind of her and much appreciated!  Now I just need to abscond with this yummy cranberry nut mix before he notices.

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
Re: A favor returned
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
Stories like this give me hope in the basic goodness of humanity. Thank you.
A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Re: A favor returned
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »
that is really sweet (of both of them!)  I'm so glad you have some good neighbors!
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou